Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-26-2020, 04:31 PM   #76
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Read the Bible sometime then you wont make stupid and ignorant statements. Here's a hint:

Because God is omnipresent, you and I are never alone. Jesus Christ promises to be with us always and everywhere (Matthew 28:18-20). The Holy Spirit indwells everyone who is a true Christian (Romans 8:9).
Well, that leaves you out. As I have repeatedly said, a true born again believer is a person who BELIEVES God's truth ...and per JESUS, God's Word and his Word alone is truth. God justifies only those who BELIEVE him. What is so difficult to understand about this? Mere "belief in God or Jesus" doesn't cut it. See Gen 15:6; Rom 4:3, Gal 3:6-8; Jas 2:23, etc. And by the way...if you aint' justified by God, you're screwed big time...and for a very, very, very, very long time.

And God's omnipresence doesn't have a thing to do with his special work of indwelling his elect. Proof of this can be seen also with Jesus' teaching about when the apostles would be indwelt -- which didn't happen until Pentecost.

Quote:
You refuse to understand what I wrote and instead re interject your warped beliefs of what I believe about Trump.

Funny how despite all that you condemn with the Bible you do not condemn your Fuhrer doing the same thing you condemn others for. That's why you are not a true Christian and a hypocrite.

You have no proof it is not in me.
And what have I condemned with the bible?

And with what do you condemn Trump: Your personal, subjective Moral Relativism? Shirely, you're not going to tell us that you believe objective, absolute truth exists, are you?

Yes, I do. Those who are born again and have the Spirit of God believe God. You believe in NDEs and your personal and subjective feelings and experiences. These things are the true objects of your faith. These are what you trust in. Certainly not God. Certainly not Jesus.

People are given NDE experiences by God for a reason. They are not mere "statistics".

Quote:
And I don't need an NDE to experience God. In meditation I can connect with God's love and almost become one with his love. I am God and he is me.
But how can you not earnestly desire the quintessential, out-of-this-world experience? You're not scared to make it happen, are you?

If I believed for a nanosecond that you are divine, I would quit the faith. By the way, king Nebuchadnezzar thought he was divine, too, and that didn't turn out so swell for him. Just sayin'....

Quote:
I don't need anyone to tell me to artificially love God. I love God because I actually have a love relationship with him in my heart in the here and now as it will be in the afterlife.
What is artificial love and what is real love?

Those who love God (Jesus) will obey him...per your "best friend". But you do not submit yourself to the authority of God's Word. Scripture is beneath you. The only things you exalt and put on a pedestal are your personal, subjective feelings and experiences. These are your spiritual guides.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:58 PM   #77
elysiantraveller

Still winning!

2 Bush Judges with the Trump appointee with the opinion...

Do you people still honestly think Trump won?
Old 11-27-2020, 02:42 PM   #78
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Mere "belief in God or Jesus" doesn't cut it.
That's what I'm telling you. I don't "believe" like you do. You can believe anything. I KNOW from direct experience.

Quote:
And God's omnipresence doesn't have a thing to do with his special work of indwelling his elect.
That statement is not only wrong but it is discriminatory. There is no "elect" with a God who loves all.

Quote:
And with what do you condemn Trump:
John 4:20-21
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

That applies to Trump and you and all your right wing friends who want to behead people (Bannon) or send them to hell (you).

Quote:
You believe in NDEs and your personal and subjective feelings and experiences. These things are the true objects of your faith. These are what you trust in. Certainly not God. Certainly not Jesus.
Because I believe in Nde's does not mean that I do not know God or Jesus. My condolences to your inability to multitask.

Quote:
If I believed for a nanosecond that you are divine, I would quit the faith.
You are unconscious of who you are, that's why you cannot see the Divine within you and around you.

Quote:
What is artificial love and what is real love?
Artificial love is the b.s. love that you pretend to have for God but is actively for your own ego by which you fool yourself (for your own insecurities) into thinking you are going to Heaven and everyone else who doesn't believe in what you say are going to Hell.

Real love cannot be explained, and is only known through the heart, not the intellect. And like the John quote above would never tell others they are going to hell.

Just from that it becomes so obvious that you are a fraud.

Quote:
But you do not submit yourself to the authority of God's Word.
That's right, I don't need "authority" or "fear" to force me to love God. Nor does God.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-27-2020, 09:47 PM   #79
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
That's what I'm telling you. I don't "believe" like you do. You can believe anything. I KNOW from direct experience.
Your personal, subjective experiences mean nothing as they are unverifiable.

Quote:
That statement is not only wrong but it is discriminatory. There is no "elect" with a God who loves all.
Who told you that God "loves all"? There's no way you can personally know this on the basis of subjective feelings or experiences. Howver, the objective truth claims of the bible contrdict your belief.

Furthermore, the doctrine of Unconditional Election is everywhere in the bible. God chose Noah and his family through whom to save the human race. God sovereignly chose Abraham to start a new nation, thrrough which the Messsiah would come to save the world (i.e. Jews and Gentiles). God chose David to enter into a covenant which promised that the Messiah would descend from David's family line. Jesus chose his 12 apostles; they did not choose him. Jesus sovereignly chose Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles. Paul did not chose Christ.

Jesus himself spoke of his elect in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 several times in both chapters. Paul also speaks of God's elect in Rom 11:7; Tit 1:1; 1Tim 5:21; 2Tim 2:10; 1Oet 1:1. Furthermore, Paul in Romans 9 gives the two OT quintessential examples of election in the OT when God chose to extend the Abrahamic covenant promises only to Issac and not Ishmael, and only to Jacob and not Esau, whom God hated.

And, yes, God can most assuredly "disriminate" upon whom he sovereignly chooses to bestow his saving grace, since no one deserves His grace, which by definition is unmerited favor. If God were obligated to bestow grace, then it could no longer be called grace -- but rather wages due based on merit.

Quote:
John 4:20-21
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen. And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.

That applies to Trump and you and all your right wing friends who want to behead people (Bannon) or send them to hell (you).
And who gets to define "love" and "hate"? You? go ahead. Go for it. Define both for us.

Quote:
Because I believe in Nde's does not mean that I do not know God or Jesus. My condolences to your inability to multitask.
If you truly knew God, you would love him. And if you loved him, you would obey him. You would submit to the lordship of Christ the King. Hear what your "best friend" had to say:

John 14:21
21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
NIV

And,

John 14:23-24
23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me , he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
NIV

So much for "unconditional" love.

You have even admitted that you're anarchist -- that you do not need to submit to the lordship to Christ the King and to his authority. Your [spiritual] father is from below, being the Man of Lawlessness. You see...your own words condemn you! I do not condemn you; but your own words do! What part of the two texts above don't you understand?

Quote:
That's right, I don't need "authority" or "fear" to force me to love God. Nor does God.
Not only are you wrong about man's moral duty and responsibility before God, but your remarks above tell me you don't understand the first thing about God's salvation! Not the first thing! Jesus fully submitted to his father's authority always, at all times -- for Jesus was "born under the Law" and kept that law perfectly. Jesus came to do his father's will; therefore, he came as a lowly, humble, meek servant of his father. So, yes, God required the perfect obedience of His Son -- his total submission to his Father's authority. The fact that you entirely dismiss God's authority plainly reveals to all who can see that you are NOT a lover of Christ or his disciple. You are nothing but a proud, defiant, arrogant, rebellious, willful sinner who does what is right in your own eyes and marches to your own drum beat -- and screw what the Word of God says (well...except for Lk 17:21, of course).

And by the way, true believers never think or feel that they're being "forced" to love God or obey him, for that matter. Because of his precious gift of the Holy Spirit within us, we Christians joyfully and willingly submit ourselves to the lordship of our King who died on our behalf. It's the very least we could do! It's our way of expressing our love and gratitude to Him. In fact, the love of God by the Spirit within us constrains us to obey! This love of God itself is a pure act of grace! Listen to this New Covenant promise:

Jer 31:31-33
31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,"
declares the LORD.
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.

"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

NIV

The fact that God writes his holy law upon the minds and hearts of his elect guarantees that his chosen people will truly walk circumspectly before him, although never perfectly in this age. But a believer's life is characterized by joyful and willing obedience.

Since you are very obviously a total stranger to such an ongoing biblical experience, you cannot possibly be a child of God. The fact that you believe you are only affirms what Jeremiah taught about the condition of man's wicked heart:

Jer 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

NIV

You are just like the Christ-hating, self-deceived Pharisees of Jesus' day, when He told them essentially to paraphrase "If you confessed to your blindness, you would not be guilty of sin; but because you claim you can see, your guilt remains. (Jn 9:41).

Last edited by boxcar; 11-27-2020 at 09:50 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2020, 02:52 AM   #80
hcap

Quote:
Your personal, subjective experiences mean nothing as they are unverifiable.

Who told you that God "loves all"? There's no way you can personally know this on the basis of subjective feelings or experiences. Howver, the objective truth claims of the bible contrdict your belief.

Furthermore, the doctrine of Unconditional Election is everywhere in the bible. God chose Noah and his family through whom to save the human race. God sovereignly chose Abraham to start a new nation, thrrough which the Messsiah would come to save the world (i.e. Jews and Gentiles). God chose David to enter into a covenant which promised that the Messiah would descend from David's family line. Jesus chose his 12 apostles; they did not choose him. Jesus sovereignly chose Paul to be the apostle to the Gentiles. Paul did not chose Christ.

Jesus himself spoke of his elect in Matthew 24 and Mark 13 several times in both chapters. Paul also speaks of God's elect in Rom 11:7; Tit 1:1; 1Tim 5:21; 2Tim 2:10; 1Oet 1:1. Furthermore, Paul in Romans 9 gives the two OT quintessential examples of election in the OT when God chose to extend the Abrahamic covenant promises only to Issac and not Ishmael, and only to Jacob and not Esau, whom God hated.

And, yes, God can most assuredly "disriminate" upon whom he sovereignly chooses to bestow his saving grace, since no one deserves His grace, which by definition is unmerited favor. If God were obligated to bestow grace, then it could no longer be called grace -- but rather wages due based on merit.

And who gets to define "love" and "hate"? You? go ahead. Go for it. Define both for us.

If you truly knew God, you would love him. And if you loved him, you would obey him. You would submit to the lordship of Christ the King. Hear what your "best friend" had to say:

John 14:21
21 Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him."
NIV

And,

John 14:23-24
23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me , he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him. 24 He who does not love me will not obey my teaching. These words you hear are not my own; they belong to the Father who sent me.
NIV

So much for "unconditional" love.

You have even admitted that you're anarchist -- that you do not need to submit to the lordship to Christ the King and to his authority. Your [spiritual] father is from below, being the Man of Lawlessness. You see...your own words condemn you! I do not condemn you; but your own words do! What part of the two texts above don't you understand?

Not only are you wrong about man's moral duty and responsibility before God, but your remarks above tell me you don't understand the first thing about God's salvation! Not the first thing! Jesus fully submitted to his father's authority always, at all times -- for Jesus was "born under the Law" and kept that law perfectly. Jesus came to do his father's will; therefore, he came as a lowly, humble, meek servant of his father. So, yes, God required the perfect obedience of His Son -- his total submission to his Father's authority. The fact that you entirely dismiss God's authority plainly reveals to all who can see that you are NOT a lover of Christ or his disciple. You are nothing but a proud, defiant, arrogant, rebellious, willful sinner who does what is right in your own eyes and marches to your own drum beat -- and screw what the Word of God says (well...except for Lk 17:21, of course).

And by the way, true believers never think or feel that they're being "forced" to love God or obey him, for that matter. Because of his precious gift of the Holy Spirit within us, we Christians joyfully and willingly submit ourselves to the lordship of our King who died on our behalf. It's the very least we could do! It's our way of expressing our love and gratitude to Him. In fact, the love of God by the Spirit within us constrains us to obey! This love of God itself is a pure act of grace! Listen to this New Covenant promise:

Jer 31:31-33
31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
"when I will make a new covenant
with the house of Israel
and with the house of Judah.
32 It will not be like the covenant
I made with their forefathers
when I took them by the hand
to lead them out of Egypt,
because they broke my covenant,
though I was a husband to them,"
declares the LORD.
33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
after that time," declares the LORD.

"I will put my law in their minds
and write it on their hearts.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people.

NIV

The fact that God writes his holy law upon the minds and hearts of his elect guarantees that his chosen people will truly walk circumspectly before him, although never perfectly in this age. But a believer's life is characterized by joyful and willing obedience.

Since you are very obviously a total stranger to such an ongoing biblical experience, you cannot possibly be a child of God. The fact that you believe you are only affirms what Jeremiah taught about the condition of man's wicked heart:

Jer 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things
and beyond cure.
Who can understand it?

NIV

You are just like the Christ-hating, self-deceived Pharisees of Jesus' day, when He told them essentially to paraphrase "If you confessed to your blindness, you would not be guilty of sin; but because you claim you can see, your guilt remains. (Jn 9:41).
And you wonder why you destroyed all the religious threads?
Old 11-28-2020, 09:16 AM   #81
JustRalph
Just another Facist

It is still up in the air in PA.

2nd judge just stopped certification and the legal argument looks pretty good.

https://legalinsurrection.com/wp-con...11-27-2020.pdf

“ The Court agrees it would be untenable for the legislature to appoint the electors where an election has already occurred, if the majority of voters who did not vote by mail entered their votes in accord with a constitutionally recognized method, as such action would result in the disenfranchisement of every voter in the Commonwealth who voted in this election – not only those whose ballots are being challenged due to the constitutionality of Act 77. However, this is not the only equitable remedy available in a matter which hinges upon upholding a most basic constitutional right of the people to a fair and free election. Hence, Respondents have not established that greater harm will result in providing emergency relief, than the harm suffered by the public due to the results of a purportedly unconstitutional election.”

Last edited by JustRalph; 11-28-2020 at 09:22 AM.
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2020, 09:23 AM   #82
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
And you wonder why you destroyed all the religious threads?
If your mind is not too shot, memorize Jer 17:9, and chant it often during the day. Meditate on it, too. Especially, the part that says, "and beyond cure". If man cannot cure his own terminally diseased heart, then what hope is there for any of us, apart from God who is greater than our wicked hearts (1Jn 3:20) and with whom nothing is impossible (Lk 1:37)?
Old 11-28-2020, 09:35 AM   #83
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I like it.........

Old 11-28-2020, 09:38 AM   #84
hcap

Quote:
If your mind is not too shot, memorize Jer 17:9, and chant it often during the day. Meditate on it, too. Especially, the part that says, "and beyond cure". If man cannot cure his own terminally diseased heart, then what hope is there for any of us, apart from God who is greater than our wicked hearts (1Jn 3:20) and with whom nothing is impossible (Lk 1:37)?
Why aren't you posting your hyperbole and hyperventillatiions on the religious thread?

Could it be no one pays any attention to you there, and you are trying to leave this board with a bang, not a whimper? As I have been telling you for years, religion and politics don't mix.

In fact you pathetically lost our wager doing just that.

Toot-a-loo!!!!

Last edited by hcap; 11-28-2020 at 09:41 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2020, 09:39 AM   #85
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Arizona getting in on the act

Old 11-28-2020, 09:42 AM   #86
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Trending

Attached Images
File Type: jpeg ED64B4E4-EDF0-452C-A3EC-216438753A59.jpeg (166.2 KB, 8 views)
Old 11-28-2020, 09:50 AM   #87
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
I find your wholesale sellout quite amusing.
Old 11-28-2020, 10:53 AM   #88
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Why aren't you posting your hyperbole and hyperventillatiions on the religious thread?

Could it be no one pays any attention to you there, and you are trying to leave this board with a bang, not a whimper? As I have been telling you for years, religion and politics don't mix.

In fact you pathetically lost our wager doing just that.

Toot-a-loo!!!!
Why don't you mask up and crawl back under your pet rock?
Old 11-28-2020, 10:54 AM   #89
46zilzal
velocitician

Mitigation YES, staying my distance YES, staying IN as much as possible (regrettably yes).

Tested negative twice
Old 11-28-2020, 12:23 PM   #90
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
Mitigation YES, staying my distance YES, staying IN as much as possible (regrettably yes).

Tested negative twice
Been out and about from the very beginning, not concerned about wearing face diapers or social distancing and I feel great, never being tested. Neither do I plan on being tested. Neither do I plan on taking any vaccine.

According to the CDC, the odds are in my favor.