Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 06-29-2020, 09:01 PM   #1876
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameegray1 View Post
Interested in people's views on the 7th at Delaware today.

The winner was objected against twice after leaving a trail of stricken horses in it's wake. The 2nd was also objected against in a separate stretch incident.

Stewards dismissed all three objections but decided to DQ the 3rd placed horse despite no objection, after he drifted half way across the in the stretch.

Fun times!

So much to digest here. I'll tell you what I saw, with NO skin in the race, as neutral as it gets.

was hindered when the tried to get out on the first turn. Down the backstretch, the was never comfortable and was mostly looking to and lugging towards it's right. Around the 2nd turn, the was still never settled, and the was clearly in the 2 path. was again moving the the right including the illusional point where he pulled up sharply. Not the fault of the who maintained a consistent path. The was later forced into the by the , who was properly disqualified.

came over on the and should have been disqualified.

caused the trouble involving the and also came out and sandwiched the in conjunction with the

I would have placed the behind , and the behind the
Old 07-13-2020, 09:29 AM   #1877
metro

Didn't see a thread for the scratch or non scratch based on the start of a race so this post wound up here.

Yesterday's 9th at Del Mar - 3 horse, Blameitonthelaw gets left at the gate, about 5 lengths, at the wire horse runs 3rd beaten 4 1/2 lengths. Stewards Inquiry and video show the head of the 3 turned to it's inside at a complete 45 degree angle as the gates open. Looked obvious that the assistant starter still had a hold of the rein.

Results stand, bettors fleeced.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 03:55 PM   #1878
shout1966

Parx 4th July 13 2020.

Another mystery dq of a runaway winner. anyone see this today. Did i miss something?

shout1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 04:06 PM   #1879
jay68802

Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
Parx 4th July 13 2020.

Another mystery dq of a runaway winner. anyone see this today. Did i miss something?

About 100 yards out of the gate, the causes the to check hard.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #1880
shout1966

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay68802 View Post
About 100 yards out of the gate, the causes the to check hard.

Thanks if you watch the replay on TVG and read equibase charts no mention of why he was taken down. I have seen alot worst left unchanged thats for sure. They even had the horse in the winners circle. Also the 4 imo was clear of the 3 and the inexperienced jockey on the 3 panicked and took up.

Last edited by shout1966; 07-13-2020 at 04:13 PM.
shout1966 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 06:43 PM   #1881
jameegray1

Quote:
Originally Posted by shout1966 View Post
Thanks if you watch the replay on TVG and read equibase charts no mention of why he was taken down. I have seen alot worst left unchanged thats for sure. They even had the horse in the winners circle. Also the 4 imo was clear of the 3 and the inexperienced jockey on the 3 panicked and took up.
I wasn't expecting the objection to be allowed as the was easily beaten by the . I don't see how they can claim that the interference cost the any places.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 06:47 PM   #1882
jay68802

Quote:
I wasn't expecting the objection to be allowed as the was easily beaten by the . I don't see how they can claim that the interference cost the any places.
Cost him some lengths, but, I think that how many lengths it cost him was not worth the DQ.
jay68802 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 11:01 PM   #1883
the little guy

Seems to me from the head-on that the grey horse herded the 4 and caused him to come in slightly which resulted in the minor steady of the 3.

It was a horrendous call even if you don't take that into account, and bettors once again took the brunt of it, but to me there were more than mitigating circumstances regardless. I don't get up in arms about takedowns too often but this one was utterly ridiculous.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2020, 11:04 PM   #1884
the little guy

I just watched it again. There is no question the grey horse caused the entire chain reaction. Can't wait until they suspend the rider of the 4. You know that's coming.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2020, 12:11 AM   #1885
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
I just watched it again. There is no question the grey horse caused the entire chain reaction. Can't wait until they suspend the rider of the 4. You know that's coming.
This was a really, really bad DQ. I feel for anyone that bet the 4 and anyone that bet the 3 should play the lottery tomorrow.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2020, 02:17 PM   #1886
Robert Fischer
clean money

Post Saratoga r2 7/16/2020

Price Talk

mixed emotions here.

3 was inside horses (namely the 7) , 6 and 10 were carrying the lead into the stretch)

Unless Jose Lezcano just pulled off the greatest act of 'playing possum' that I've ever seen, and completely fooled my eyes, the wasn't doing anything.

The were hanging up front, begging for the finish line.

Some combination of Manny Franco either being extremely reckless, or the Price Talk being uncontrollable led to significant foul of the .

The went on to win easily. The although knocked off his lead continued on about the same trajectory as he seemed to be headed along.

Ultimately, I'd prefer to see a horse and rider who are pocketed up have to deal with the traffic, and either slip out w/out fouling, or come up the rail inside of rivals. (or simply take the loss, because he had too much traffic to overcome)

However, it's an inconsistent thing with the stewards. Often riders of horses who are favorites, or clearly much the best are given a free pass to bull into rivals to fight through traffic.

Manny Franco isn't necessarily one of the ones who does this often, but it was his turn today. He happened to get called for it.

Tough luck for Manny, as it was a change in the common-accepted-practices. Also tough for bettors who played a slightly overlayed Klaravich contender due to the 'B'-barn designation.

Still, I feel it's technically the correct ruling, and would be nice to see it consistently upheld, and established as the new common accepted practice.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 07-16-2020 at 02:19 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-16-2020, 03:11 PM   #1887
jameegray1

Delaware R4 today. In a freaky coincidence, almost identical to last week's race with the 4 pushing the 6 out wide around the final bend and then absurdly running on to win. Last time the FPTP kept the race. What will the stewards do this time...
Old 07-16-2020, 03:14 PM   #1888
jameegray1

Quote:
Delaware R4 today. In a freaky coincidence, almost identical to last week's race with the 4 pushing the 6 out wide around the final bend and then absurdly running on to win. Last time the FPTP kept the race. What will the stewards do this time...
Well, that makes no sense. This week the FPTP gets DQ'd. I felt that last week's was worse! Looking forward to comparing the replays later...
Old 07-16-2020, 03:18 PM   #1889
BIG49010

Quote:
Well, that makes no sense. This week the FPTP gets DQ'd. I felt that last week's was worse! Looking forward to comparing the replays later...

Crazy finish and no way should they have taken this poor horse down!
Old 07-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #1890
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
if wagering customers could see the technology and process in what goes into consistent standards of these rulings, I think there'd be far less complaints about DQs