Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:06 PM   #61
tanner12oz

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
All sold out except for ga

Wow

Allan
these won't last long either not that everything else is gone
tanner12oz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 07:01 PM   #62
FlyinLate

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99
3E-L tickets are listed for 2.5k a piece on stubhub.

They can't be serious, can they?

Allan
I significantly doubt it. Our group was able to get some grandstand seats in section F. This type of thing tends to happen with these events. The scalpers throw them out there at ridiculous numbers in case anyone is dumb enough to pull the trigger. As things settle down, and the event draws near, I would expect grandstand seats to go for about $800-1000 a piece. Just my best guess, but if I got shut out, I'd be patiently waiting before thinking twice about paying that ridiculous price.
FlyinLate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 07:15 PM   #63
Grits

http://www.breederscup.com/article/s...-ticket-sales?

How are 77K on site racegoers going to get their bets in? This is hard to fathom. Hopefully, half of the state of Kentucky needs a part time (or 2 day) job. SMH..but maybe it is just my thinking...how?

Quote:
“Total ticketing for the 2015 Breeders’ Cup is projected at 77,000 for the two days (tickets for The Hill & The Meadow are per car, and allow access of all occupants of the car, so the estimated attendance is 42,000-45,000 each day). After today’s public sales, we have sold 60,000 of those tickets, and have approximately 17,000 available.”
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 08:28 PM   #64
Grits

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...e-in-futility/

This is such a mess. How do you create fans, or even keep the ones you have, like this? This is pure depressing. Can't Breeders' Cup do any damn thing right?

I didn't want or plan to go to BC at Keeneland. Choosing instead to wager elsewhere or at home, still I feel for those who are going, and those who wanted to go. ... Again, all is about greed.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #65
uncbossfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grits

How are 77K on site racegoers going to get their bets in? This is hard to fathom. Hopefully, half of the state of Kentucky needs a part time (or 2 day) job. SMH..but maybe it is just my thinking...how?
There will be less people at the Breeders Cup than they had on Bluegrass day 2012.
uncbossfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2015, 08:48 PM   #66
tanner12oz

Quote:

This is such a mess. How do you create fans, or even keep the ones you have, like this? This is pure depressing. Can't Breeders' Cup do any damn thing right?

I didn't want or plan to go to BC at Keeneland. Choosing instead to wager elsewhere or at home, still I feel for those who are going, and those who wanted to go. ... Again, all is about greed.
to be expected...hot tickets are a challenge...alot of people are getting in and GA tix were still around as of late afternoon. There's only so many reserved seats. Demand exceeds quantity..nothing can be done.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:52 PM   #67
tanner12oz

Quote:

77k over 2 days...

the 40k for each day will be spread out over the expansive acreage...not saying it not be crowded but they ate trying to spread the crowd out. The 40k spread out might feel better then your typical bluegrass day where everyone is inside and people have alot of access
Old 03-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #68
Copyroomjim

I think you'll find the "84" tickets are at the top of the turn for home. Keeneland's "Clubhouse" is at the 3/16-1/8 pole area rather than past the finish line like every other racetrack. Thus the "Clubhouse turn" is the turn for home.
Copyroomjim is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2015, 07:47 AM   #69
Grits

Tanner12, I'm not new to any of this...not the crowds, or the demands of big racing days. Have gone to the Belmont Stakes for 15 years, to Saratoga in August--the same. Used to live just off Man O War Blvd, a mile down the road from Keeneland. I know the acreage there pretty well.

In other words, when you made your first bet on Smarty Jones, I'd been betting and watching races a long time. Supply and demand is something I get.
Old 03-05-2015, 09:51 AM   #70
wisconsin

Quote:
For several years, having bought seats for the meets, Keeneland is small, so there are no really bad areas in the grandstand, center seats are better than others. The greater concern? The section that your seats are located in. Not the Row #. The row doesn't matter except in making your way to the windows, the higher the better. You still have a good view, regardless how high or how low in the grandstand you're seated.

Keeneland faces the southwest afternoon sun, so wear sunglasses and take good binoculars for better viewing of backside. Jumbotron doesn't always cut it. Big or not.

http://www.keeneland.com/sites/all/t...0Map-F2013.pdf
I know this won't apply to Breeder's Cup weekend, but I don't ever buy seats at Keeneland. We get a free table upstairs and walk out to watch the live races from the top of the grandstand.
Old 03-05-2015, 12:49 PM   #71
Fingal

Reading the commentary on Paulick's web site about his experience to see how the process would work was pretty much predictable. Of course he gets media credentials, but he tried the process the public would go through just out of curiosity-

Below there was one comment that summed it up pretty good. Makes you wonder how another small facility like Del Mar will work out regarding tickets.

Quote:
This is exactly what the élite owners and breeders wanted -- a Breeders' Cup where they would mingle only with people like themselves. Private tents, clubhouse, restaurants, bars and restrooms apparently weren't enough to keep out what you call the great unwashed masses. To enable other people of their social class and their hangers-on to enjoy their private day at the races, they banished the "others" to venues without a view of the racetrack, where they could have a "social" racing experience with other people just like them. You know, the people who drink beer and eat hot dogs and who think a $5 bet on each race is a big deal. And the sport wonders why it's dying.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2015, 01:43 PM   #72
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Lexington Room is a great option, Wisky..

Grits is spot on by the way. 40K on Bluegrass 2014, and the place was brimming around the 5th race; which was when we made our last bets and bolted. What's crazy was the cars still lined up to get in the place at the first Versailles Rd entrance where Man O' War Blvd ends.

I'd love to attend the 1st BC at Keeneland, but, our plans are to bet from the satellite while tailgating at Commonwealth Stadium for the UK/UT game..

Just go EARLY, plan on staying late, and by all means, enjoy your time here in Lexington.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2015, 03:43 PM   #73
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall One
Lexington Room is a great option, Wisky..

Grits is spot on by the way. 40K on Bluegrass 2014, and the place was brimming around the 5th race; which was when we made our last bets and bolted. What's crazy was the cars still lined up to get in the place at the first Versailles Rd entrance where Man O' War Blvd ends.

I'd love to attend the 1st BC at Keeneland, but, our plans are to bet from the satellite while tailgating at Commonwealth Stadium for the UK/UT game..

Just go EARLY, plan on staying late, and by all means, enjoy your time here in Lexington.
T.O. its what? About a 14 to 16 mile bus ride from the Kentucky Horse Park, (where parking is designated for patrons) way out on I-75 N. Can you imagine how far traffic is going to be backed up on Georgetown Pike, then the crawl on New Circle, and the exit onto Versailles.

For those with tickets, plan to be at your bus stop before dawn. I read they're providing samiches and $18 Bloody Marys (Grey Goose is steep) on the bus in the event of traffic snarl.

After Friday's races, return to your hotel at midnight, and do your handicapping for Saturday. Then get up and be at the bus, again, before light. Drunk on Breeders' Cup fun!

Those Stub Hub $1,000 or $2,000 seats? I'd rather take my money and jet to Paris for the Arc, gentlemen. I know I shouldn't laugh, but I can't help it. I'm one to talk, I sit in traffic leaving Belmont every year.
Old 03-05-2015, 03:56 PM   #74
CosmicWon

I'm looking to go to the football game as well rather than the races. I was at Kee when it set the attendance record (Showing Up's Lexington) and it was a total uncomfortable gong show. And we had actual seats! Too darn crowded, messy atmosphere, saw a girl fight on the second floor (actual throwing 'bows), and people puking on the way back to their cars. It frankly was disgusting and a rather tacky scene.

Based on the cluster muck with the tix yesterday, there's no way I can trust them to put on the event smoothly, especially at a new and unfamiliar venue, given the extraordinary prices.

I'll get a media credential to do my job during that week and call it a day on Fri and Sat. The more I have to pay for tickets, the less I can, you know, actually wager on their races.

More than anything though, the elitist attitude over this whole eventis a real turn-off. I'll go hang out with my uncouth and bowtie/fedora eschewing friends over at Commonwealth thank you very much.

PS it's probably bad business to keep telling your customers how slovenly you think they are all the time. If anyone at BC is reading this, please, enough with the "fashion" advice. As if they're ones to talk anyway--I've seen plenty of Vineyard Vines ties and madras khakis over the years and heads up they aren't all that.
CosmicWon is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-05-2015, 04:46 PM   #75
tanner12oz

Quote:
Tanner12, I'm not new to any of this...not the crowds, or the demands of big racing days. Have gone to the Belmont Stakes for 15 years, to Saratoga in August--the same. Used to live just off Man O War Blvd, a mile down the road from Keeneland. I know the acreage there pretty well.

In other words, when you made your first bet on Smarty Jones, I'd been betting and watching races a long time. Supply and demand is something I get.
I'm hearing the attendance cap is going to be lower then your typical bluegrass day. This lower number is then going to be spread over a larger swath of real estate then bluegrass day because of the new seating options. I'm sorry but people can yell the sky is falling all they want but I'm not seeing the catastrophe that everyone else is predicting.

I've done the Belmont, I've done toga in August, have done the preakness for 10 plus years, bluegrasses...so lets not get ahead of ourselves cuz some of us younger bucks have put the work in :-)