Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:20 AM   #1
Heisenberg

Still alive in TS Showdown

Hey guys, new member here but long time reader and horse racing fan.

So here I am, I'm one of the 12 left in the Twin Spires Showdown. I dodged a lot of bullets to get here, and I'm trying to dodge 1 last one at Churchill for a piece of the $1,000,000.

I've been on Dortmund all year and watched him run twice in person at Santa Anita, beautiful horse that big guy is. But still not 100% on him as my final pick.

I'd love to hear some opinions from you guys if you had to pick 1 horse to simply hit the board in the Derby for a probable six figure score, who would you take?

Learned a lot on this board by the way throughout the preps. Thank-you

Last edited by Heisenberg; 04-16-2015 at 02:23 AM.
Heisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 03:05 AM   #2
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg

So here I am, I'm one of the 12 left in the Twin Spires Showdown. I dodged a lot of bullets to get here, and I'm trying to dodge 1 last one at Churchill for a piece of the $1,000,000.

I've been on Dortmund all year and watched him run twice in person at Santa Anita, beautiful horse that big guy is. But still not 100% on him as my final pick.

I'd love to hear some opinions from you guys if you had to pick 1 horse to simply hit the board in the Derby for a probable six figure score, who would you take?

Damn, just read up on it, and didn't even know it was available. Serious congrats.

What are the final rules? I'm sure that would help a bunch of people you are asking for advice, because I doubt SHOW brings it home now.

Last edited by Lemon Drop Husker; 04-16-2015 at 03:07 AM.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 03:32 AM   #3
Heisenberg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
Damn, just read up on it, and didn't even know it was available. Serious congrats.

What are the final rules? I'm sure that would help a bunch of people you are asking for advice, because I doubt SHOW brings it home now.
Actually yea, a show bet does bring it home. So for the 12 of us left, we've all bet a $20 show bet in the last 19 prep races to move on each race and won those bets. I think the contest started with 1500+ players.

There is $1,000,000 total on the line, and remarkably for the first time in the history of the contest there is not only 1 player left, but 12 of us. Nobody has ever made it this far or won before.

http://www.twinspires.com/1-million-...derby-showdown

The total potential guaranteed prize pool is $1,000,000, so it probably will be shared amongst a few of us if everyone bets chalk and chalk comes in. But you have to bet a show bet and have that show bet come through in the Derby to get a piece of the million in the final race of the contest.

Last edited by Heisenberg; 04-16-2015 at 03:46 AM.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:39 AM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:

congratulations on your success up till now. i wonder how long before the race that you have to have your pick in. if i had to pick a horse now i would probably go with your pick or the Pletcher horse that won the Florida Derby. but would not want to be stuck with either one of them before i see their final work, and most important how they look in the paddock and on the track

lots of luck, i will be rooting for you
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #5
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

If you've won 19 show bets in a row, why ask us? Nice performance!

By the way, I like your pick! But, he is a big one, and that can cause problems with a 20 horse field unless he somehow finds some clean running room not too far outside.

Good luck!!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 07:16 AM   #6
Capper Al

Quote:

Congrats!

"The Law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich, as well as the poor, to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Anatole France

Capper Al is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 09:52 AM   #7
nads1420
Veteran

good luck man!!! any why ask us id rather ask you who you like...
nads1420 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #8
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

This is awesome...congrats! I assume you have until the pools close to make your $20 Derby show bet...nerve wracking, considering there have been times in the past where it's been difficult to get a bet in on Derby day on some of these ADWs...they tend to have technical difficulties at the worst possible time on big days...so if I were you, I'd probably be looking to get my bet in on the early side of things...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 11:17 AM   #9
SecretAgentMan

The last thing you want from any of us is a losing horse.....just keep picking the horses as you have been, you're at this point by yourself? Or is someone helping you along?
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 11:19 AM   #10
Heisenberg

Thanks guys, I have until race time to get my pick in on TS. I'm thinking the workout figures and draw will weigh heavy into the final decision. Either way it will be the biggest sweat of my life!
Old 04-16-2015, 11:45 AM   #11
ArlJim78

If it were me I'd go with either American Pharoah or Frosted, but then again I've never picked 19 show bets in a row before. Best of Luck.
ArlJim78 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 12:01 PM   #12
Stoleitbreezing

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
If it were me I'd go with either American Pharoah or Frosted, but then again I've never picked 19 show bets in a row before. Best of Luck.
I would pick AP, Frosted or International Star. Good luck though. Usually your first thought is the correct one.
Stoleitbreezing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 12:03 PM   #13
BlueChip@DRF
Random Numbers Generator

Location: In the grandstand looking under the seats for tickets or food
I hope you parlayed those Show bets.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:12 PM   #14
minethatbird08

You are doing great on your own, just keep it rolling.
minethatbird08 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #15
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

Quote:
Thanks guys, I have until race time to get my pick in on TS. I'm thinking the workout figures and draw will weigh heavy into the final decision. Either way it will be the biggest sweat of my life!
Do what you are doing.

Take any information from us clowns as just that "information", cause you are obviously "in" it right now and doing something right.

Shut everybody out, and pull the trigger on what you know and has worked thus far.

I'm rooting for you man.
Lemon Drop Husker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply