Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #196
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomOnTour View Post
Go fetch that post? Really?

If you think there weren't folks on this board calling for the "protesters" to be shot then:
A) you're playing the idiot
B) you are an idiot
C) you have a terrible memory
I don't recall anyone. Of course, Tom doesn't count.
Old 01-07-2021, 06:53 PM   #197
jay68802

Quote:
Golly gee y'all...thanks for all the responses to this post.
Too bad none of you answered the question...

Why was she there breaking the law?
Military service doesn't make one eligible to break the law
She was there, supporting her personal beliefs. Why was George Floyd there, breaking the law?
jay68802 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 06:55 PM   #198
Mulerider

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Up until now, the people have been afraid of the government. Isn't it about time that the government got a little scared of the people?

“The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions that I wish it to be always kept alive. It will often be exercised when wrong, but better so than not to be exercised at all.” -- Thomas Jefferson, Feb. 22, 1787
Mulerider is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 06:59 PM   #199
OntheRail

Quote:
Golly gee y'all...thanks for all the responses to this post.
Too bad none of you answered the question...

Why was she there breaking the law?
Military service
You first...

Quote:
So you now believe the Flyod... Taylor deaths were justified right. We can mark that position down from you from this point forward. And condemn all those protest that followed. Right.
I mean being a person of color doesn't make one eligible to break the law
Old 01-07-2021, 07:02 PM   #200
TJDave

Quote:
The voice of the people must be heard...even if the walls of Congress must be climbed in the process.
So what has your government done to make you want to storm its walls?
Old 01-07-2021, 07:53 PM   #201
OntheRail

Look at the time stamp... 01-06-2021 9:33am ET.

Really this writer must be able to pick all the winner... I mean what prophetic abilities on displayed here. Predicting events hours in advance. Or could this be a case of prior knowledge and poor restraint. You be the judge...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 933.jpg (75.5 KB, 12 views)
Old 01-07-2021, 07:56 PM   #202
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
So what has your government done to make you want to storm its walls?
They've given me nothing but worthless presidential candidates whenever I go to exercise my most fundamental democratic right.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 08:05 PM   #203
fast4522

Quote:
They've given me nothing but worthless presidential candidates whenever I go to exercise my most fundamental democratic right.
It is more true that the people in our country nominate who will be your choices, if you do not agree make your case.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 08:12 PM   #204
TJDave

Quote:
That’s worth climbing walls?

Presidents are WAY overrated.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:17 PM   #205
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522 View Post
It is more true that the people in our country nominate who will be your choices, if you do not agree make your case.
I find it hard to believe that, in the richest and most powerful country in the world, its citizens "chose" to have either Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton represent them as POTUS in the 2016 elections. I also find it hard to believe that Joe Biden was the "people's choice" in our most recent presidential election. What I do believe is that the American citizens are forced to select the "best of two evils"...and I used to think that this only happened in third-world countries.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:26 PM   #206
snappit

One of the most disturbing things is that there are so many people on here seeming to condone what happened yesterday. It will be interesting to see how many agree with what their hero has just said that what happened was 'heinous'. Of course we all know he's lying as he incited it. We've even had people on here saying it was a peaceful protest. It wasn't, these were thugs, some with guns, pipe bombs, vandalising the building, stealing, threatening, attacking press and vandalising their equipment and putting elected officials, police and workers in the building in fear of their lives. Four people are known to have died and it now seems there are reports that a police officer may have died. I can only imagine what would have been said on here if it was Obama who'd said the things Trump has and African Americans who invaded the building. You'd be calling for the death penalty for treason. Still, only a couple of weeks until the deranged lunatic is out of office.
snappit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2021, 08:26 PM   #207
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
That’s worth climbing walls?

Presidents are WAY overrated.
It STARTS with the climbing of walls...but it sometimes leads to more effective methods of citizen dissent. Who knows...the next time it may mean that 70 million people will turn in empty tax returns at tax time. The point is to remind the politicians who the REAL "bosses" are in a democratic country.

Last edited by thaskalos; 01-07-2021 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:28 PM   #208
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by snappit View Post
One of the most disturbing things is that there are so many people on here seeming to condone what happened yesterday. It will be interesting to see how many agree with what their hero has just said that what happened was 'heinous'. Of course we all know he's lying as he incited it. We've even had people on here saying it was a peaceful protest. It wasn't, these were thugs, some with guns, pipe bombs, vandalising the building, stealing, threatening, attacking press and vandalising their equipment and putting elected officials, police and workers in the building in fear of their lives. Four people are known to have died and it now seems there are reports that a police officer may have died. I can only imagine what would have been said on here if it was Obama who'd said the things Trump has and African Americans who invaded the building. You'd be calling for the death penalty for treason. Still, only a couple of weeks until the deranged lunatic is out of office.
I know...you can ONLY IMAGINE.

And I know, you're SO DISTURBED.

What you are is a FAKE and a PHONY. Go back to the UK and try and worm your way back into the EU where you belong.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:32 PM   #209
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I know...you can ONLY IMAGINE.

And I know, you're SO DISTURBED.

What you are is a FAKE and a PHONY. Go back to the UK and try and worm your way back into the EU where you belong.
Let me revise the above. I was a bit too harsh.

You're a FAKE and a PHONY if you claim NOT to understand why people say the things they do on here, and why half the US population agrees with me more than it does you.
Old 01-07-2021, 08:39 PM   #210
ElKabong

Quote:
Go fetch that post? Really?

If you think there weren't folks on this board calling for the "protesters" to be shot then:
A) you're playing the idiot
B) you are an idiot
C) you have a terrible memory

Note that i put the word "protesters" in parentheses because they did much more than protest (as did the folks in DC yesterday).
The folks in DC yesterday trespassed, broke windows, and occupied property that wasn't theirs. They also scared the crap out of the folks who did have the right to be in the Capitol.
Lord knows what else they would have done if given the chance.
What do you think would have happened if they had gotten their hands on a Democratic member of the Senate?
If Antifa or BLM had pulled the same stunt half of this board would have called for them to be shot.
Stop the charade ElK

OK, Hook 'em
So you can't find a post to back up your claim?

Figures.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply