Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 06-01-2017, 12:30 PM   #2431
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Hey...according to some environmental whackos, a deepfreeze in hell isn't far away, so you may not have a long wait at all.

Stay patient...
You'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath?
Old 06-01-2017, 01:08 PM   #2432
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
Does anyone here seriously think boxcar has an answer to my question?
This is a repeated pattern in his PP's.

Another game he plays of not answering a question besides ignoring the question completely is he doesn't answer the question you ask him but changes the subject as if you were asking about something else like a politician's avoidance of a direct answer.

Or if he can't answer the question, he requires you to answer his question first hoping your question will fade from memory.

Also he doesn't follow the teachings of Jesus but of his ego.

His Ego is his God. Everyone knows that in order to experience God, one must give up their Ego. One cannot serve two masters. It's clear which master he serves and which he pretends to serve.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:46 PM   #2433
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
Another game he plays of not answering a question besides ignoring the question completely is he doesn't answer the question you ask him but changes the subject as if you were asking about something else like a politician's avoidance of a direct answer.
A.K.A. the Red Herring.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:20 PM   #2434
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
You'll forgive me if I don't hold my breath?
Of course, I'll forgive you...but really...you're not showing very much confidence in all your fellow scientists who have predicted doom and gloom in the foreseeable future, which I have to think would include hell freezing over.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #2435
boxcar

Quote:
This is a repeated pattern in his PP's.

Or if he can't answer the question, he requires you to answer his question first hoping your question will fade from memory.

Also he doesn't follow the teachings of Jesus but of his ego.

His Ego is his God. Everyone knows that in order to experience God, one must give up their Ego. One cannot serve two masters. It's clear which master he serves and which he pretends to serve.
Spoken by the guy who finally answered my innumerable questions about Christ's disciples in the Luke17 passage, and whether or not the kingdom of God was within them, as well. It only took you over two years to find your backbone. And also from the same guy who couldn't answer my question, repeatedly asked, about whether perfect unity could be attained in this universe, and if not, why but if so, how.

No doubt your giant ego has caused you no small memory block.
Old 06-01-2017, 05:50 PM   #2436
Light
Veteran

Quote:
Spoken by the guy who finally answered my innumerable questions about Christ's disciples in the Luke17 passage, and whether or not the kingdom of God was within them, as well. It only took you over two years to find your backbone. And also from the same guy who couldn't answer my question, repeatedly asked, about whether perfect unity could be attained in this universe, and if not, why but if so, how.

No doubt your giant ego has caused you no small memory block.
You never won those arguments because you never gave an argument. In Actor's case you ignore his argument. In my case you diverted the argument. This isn't the first time you use these shameful tactics.

People stop discussing things with you not because you won or were right, but because you are like a dog with a bone who cannot release the bone for one second to understand the question. So we give up. Doesn't mean you are right.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:23 PM   #2437
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
So we give up. Doesn't mean you are right.
Unfortunately there is only one poster who doesn't realize it.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:17 PM   #2438
boxcar

Quote:
You never won those arguments because you never gave an argument. In Actor's case you ignore his argument. In my case you diverted the argument. This isn't the first time you use these shameful tactics.

People stop discussing things with you not because you won or were right, but because you are like a dog with a bone who cannot release the bone for one second to understand the question. So we give up. Doesn't mean you are right.
What "argument" has Actor given? He asked me a question? A question is an argument?

And, yes, you stopped discussing Lk 17:21 with me after you admitted that that passage didn't need any stinkin' interpretation. In your loony universe, the verse said it all -- just like after your rare moment of truth, I pointed out that the verse in Mat 21:43, also said it all -- so much so that Christ taught that he took away the kingdom from the Jews, including from those lovable Pharisees.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:28 PM   #2439
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
What "argument" has Actor given? He asked me a question?
Which you still have not answered.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:08 AM   #2440
Light
Veteran

Quote:
And, yes, you stopped discussing Lk 17:21 with me after you admitted that that passage didn't need any stinkin' interpretation.
It is you who unwittingly agreed with me that the statement never needed interpretation which would restore it to its original version that "God is within you". Yet you think you won the argument when in fact you agreed with me.
Old 06-02-2017, 03:21 AM   #2441
hcap

Quote:
Better yet, he could solicit our resident expert on allegorical iterperatation Mr. Hcap and really have some fun.
My metaphorical, spiritual interpretation does not require one to discard evident scientific truths or accept a twisted belief that your god wants us to believe the universe is millions of times younger than it really is and therefore he must have created the laws of reality to trick us in some sort of weird test of faith.
Old 06-02-2017, 04:20 AM   #2442
hcap

The Bhagavad Gita

The Indian scholar Eknath Easwaran distills the essence of the “Gita” in the following quote.

“If I could offer only one key to understanding this divine dialogue, it would be to remember that it takes place in the depths of consciousness and that Krishna is not some external being, human or superhuman, but the spark of divinity that lies at the core of the human personality.” — Easwaran

Western scriptures are usually misinterpreted. The allegorical original concepts become so distorted by believers knee-jerk confusion of the "map for the territory", (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map%E2...itory_relation).......
in order to make any sense of the spiritual truths one MUST search for metaphorical meanings otherwise the western deity becomes a hateful, mean spirited angry infant.

Hint: Justst like in the the Bhagavad Gita, war and the battlefield is an allegory for an inner struggle, so is much of the OT.

Last edited by hcap; 06-02-2017 at 04:26 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:13 AM   #2443
boxcar

Quote:
It is you who unwittingly agreed with me that the statement never needed interpretation which would restore it to its original version that "God is within you". Yet you think you won the argument when in fact you agreed with me.
Yes, Mr. "Enlightened One" and in my "agreeing" with you, I demolished your what you think LK 17:21 is teaching because Jesus took away the kingdom from "within" the Pharisees and gave it to another nation. Are you normally this slow on the uptake, or are your pipes clogged because you haven't had your BM yet?

Also, you didn't notice in my 1782 that I pokin' some fun at you through my sarcasm? You didn't notice all the emoticons? Or is your giant ego in the way that won't allow you to see that I was showing you in that post how utterly ridiculous it was for you to tell us that you can understand what a particular text is saying, apart from any interpretation of it in its context? Any moron can make up a meaning of any given text when the context is totally ignored.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:27 AM   #2444
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
My metaphorical, spiritual interpretation does not require one to discard evident scientific truths or accept a twisted belief that your god wants us to believe the universe is millions of times younger than it really is and therefore he must have created the laws of reality to trick us in some sort of weird test of faith.
God didn't trick anyone. He told the world in plain, easy-to-understand language that he created the universe in 6 days. And then rested on the 7th. He Shirely, however, would have tricked the ancient Hebrews when he gave them the 4th commandment in the Law since the basis for the commandment was the duration of his creation work.

As any creator of work -- just like a any creative artist -- God had "artistic" license to create a mature, fully functional, plug-'n'-play universe anyway he wanted. (Look at Adam, for example, who was the first scientist in recorded history! Quite a brain that Adam!) And, moreover, the worldwide, cataclysmic Flood would have had profound environmental effects upon this world. This is why human beings slowly started dying at younger ages. The Flood kinda cut in to the longevity thing man had going on.
Old 06-02-2017, 09:13 AM   #2445
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
The Bhagavad Gita

The Indian scholar Eknath Easwaran distills the essence of the “Gita” in the following quote.

“If I could offer only one key to understanding this divine dialogue, it would be to remember that it takes place in the depths of consciousness and that Krishna is not some external being, human or superhuman, but the spark of divinity that lies at the core of the human personality.” — Easwaran

Western scriptures are usually misinterpreted. The allegorical original concepts become so distorted by believers knee-jerk confusion of the "map for the territory", (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Map%E2...itory_relation).......
in order to make any sense of the spiritual truths one MUST search for metaphorical meanings otherwise
Quote:
the western deity becomes a hateful, mean spirited angry infant.
Hint: Justst like in the the Bhagavad Gita, war and the battlefield is an allegory for an inner struggle, so is much of the OT.
Voila

Attached Images
File Type: png TMW2017-05-17color.png (188.7 KB, 13 views)
Closed Thread