Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-02-2020, 01:05 PM   #31
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
I only look at the big races but it seemed about the same thru the day . A little speed favoring with a combination of no pace in the two turn races. At least the HAllen Jerkens had some contention. In the Personal Ensign and Whitney , Both Vexatious and Improbable had the same trip. Stalk a pedestrian pace on a target that’s gonna throw in the towel at some point. Bisou ran fine but it’s tough to reel in good horses when races go this way. The Whitney was even worse with the fave getting a bad start. Other than the third quarter I’m pretty sure they are going just about 25 a quarter in a grade 1 race. The real running starts so late ..... it’s over. Improbable and By My Standards are waltzing behind Mr Buff knowing he’ll probably come back. Positions never changed other than Toms closing a bit which shows he’s pretty good in defeat. But the guys are right on the NYRA channel. You have to guess if these guys are gonna push the pace. Both races at 1 1/8 were pretty much merry go rounds today. Part of it is the track but c’mon these jocks really don’t press unless they really get caught up in it. On a dirt track the closers really have little chance for a win spot in those deals. When Tom misses the break..... that race was larceny. If the track is getting faster as the day goes on .... like you are saying..... look at that race again . That’s makes the pace of it even worse.
You realize my post was about the last time he ran, and not about Whitney day?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply