Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 8 votes, 2.00 average.
Old 02-05-2017, 11:29 PM   #481
Secondbest

Deion Sanders on NFL Network " those of us in the know we know he's (Brady) the best ever".
Tough to argue with.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2017, 04:37 PM   #482
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Yes, but the point is without Brady the Hoodie wasn't even good, let alone great. I'm not sure why you guys give him the bulk of the credit.

Honest question here, don't you guys think the backups getting tutelage from Brady certainly helped the cause? It isn't like when he can't play he goes to Cancun. I think that definitely plays a part in it.

People are trying to be too clever here. The accomplishments matter most. There have been many other fabulous coaches over the years that had great QBs. None have come close to this sustained level of success. Brady is the GOAT. He turns nobodies, never weres, and has beens into stars. He does it with his throws more than any system. I've never seen a system throw a football.
I wasn't trying to overcredit Belichek. Actually, the opposite. How much of Belichek is the fact he's had Brady for all these years?
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2017, 04:52 PM   #483
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy
Great comeback by Brady, but the defense and his offensive line deserve a lot of credit, too. Brady has had a lot of games like that where he wasn't sharp in the first half but got hot when it counted. Excellent.
I'm not sure how much of the game you saw, but Brady was getting killed for a good portion of that game. The line was not playing well at all.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2017, 05:00 PM   #484
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I'm not sure how much of the game you saw, but Brady was getting killed for a good portion of that game. The line was not playing well at all.
In the 4th quarter Atlanta resorted to a poorly coached, no knowledge of time left on the game clock team. How many times did Ryan take a snap with 15 ticks left on the play clock? Third and 1 run the football don't let the opposition turn you over. This has to go hand in hand with the Seattle 2015 Superbowl loss where Lynch never touched the ball 1st and goal on the 1/2 yard line.
Old 02-06-2017, 05:14 PM   #485
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
In the 4th quarter Atlanta resorted to a poorly coached, no knowledge of time left on the game clock team. How many times did Ryan take a snap with 15 ticks left on the play clock? Third and 1 run the football don't let the opposition turn you over. This has to go hand in hand with the Seattle 2015 Superbowl loss where Lynch never touched the ball 1st and goal on the 1/2 yard line.
Don't get me wrong, the Atlanta coaches blew the game. As I put on Twitter, any decent Madden player could have took over coaching that game and known how to make it virtually impossible to let the Patriots have a chance. That said, Brady still had to actually make the plays.

Personally I think James White was MVP of the game.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-06-2017, 05:29 PM   #486
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
I think this thread is over.
I agree 100%.....Case closed, and the thread as well.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply