Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 06:09 PM   #31
Native Texan III

UK's Guardian newspaper rang Trumps' office asking if it could see DT's passport and college papers. Told "Don't try to be funny".
Old 10-26-2012, 06:40 PM   #32
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
UK's Guardian newspaper rang Trumps' office asking if it could see DT's passport and college papers. Told "Don't try to be funny".
What isn't funny is that Obama talks a good game but when it comes time to deliver.... Wasn't he the one who touted that we should all share the wealth? Spread it around? Obama has no problem confiscating money from taxpayers to spread the wealth around, but now the president doesn't want to take The Donald up on his offer so that he can spread 5Mil Trump dollars around to help needy people? This is a typical liberal. They'll talk the talk but when it comes to THEM putting something of theirs on the line....well, that's quite a different matter, isn't it? And this from the preacher of transparency, yet! A hypocrite twice over!

Boxcar
Old 10-26-2012, 08:58 PM   #33
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
This is a typical liberal. They'll talk the talk but when it comes to THEM putting something of theirs on the line....well, that's quite a different matter, isn't it?
Considering the results of the poll the other day asking who donates time and or money to politics, this is a pretty amusing post.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:05 PM   #34
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Considering the results of the poll the other day asking who donates time and or money to politics, this is a pretty amusing post.
The Obamas of the world are precisely why I wouldn't waste either time or money in politics.

But amuse us for once. You keep ducking the question I have asked you a couple of times previously. Tell us how you have donated time and/or money to the Obama campaign or to any other political campaign, for that matter.

Boxcar
P.S. And I have never preached to anyone at anytime how they should spend their time or money in politics. That's a matter of individual conscience.

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 10-26-2012 at 09:12 PM. Reason: Removed useless insults
Old 10-26-2012, 09:11 PM   #35
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
The Obamas of the world are precisely why I wouldn't waste either time or money in politics.

But amuse us for once. You keep ducking the question I have asked you a couple of times previously. Tell us how you have donated time and/or money to the Obama campaign or to any other political campaign, for that matter.

Boxcar
I haven't donated any. You see, on the list of things that are important to me, politics is way, way down there.

But to things that are important to me I donate my time and/or money. I'm not going to discuss where I donate my money to on the board, but if you are that interested pm me and I'll let you know.

Now, let's get back to my point. Don't you kind of see how hypocritical your post is?
Old 10-26-2012, 09:18 PM   #36
boxcar

Quote:
I haven't donated any. You see, on the list of things that are important to me, politics is way, way down there.

But to things that are important to me I donate my time and/or money. I'm not going to discuss where I donate my money to on the board, but if you are that interested pm me and I'll let you know.

Now, let's get back to my point. Don't you kind of see how hypocritical your post is?
No, there is none. I voted for McCain in the last election, so I did my part. What's your excuse again?

And moreover, even if I hadn't voted, it's still my constitutional right to speak my mind on political issues. There's no hypocrisy here. It would only be hypocritical if I preached some message like Obama always does but did something different. That's hypocrisy. Look it up in your Funk 'n' Wagnall.

Boxcar
Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #37
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
No, there is none. I voted for McCain in the last election, so I did my part. What's your excuse again?

And moreover, even if I hadn't voted, it's still my constitutional right to speak my mind on political issues. There's no hypocrisy here. It would only be hypocritical if I preached some message like Obama always does but did something different. That's hypocrisy. Look it up in your Funk 'n' Wagnall.

Boxcar
Hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

So you talk the talk (because it's your constitutional right) but by your own admittance don't walk the walk. Seems like hypocrisy to me.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #38
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So most American are hypocrites in your book?
Or only those with an opinon?

Seeing how politics is waaaay down there for you, your whole participation in the discussion smacks of hypocrisy.

Looks like you re just slumming it to me.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:42 PM   #39
JustRalph
Just another Facist

That sucking sound you hear is Dahoss pulling you in......
Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #40
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
So most American are hypocrites in your book?
Or only those with an opinon?

Seeing how politics is waaaay down there for you, your whole participation in the discussion smacks of hypocrisy.

Looks like you re just slumming it to me.
Yeah, most people are hypocrites in my book. We're all hypocrites to a degree and I'm sure you could find an example of me being hypocritical about something on the board.

The difference is I realize it.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:52 PM   #41
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
That sucking sound you hear is Dahoss pulling you in......
A lot like stepping in something, isn't he.?
Old 10-26-2012, 11:38 PM   #42
boxcar

Quote:
Hypocrisy: The practice of professing beliefs, feelings, or virtues that one does not hold or possess; falseness.

So you talk the talk (because it's your constitutional right) but by your own admittance don't walk the walk. Seems like hypocrisy to me.
And just what talk am I supposed to walk? Hossy, here's a clue for you: You're in over your head. You're trying to use me and all others who don't meet your personal criteria for "political involvement" as a non sequitur because I have Obama pegged accurately. The guy is as phony as a three dollar bill. It's no wonder you'll go to any lengths to either verbally support him or to verbally attack or discredit his detractors. (By the way, the operative term here is "verbally", in case you didn't get it.) And by your own admission, you're not walking the talk either, are you? So, on what grounds do you belittle or discredit detractors of politicians of your political persuasion? It seems you, too, would only have a "right" to defend your guys if you supported them with your tithes and offerings of your time. What about it, Einstein? What's good for the goose is not so good for the gander? Surely, YOU'RE not being a wee bit hypocritical about all this, are you?

Boxcar

Last edited by boxcar; 10-26-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:30 AM   #43
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
And just what talk am I supposed to walk? Hossy, here's a clue for you: You're in over your head. You're trying to use me and all others who don't meet your personal criteria for "political involvement" as a non sequitur because I have Obama pegged accurately. The guy is as phony as a three dollar bill. It's no wonder you'll go to any lengths to either verbally support him or to verbally attack or discredit his detractors. (By the way, the operative term here is "verbally", in case you didn't get it.) And by your own admission, you're not walking the talk either, are you? So, on what grounds do you belittle or discredit detractors of politicians of your political persuasion? It seems you, too, would only have a "right" to defend your guys if you supported them with your tithes and offerings of your time. What about it, Einstein? What's good for the goose is not so good for the gander? Surely, YOU'RE not being a wee bit hypocritical about all this, are you?

Boxcar
I voted in the last election. According to you, I did my part, right?

I'm not talking about Obama at all and I would love for you to give me examples of me going to all lengths to verbally support him. I haven't. Then again, accuracy has never really been your strong suit. My response was because you made a comment about liberals as a whole.

I showed you why your logic is flawed (using your own words) and you've really done nothing to disprove any of it. Because you can't.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:47 AM   #44
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Yes, you did.
You have no greater gift and no greater responsibility.
Thank you for your support.
Old 10-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #45
boxcar

Quote:

I'm not talking about Obama at all and I would love for you to give me examples of me going to all lengths to verbally support him. I haven't. Then again, accuracy has never really been your strong suit. My response was because you made a comment about liberals as a whole.

I showed you why your logic is flawed (using your own words) and you've really done nothing to disprove any of it. Because you can't.
You still haven't answered my question, Hossy: How specifically am I not walking the talk? Where have I said that in order for anyone to practice their free speech rights they must invest their blood, sweat, tears, money and/or time into the political process? (By the way, only a commie would really believe that. Are you per chance a card carryin' member of the CPUSA? You see, over in Lands of Commies, if someone wants to be a party member, the Party will extract its pound of flesh for that great privilege.)

And moreover, does this investment of time and/or money apply to poor people, too? How about people in prison who vote? How about the aged in nursing homes? How about the guys and gals in the military? Surely, you're not suggesting that we should disenfranchise these kinds of people (and more) from their political free speech rights because they don't meet your loony, communistic criteria for political involvement, are you? So, then, would your personal criteria apply universally or just to the select few "who can"?

And, hypocrite, who are you to tell anyone here what they must do before they exercise their free speech rights? You demand that a conservative like myself must meet your criteria and tell us that if conservatives don't, then neither do we have a right to speak out on political issues? Well, hypocrite, pull the beam out of your own eye before pointing to any speck in any righty's eye! Since you don't invest your time or money in the political process, what gives you the right to speak out against people who oppose your political views? What gives you a right to defend your views against those who oppose them? Tell me why you shouldn't practice what your preach!

And finally, yes, I did paint liberals with a broad brush -- the same brush as I did Obama -- and for very good reason! It has been shown over and over again on this forum that those cheap, selfish, greedy, capitalism-loving conservatives consistently outperform their compassionate, caring, empathizing counterparts in the charity department. It's liberals, generally, who are all talk and little or no walk. With most libs, Hypocrisy is their middle name -- starting with you!

Boxcar