Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #31
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'd take my chances since I happen to think I'm one of that group.
I guess it's true, what they say...

It's hard to be modest when you are THAT good!
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #32
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
I guess it's true, what they say...

It's hard to be modest when you are THAT good!
I figured that would sound bad, but in all seriousness, why bother putting all the time and effort in that I do if I didn't trust in myself?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 09:38 PM   #33
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I figured that would sound bad, but in all seriousness, why bother putting all the time and effort in that I do if I didn't trust in myself?
It doesn't sound bad at all...I was only kidding.

Show me a gambler with no self-confidence...and I'll show you a sure loser!
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 10:26 PM   #34
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I haven't been able to take your posts seriously since you made a hamburger as your avatar.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 10:40 PM   #35
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus
I haven't been able to take your posts seriously since you made a hamburger as your avatar.
And NOBODY here will EVER take you seriously again after discussing Z's STUD fee...ROFLMAO
sammy the sage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2010, 10:58 PM   #36
Cardus
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy the sage
And NOBODY here will EVER take you seriously again after discussing Z's STUD fee...ROFLMAO
Dear ROFLMAO,

What can I say? You got me on that one.
Cardus is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 08:10 AM   #37
pandy

No Excuse

I don't like making excuses for horses. Blame is a very good horse who could possibly prove to be a great horse if they continued racing him. But I think if Sheriffs had to do it all over again he'd ship in earlier and trainer Z over the CD track to see how she handles it and whether or not some adjustments can be made. A lot of horses have trouble handling the Churchill surface, which is known to be cuppy. But, Sheriffs did a great job with the horse and this is all easy to say after the fact.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 08:54 AM   #38
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
I don't like making excuses for horses. Blame is a very good horse who could possibly prove to be a great horse if they continued racing him. But I think if Sheriffs had to do it all over again he'd ship in earlier and trainer Z over the CD track to see how she handles it and whether or not some adjustments can be made. A lot of horses have trouble handling the Churchill surface, which is known to be cuppy. But, Sheriffs did a great job with the horse and this is all easy to say after the fact.
i totally agree.

john sherriffs did as good a job with ZENYATTA as i have ever seen a trainer do with any horse before her. the man never panicked once with her. often times surface changes do effect horses. when it all came down to it BLAME had first run and used it to his advantage, the mare had to pass 11 horses and fell short by one.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #39
ihatenyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
I have no rooting interest for Quality Road. I bet against him in the race because the pace scenario was stacked against him. Different race dynamics, and all those a$$ dragging closers would never catch him.
I had to laugh at this one. It was certainly a lively pace but 47 flat should be well within the scope for a horse like quality road or G1 front runners, even if it's under pressure.

And besides one of those "dragging a$$ closers" ran him down at 9 furlongs with a much slower pace or a "walk in the park" for Quality Road as Durkin so eloquently put it.

There's no pace scenario that would have resulted in Quality Road even hitting the board saturday, let alone winning the race
ihatenyra is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 09:34 AM   #40
ArlJim78

If it were a match race between Quality Road and Zenyatta at 10 furlongs I wouldn't bet on Quality Road.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 09:35 AM   #41
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
It doesn't sound bad at all...I was only kidding.

Show me a gambler with no self-confidence...and I'll show you a sure loser!
For the record, I would never make her 9 to 1 as the other guy implied. I did say one or two times for one, and second, I wouldn't have to make her that high to attract plenty of money.
Old 11-12-2010, 10:51 AM   #42
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenyra
I had to laugh at this one. It was certainly a lively pace but 47 flat should be well within the scope for a horse like quality road or G1 front runners, even if it's under pressure.

And besides one of those "dragging a$$ closers" ran him down at 9 furlongs with a much slower pace or a "walk in the park" for Quality Road as Durkin so eloquently put it.

There's no pace scenario that would have resulted in Quality Road even hitting the board saturday, let alone winning the race
You sound like someone who has watched one too many synthetic races. Yes, on real dirt pace DOES matter.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 10:56 AM   #43
andymays
Veteran

Quality Road is a nice horse. He just couldnt run in the spot he ended up in. If he had drawn outside the speed he would have run much better.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #44
ihatenyra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valuist
You sound like someone who has watched one too many synthetic races. Yes, on real dirt pace DOES matter.
Is that what I said that pace does not matter? Had they run a 46 half your opinion might sound a little less ridiculous. Face it if Quality Road got a 48 uncontested lead in that race he was still not earning any money. Talented G1 horses who face tough paces do not collapse and finish last, getting easily passed in the stretch by every horse. See Medaglia D'oro and Congaree in the 2003 edition for some perspective (which you obviously need)

And by the way did I miss something, was the whitney run on synthetic? Because Quality Road got away with a slow pace and still got run down at shorter distance.
ihatenyra is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #45
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatenyra
Is that what I said that pace does not matter? Had they run a 46 half your opinion might sound a little less ridiculous. Face it if Quality Road got a 48 uncontested lead in that race he was still not earning any money. Talented G1 horses who face tough paces do not collapse and finish last, getting easily passed in the stretch by every horse. See Medaglia D'oro and Congaree in the 2003 edition for some perspective (which you obviously need)

And by the way did I miss something, was the whitney run on synthetic? Because Quality Road got away with a slow pace and still got run down at shorter distance.
I would agree, he was clearly way off form. Pletcher was very hit or miss with his horses. They were great, or they were horrible.