Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 12-03-2018, 11:10 AM   #1
Blenheim
Race Player

Drone @ the Breeders' Cup

Sure is a lot I don't know . . . didn't know they were using drones @ the race track - not a bad idea. I noticed said drone coming into frame at about 1:45 while watching Improbable smokem' in the Street Sense Stakes, Breeders' Cup day.

Drone at BC

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 11:31 AM   #2
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

That was not a drone. I was there on Friday and Saturday, sat in apron seats around the eighth pole, and what you saw in the replay is a camera (maybe NBC) on a cable around 20 feet in the air. It looked to me, to run along most of the stretch to past the finish line. It would fly by in front of us during each race.

Leaving the races on Saturday after the Classic we saw them taking the camera down outside the grandstands from what looked like a telephone pole mount.

I did not see any drones around while there, but I guess it is possible they were used some place else on the track.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 12:21 PM   #3
Blenheim
Race Player

Nice. Definitive.

I don't quite see the wires, but I do see the camera. As you were there and saw the whole setup, gotta go with what you know. Interesting . . . and thanks for the correction.

Blenheim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-03-2018, 01:57 PM   #4
Wiley
Horse Racing Connossieur

No problem. It did look like a drone to us too when it would fly by, but it was definitely on a cable.

I did not watch any of the NBC replay, but assume they used some race views or warm up shots from this camera.
Wiley is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: