Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 61 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-28-2016, 11:55 PM   #1501
NJ Stinks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker

In the most recent Rasmussen right track/wrong track poll, only 26% of voters said the country was on the right track.
How many people like the presidential candidates they have to choose from this time around? That's got to affect this poll a lot IMO.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:23 AM   #1502
davew

I was wrong about 0bama.

He just said that he saved the country from the worst depression ever, and brought the country back to unprecedented prosperity, so things must be gong great.

It will be interesting what his legacy is like in 10 - 15 years. Bill Clinton on the campaign trail is already saying no one wants more of the last 7 tears...
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #1503
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Bill Clinton on the campaign trail is already saying no one wants more of the last 7 tears...
That's true, but it is also the same campaign theme every politician uses. The country is a mess and only I (or in this case, my wife) can fix it.

But Bill conveniently neglects to mention the role his wife played in the last 7 years.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:20 PM   #1504
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
A lot of democrats like the economic policies of Bernie Sanders. I think that more or less disqualifies them from having an informed view on Obama.
Maybe it is your economic views that are off base. On second thought, scratch that maybe.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:30 PM   #1505
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Barry On-No bama 'in fact' learned the wave at Cominsky Park as a big fan of the Chicago White Sox (even though he couldn't name a single player when asked who was his favorite player.)
A couple of things wrong with your post. One, Chicagoans don't do the wave; so Obama did not learn it at "Cominsky" Second, if you are making fun of Obama for pronouncing Comisky Park as Cominsky, you need to also make fun of most Sox fans, because that is how they pronounce it. It's a Chicago thing.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:36 PM   #1506
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
Proving only that the schizophrenic personality cult of Obama fans continues. For his entire career he has gotten high personal approval rating while his policies got poor ratings.

In the most recent Rasmussen right track/wrong track poll, only 26% of voters said the country was on the right track.
That right track/wrong track poll is about the most useless thing around. Republicans say the country is on the wrong track because of the policies of the Democratic administration. Democrats say the country is on the wrong track because of the obstructionism of the Republican Congress. I doubt if the country has ever been on the right track according to those polls.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #1507
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
I doubt if the country has ever been on the right track according to those polls.
Not during an Obama administration.

Old 04-29-2016, 06:33 PM   #1508
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
A couple of things wrong with your post. One, Chicagoans don't do the wave; so Obama did not learn it at "Cominsky" Second, if you are making fun of Obama for pronouncing Comisky Park as Cominsky, you need to also make fun of most Sox fans, because that is how they pronounce it. It's a Chicago thing.
mostpost, my friend, you really need to get a hobby. You resurrected this post of mine....why? How many years ago did I write that post? 5? 8? 25?

If I recall, Barry Oh my god Bama was in the TV booth and he said he 'learned the wave at Co-minsky Park'. Maybe the wave never existed in Chicago. And if it is also true that most Chicagoans called it Co-minsky then I'll take your word on that. I do have old friends from there and they never once called it that nor did the subject of the wave ever came up, but...

Barry Oh no Bama also said he was a true, blue lifelong Sox fan but yet when asked who was his favorite player he couldn't name a single White Sox player.

Now, I could understand him not naming Eddie Collins, Ol' Aches and Pains Luke Appling, Luis Aparicio , Al Lopez or even Nellie Fox... but he should have known more modern players such as Dick Allen, Harold Baines and The Big Hurt, Frank Thomas. Yet he didn't name anyone, solely because he is a liar and a phony, even when the subject is relatively unimportant.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-29-2016, 10:49 PM   #1509
davew

Quote:
Maybe it is your economic views that are off base. On second thought, scratch that maybe.

Yes, who needs a budget when clearly everything is better spending more than you bring in.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 12:45 AM   #1510
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
Yes, who needs a budget when clearly everything is better spending more than you bring in.
We don't have a spending problem, we have a pay-for problem. -- Nancy Pelosi
Old 04-30-2016, 06:56 AM   #1511
tucker6

Quote:
As someone who graduated with a degree in Economics, your post is the ultimate pot calling the kettle black. I have never seen a more uninformed person economically speaking who thinks he knows so much. I assume it is your chosen form of projection on the internet when your lack of real knowledge of the subject gets in the way.

Last edited by tucker6; 04-30-2016 at 06:58 AM.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 10:24 AM   #1512
chrisl

Tucker: Amen.... The guy is clueless
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #1513
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
mostpost, my friend, you really need to get a hobby. You resurrected this post of mine....why? How many years ago did I write that post? 5? 8? 25?

If I recall, Barry Oh my god Bama was in the TV booth and he said he 'learned the wave at Co-minsky Park'. Maybe the wave never existed in Chicago. And if it is also true that most Chicagoans called it Co-minsky then I'll take your word on that. I do have old friends from there and they never once called it that nor did the subject of the wave ever came up, but...

Barry Oh no Bama also said he was a true, blue lifelong Sox fan but yet when asked who was his favorite player he couldn't name a single White Sox player.

Now, I could understand him not naming Eddie Collins, Ol' Aches and Pains Luke Appling, Luis Aparicio , Al Lopez or even Nellie Fox... but he should have known more modern players such as Dick Allen, Harold Baines and The Big Hurt, Frank Thomas. Yet he didn't name anyone, solely because he is a liar and a phony, even when the subject is relatively unimportant.
The post I quoted was from this thread, 37 days ago. I just ran across it. Yes I know it has been posted here before by other people.

You know some people, but I live here. Not everyone says cominsky, but a lot do. The wave is not a popular event here. If someone does try to start one it dies quickly.

I'm not arguing that Obama is this great Sox fan. I am not a Sox fan, but in addition to those named above, I know who Chico Carrasquel is plus Jungle Jim Rivera, Minnie Minoso, Sherm Lollar, Edde Cicotte and Shoeless Joe.

I just don't feel exaggerating one's allegiance to a team rises to the level of an impeachable offense. At least Obama knows that it is a basketball hoop not a basketball ring as Ted Cruz seems to think.
Old 04-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #1514
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So, 50% of foreigners are knowledgeable about sports?
Old 04-30-2016, 04:01 PM   #1515
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So, 50% of foreigners are knowledgeable about sports?
What about the other 80%?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply