Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 03-03-2014, 07:37 PM   #16
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relwob Owner
I only saw the head on once, but it definitely looked like the 2 came out on the three and the 5 could have come over on three as well. Of course, Brisnet has no head on replay right now
The top 2 runners "squeezed" the 3, but the winner was storming past and was a no doubt winner with 70 yards to go, the 2nd place finisher came out a smidge and the 3 got "tightened up" but at the time of the incident, the outcome was basically decided, the 3 had every shot turning for home to run past the leader, but was tiring and that's why he got in tight late, i hate "Rewarding" a horse who's too slow to keep up and essentially gets "squeezed' because hes put himself in a position to have other horses come over on him.

You see this all the time in the game, the horse who circles up on the outside and runs past the tiring horse will "lug in" to the clear spot that was vacated by the horse to his left who isnt keeping up and the slower runner will "Steady" as the leader runs past.

Good job by the judges, this was a situation where there was theoretically some minor interference,but it didnt really affect the outcome and the reason the interference occured in the first place is because the bothered horse was just not keeping up. Good non takedown imo.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 08:06 PM   #17
Chris Longshot
Chris Longshot

This is by far the worse jockey colony I have ever seen at MNR really any track for that matter pair it with cheap stock and you better get used to a lot on inquiries, objections and disqualifications...Don't even get me started on the Stewards.....

http://damountain.blogspot.com/
Chris Longshot is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2014, 08:12 PM   #18
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Longshot
This is by far the worse jockey colony I have ever seen at MNR really any track for that matter pair it with cheap stock and you better get used to a lot on inquiries, objections and disqualifications...Don't even get me started on the Stewards.....
The top 2 or 3 guys there are decent, Eddie Martin is riding there now, he's a solid Louisiana veteran who (i guess) just moved there to ride full time. Parker leaving for Texas has weakened the colony for sure.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 09:47 PM   #19
Al Gobbi

Race 8 3/4/14

5 horse field and an inquiry and multiple objections in the race involving four of the 5 runners.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2014, 10:07 PM   #20
duncan04
Let's go Reds!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi
Race 8 3/4/14

5 horse field and an inquiry and multiple objections in the race involving four of the 5 runners.
No change
Old 03-05-2014, 12:25 PM   #21
soupman2

I thought for sure the 6 was coming down for cutting off the 4; then I thought the 5 was coming down for knocking the 1 into the 4. Though at the same time I thought the jock on the 1 was an idiot for trying to create a hole between the 5 and 4. The way the 1 was moving I think that horse with a better ride would have won.
soupman2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2014, 12:53 PM   #22
lamboguy

Rick Mahorn will hit you from behind when you are not looking!
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2014, 02:37 PM   #23
soupman2

Holy crap how could I forget! Must be that old age stuff. Had me roaring. Haven't heard Johnny for a long time. He could make someone tying their shoe entertaining. He was such a homer he was beautiful.
Old 03-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #24
lamboguy

here's one for you. who did Johnny Most replace when he first started broadcasting Celtic Basketball?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:07 PM   #25
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
here's one for you. who did Johnny Most replace when he first started broadcasting Celtic Basketball?
Curt Gowdy?
Old 03-05-2014, 03:13 PM   #26
speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
Curt Gowdy?
After i googled it i believe you are correct.
speed is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2014, 03:15 PM   #27
Dave Schwartz

I do not know anything about the DQ situation. I just know that there are a handful of tracks that beat me consistently. As such, I do not play them.

MNR, CT, EVD, DED all fall into that category (for me).

Perhaps your experience is different.
Dave Schwartz is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #28
lamboguy

Curt Gowdy is the winner!
Old 03-05-2014, 05:10 PM   #29
soupman2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Schwartz
I do not know anything about the DQ situation. I just know that there are a handful of tracks that beat me consistently. As such, I do not play them.

MNR, CT, EVD, DED all fall into that category (for me).

Perhaps your experience is different.
Pretty funny Dave-- those are the tracks I play and Penn. I cant do anything with Santa Anita or the NY tracks. Forget Tampa and Fair Grounds.

Bob
Old 03-05-2014, 05:18 PM   #30
lamboguy

for a wednesday, the Mountain is putting out a dynamite card, they have 1 msw and 4 allowance races. it doesn't get any better. i am going to sleep for an hour so i don't miss the action tonight!