Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-22-2024, 05:15 PM   #46
denniswilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Wow, 46 posts and you know people that well.

Did your twitter account recently get suspended?

FAT Tommy is still angry that the state limited the size of his BiG GULP.
denniswilliams is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 05:47 PM   #47
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Dahoss, what did do to piss of Elon?
As usual. dumber than crap.
I've lost 120 lbs. since I had covid.

And you got banned yet again!
Come on, man, you can't stay at kindergarden level forever.
Did you get banned from the Delinger Dimwitt Room too?
Old 01-22-2024, 06:24 PM   #48
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswilliams View Post
He definitely has an 'agenda' and it's interesting that some people don't see it. It's not like he tries to hide it. What's particularly 'humorous' is how he sucks up to people when he needs something - some skill he lacks (like creating his database - that was a SUCKUP for the ages, for example). Then, after the fact, he assumes the EXPERT stance.

Don't let him get to you .....
Okay, I'll bite. What is wrong with seeking help at the forum for learning how to better program and create a database.? Since he has moved on and since provided insights from his database to this forum I think he has more than made amends for something he doesn't need to make amends for. If you disagree with the expertise he provides, challenge it or if it better suits your personality, stay quiet and let him mislead the audience. I have had disagreements with the man over the years. Doesn't phase me one iota and I am certain it doesn't phase him. I give my point of view, he gives his, the audience will decide which if any point of views work for them. That is sort of how this posting forum thing is supposed to work. Right? At least I think so.

As far as TLG, I gave him a pass a while back, but fwiw, I think Nitro is spot on.
I don't think there is one poster on this forum that I dislike. I try to respect everybody. Which doesn't mean I will not argue my case hard if need be. TLG seems to have a stable full of folks he can't stand, but from what I seen of his personality, he seems quite likeable. It's very curious.

Last edited by Poindexter; 01-22-2024 at 06:26 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2024, 07:09 PM   #49
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Class understands what a forum is for.
He asks questions to improve his game.

The other knucklehead is happy to lose year after year.
You should see is Saratoga picks every year!

He even tried to claim he made a profit two years ago, but only if he had FREE PPs!
Old 01-22-2024, 10:34 PM   #50
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post
Well, as usual there he goes again: Responding just like a little guy! Instead of conducting himself as a reasonable person, you (and others) become another point of personal ridicule and sarcasm. It’s no wonder why many others around here seeing similar situations are reluctant to post and even shy away from posting at all. It’s a shame that someone so involved in the racing industry can’t be a better and more congenial ambassador of the game when it comes to general interaction with other players.
Where is the gag emote?

Oh, here it is:

We already have plenty of "congenial ambassadors of the game"

Where did that get us?

Nowhere.

Horseplayers by their nature should never be congenial ambassadors. They should be gritty combatants with battle wounds and scars and cuss like a sailor. Haven't you ever been to the track? Place was full of those types back in the day...that's what made the game great.

Now people don't go to the track anymore...maybe because there are way too many congenial ambassadors and not enough people who tell it like it is.
Old 01-22-2024, 10:36 PM   #51
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by denniswilliams View Post
FAT Tommy is still angry that the state limited the size of his BiG GULP.
This is your first and last warning.

Don't pull this personal shit again.
Old 01-23-2024, 12:14 AM   #52
Profesor

Quote:
Originally Posted by metro View Post
Suddenly the key board bully knows the definition of the word if.
Be careful the bully has connections on this board he is allowed to insult
Profesor is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2024, 02:01 AM   #53
Nitro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Where is the gag emote?

Oh, here it is:

We already have plenty of "congenial ambassadors of the game"

Where did that get us?

Nowhere.

Horseplayers by their nature should never be congenial ambassadors. They should be gritty combatants with battle wounds and scars and cuss like a sailor. Haven't you ever been to the track? Place was full of those types back in the day...that's what made the game great.

Now people don't go to the track anymore...maybe because there are way too many congenial ambassadors and not enough people who tell it like it is.
“Emote”? Where in the world did you come up with that interpretation? There are undoubtedly no imaginary emotions tied to my comments.

Apparently, you’ve entirely missed the point! I certainly wasn’t referring to the “players” in general as being “congenial ambassadors” of the game. I thought that it was obvious that I was describing the occasionally disrespectful behavior of a single person regarding comments (both past and present) made to other PA members. (Unless I’m mistaken, I can only assume that these members are players as well).

BTW, I’ve been around the block a few times by having attended the track (and even OTBs) on many occasions. To be honest I have personally found that the demeanor of horse players in general has exhibited some of the most colorful and humorous characteristics of people that I’ve ever encountered. Although at times they can cause some distractions in that environment, I’ve always found them to be people of optimistic determination. Yes, I sometimes miss those surroundings, but a personal handicap has precluded me from being there these days. Be that as it may, I believe you can unequivocally count on me to “tell it like it is” and have no ax to grind.

Funny how discussions can very often rekindle fond memories. I recall my first introduction to the track. It was back in high school when a new acquaintance of mine approached me during an early study hall class. He asked me if I’d like to cut the rest of the classes and accompany him to the track. I had no idea what he was referring to.
But he explained that he was headed to Aqueduct, and his normal partner couldn’t make it. I explained that I didn’t have a lot of cash on hand, but he said, “I got you covered”, as he pulled out a large roll of cash from his black leather trench type coat. Yes, being a transplant from Brooklyn with long black greasy hair, he certainly had the look of what I would have stereotyped as a typical horse player. So, after class we jumped into his hopped up 57’ Chevy and headed to the “Big A”. A meaningful experience I’ll never forget.
Nitro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2024, 02:06 AM   #54
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

We need more people like Andy employed by racetracks.

Not fewer.

He's the James Brown of horse racing analysts.

The hardest working man in show business.

And you guys just shit all over him. Disgusting.

"Oh no, Andy wasn't cordial with me..."

Here's my advice to everyone crying.

If Andy wasn't cordial with you, there's a reason. You're probably spouting a ridiculous notion based on zero reality. Time for a self-check.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:09 AM   #55
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

You ever hear someone described as "he doesn't suffer fools gladly?"

That's Andy.

And that's a positive trait...not a negative one.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:19 AM   #56
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
We need more people like Andy employed by racetracks.

Not fewer.

He's the James Brown of horse racing analysts.

The hardest working man in show business.

And you guys just shit all over him. Disgusting.

"Oh no, Andy wasn't cordial with me..."

Here's my advice to everyone crying.

If Andy wasn't cordial with you, there's a reason. You're probably spouting a ridiculous notion based on zero reality. Time for a self-check.
Interesting synopsis. I went through every post in this thread to see what I was missing. I witnessed nobody shitting all over him and I witnessed nobody crying. How well he does his job really has little to do with the subject. When you work for a company, like it or not, you represent the company and professionalism should be self imposed. For the record, I personally have no issues with any of his posts towards me. I also have no idea what goes on between him and some of these folks on twitter.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2024, 09:39 AM   #57
Robert Fischer
clean money

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitro View Post

BTW, I’ve been around the block a few times by having attended the track (and even OTBs) on many occasions. To be honest I have personally found that the demeanor of horse players in general has exhibited some of the most colorful and humorous characteristics of people that I’ve ever encountered. Although at times they can cause some distractions in that environment, I’ve always found them to be people of optimistic determination. Yes, I sometimes miss those surroundings, but a personal handicap has precluded me from being there these days. Be that as it may, I believe you can unequivocally count on me to “tell it like it is” and have no ax to grind.

Funny how discussions can very often rekindle fond memories. I recall my first introduction to the track. It was back in high school when a new acquaintance of mine approached me during an early study hall class. He asked me if I’d like to cut the rest of the classes and accompany him to the track. I had no idea what he was referring to.
But he explained that he was headed to Aqueduct, and his normal partner couldn’t make it. I explained that I didn’t have a lot of cash on hand, but he said, “I got you covered”,
as he pulled out a large roll of cash from his black leather trench type coat. Yes, being a transplant from Brooklyn with long black greasy hair, he certainly had the look of what I would have stereotyped as a typical horse player. So, after class we jumped into his hopped up 57’ Chevy and headed to the “Big A”. A meaningful experience I’ll never forget.
haha good story Nitro

I was waiting for some sideways shots at TLG and a pitch for Hong Kong, but a story broke out!

If the mental ward held a 'Mensa meeting' they'd hold it in an OTB/racetrack simulcast.
Old 01-23-2024, 09:56 AM   #58
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
Interesting synopsis. I went through every post in this thread to see what I was missing. I witnessed nobody shitting all over him and I witnessed nobody crying. How well he does his job really has little to do with the subject. When you work for a company, like it or not, you represent the company and professionalism should be self imposed. For the record, I personally have no issues with any of his posts towards me. I also have no idea what goes on between him and some of these folks on twitter.
You are a bright guy. You read every post in the thread. You honestly missed that in post #28 Class was basically taking the ridiculous conspiracy from post 1, as an opportunity to pull a 'gotcha' on TLG?

Class is a good guy. TLG is a good guy. Both have years on the board and some difference of opinion. I'm not anyone to judge either's stance or take a side.

If you think industry employees should be even less personal with this kind of stuff, I don't agree, but I respect that. Feel free to clarify.
Old 01-23-2024, 10:54 AM   #59
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
When you work for a company, like it or not, you represent the company and professionalism should be self imposed.
Imagine thinking he's anything but professional.

Having strong opinions and not suffering fools does not make one unprofessional.
Old 01-23-2024, 11:00 AM   #60
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So Classhandicapper was attacked by a professinal?
Yeah, right what you need to think.