Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Horseplayers Association of North America (H.A.N.A.)

Old 12-13-2011, 08:20 PM   #1
rwwupl

CHRB Meeting Advisory12-14-11

MEETING AND WEBCAST ADVISORY

The California Horse Racing Board will conduct its regular meeting Thursday, December 15, in the Sunset Room at Hollywood Park beginning at 10 a.m. The public is encouraged to attend. An audio-only Webcast of this and all regular monthly Board meetings can be heard through the “Webcasts” link on the CHRB Website (www.chrb.ca.gov). The audio is available through iPhone, Blackberry, and other mobile devices.

The agenda, supporting package of materials, and Webcast for this meeting can be accessed through the following links: agenda, package, Webcast. The audio archive for past meetings also is available on the CHRB Website.

#
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2011, 02:05 PM   #2
andymays
Veteran

I just had to shut it off after the claiming rule segment. Wow.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2011, 03:19 PM   #3
takeout

Two things I’m still trying to figure out:

1. Why someone from CD would go all the way to a CHRB meeting to explain why CD is not making a VOLUNTARY contribution to the jock’s guild.

2. When did Brackpool start thinking he was the racing commissioner?
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2011, 03:47 PM   #4
andymays
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeout
Two things I’m still trying to figure out:

1. Why someone from CD would go all the way to a CHRB meeting to explain why CD is not making a VOLUNTARY contribution to the jock’s guild.

2. When did Brackpool start thinking he was the racing commissioner?
As far as I know California is the only jurisdiction that does these kinds of broadcasts over the web and you have to say "thumbs up for transparency". Unfortunately they make a lot of bad decisions or no decisions on important issues like the claiming rule. Everyone is afraid to confront Bo Derek on this issue and she's trying to change something that really can't be changed effectively unless you just get rid on claiming races and that's not going to happen. Next time she'll come up with what she thinks is a sensible solution and 90% of Owners and Trainers will be against for various reasons. It's a nightmare.

I'm firmly on the record as not being a Brackpool fan.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 12:52 PM   #5
rwwupl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andymays
As far as I know California is the only jurisdiction that does these kinds of broadcasts over the web and you have to say "thumbs up for transparency". Unfortunately they make a lot of bad decisions or no decisions on important issues like the claiming rule. Everyone is afraid to confront Bo Derek on this issue and she's trying to change something that really can't be changed effectively unless you just get rid on claiming races and that's not going to happen. Next time she'll come up with what she thinks is a sensible solution and 90% of Owners and Trainers will be against for various reasons. It's a nightmare.

I'm firmly on the record as not being a Brackpool fan.

Bo is a nice person, they are trying to find a way for her to contribute more. she does need some help on this issue.

I know that there are at least two who feel that way about Brackpool... when he goes, California racing will have a victory.

rw
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-16-2011, 02:03 PM   #6
takeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwupl
I know that there are at least two who feel that way about Brackpool...
Make it three.
takeout is offline   Reply With Quote Reply