Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 11-06-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
atlasaxis

Conditional wagering

Been waiting forever for twinspires to get this corrected. Are there any other ADWs that offer conditional wagering? Thank you.
Old 11-07-2019, 12:36 AM   #2
trifecta

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis View Post
Been waiting forever for twinspires to get this corrected. Are there any other ADWs that offer conditional wagering? Thank you.
XpressBet does.
trifecta is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2019, 08:00 AM   #3
Parson

AMWAGER does as well
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2019, 09:22 AM   #4
Gorrex

AmWager's conditional system stands out from others for a few reasons.

1. Our conditional system checks continuously to see if all conditions are true. Most systems check once at your specified minutes to post.. which means its possible your odds conditions become true later and you miss out.
2. We allow multiple odds/payout conditions per wager which means you can create a range condition.
3. We do not lock the conditions to the wager pool. This means its possible to construct "fair value" conditions on more complex pools.

And as always.. if there is something we have not thought of that would make the system better tell us and we will get it built.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2019, 09:23 AM   #5
Gorrex

Also.. if anyone ever needs a walkthrough or help with our systems reach out to me or support@amwager.com.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 11-07-2019, 10:34 AM   #6
Prof.Factor

Been with Twinspires since it's inception. They called me when the Conditional wagering feature was being dropped. My guess is it had something to with Kentucky Derby overload. Anyways, I will be making my first visit to AMWAGER today. The conditional wager feature is huge to me.Thanks for the info.
Prof.Factor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2019, 02:22 PM   #7
Partsnut
BetMix User

Hi Tom,

Xpress bet has conditional Wagering.
Old 11-07-2019, 02:53 PM   #8
green80

conditional wagering is the way to go, I don't bet without using it
green80 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-07-2019, 03:19 PM   #9
sharkey11

this is all fine an good but untill the tracks an adws get together and lock all bets when the gate opens then all bettors will be either holding tickets they dont want or not holding tickets they want when the odds change as horses run up to the half mile call or more and an odds flash occures ! does anyone rember the bell ringers
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2019, 11:45 AM   #10
JeremyJet
Handicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlasaxis View Post
Been waiting forever for twinspires to get this corrected.
Check your email. The long wait is over.
JeremyJet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-14-2019, 06:35 PM   #11
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorrex View Post
AmWager's conditional system stands out from others for a few reasons.

1. Our conditional system checks continuously to see if all conditions are true. Most systems check once at your specified minutes to post.. which means its possible your odds conditions become true later and you miss out.
2. We allow multiple odds/payout conditions per wager which means you can create a range condition.
3. We do not lock the conditions to the wager pool. This means its possible to construct "fair value" conditions on more complex pools.

And as always.. if there is something we have not thought of that would make the system better tell us and we will get it built.
How much delay is there between the AmWest platform and the actual track when it both respectively show zero minutes to post?

The reason I am asking is that I have noticed up to a 90+ seconds difference with another ADW who offers conditional wagering. In other words, when their platform first displays zero minutes to post (which is the time they would place one's 0 MTP conditional wager), it takes sometimes up to another 90+ seconds before the live track displays 0 MTP. This means that this particular ADW actually submits 0 MTP conditional wagers at almost 2 MTP, and it may even be done by design.

I recognize that odds do change significantly AFTER 0 MTP, but adding on almost 2 more full minutes IMO makes things exponentially worse when the 0 MTP conditional wager also contains a minimum or maximum odds requirement.

And in a related question, does AmWest allow conditional wagers to first be evaluated at intervals like 30 seconds after 0 MTP, 60 seconds after 0 MTP, etc.?
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2019, 11:25 AM   #12
Gorrex

Pretty much all ADWs (including us) show 0 MTP at anything under 60 seconds to scheduled post time.

Some video feeds ADD time to the scheduled post time, others subtract it. In general the video feed rarely ever matches the actual post time set by the on track tote personnel. Its all the mutuels department at that track trying to get the most bets in... They still generally think about on track only even though 80% of their business is somewhere else.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 11-18-2019, 11:27 AM   #13
Gorrex

And in AmWager conditional wagers are evaluated every 20 seconds at a minimum.

Jason Martin
IT Director