Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-28-2023, 07:33 PM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
These cops acted like animals. I've seen less violent bear attacks.

NOTHING they did was warranted. THEY reacted insanely to his actions.
He did not do anything violent. THEY over-reacted, held him up for everyone to punch im, then kicked his head, then denied him medical ais for over 20 minutes.

And they celbrated with fist pumps.

This was a murder.
I still say, death penalty for all of them

I don't think garbage like that has a right to live.

It was a f****** traffic stop.

What time on video 1-4 was that? I had trouble watching the videos because of my slow internet, they kept stopping, when I heard they were running again I switched back from playing chess. I do remember it looked like he righted himself and was trying to run off from scene 2, and was brought to the ground, I only saw punching when he was on the ground. I only saw him get hit in the body for sure, but kicked in the head repeatedly, that and the delay for help killed him. Not sure how he was treated at the hospital, but 20 minutes sooner trying to slow brain swelling makes as big difference.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2023, 07:34 PM   #32
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Looks like I am in the minority here. From what I see from the 4 videos Nichols was not struck once he was cuffed. The officer who hit him with the telescoping baton warned him it was coming if he did not give up his hands. I don't see a couple body punches extreme when he had already fought off getting cuffed for a good 3 minutes on scene 2. He was resisting the whole time until he was kicked in the head multiple times, he had been pepper sprayed and tased. He is the one who caused the situation to escalate.

What I do take issues with are the kicks to the head, those are what killed him. Also I saw the scene grow to 10-12 officers at one time while Tyre was leaned against the squad car in a sitting position for at least 20 minutes, not sure the medic response time but it was obvious they probably delayed calling
until Nichols passed out, you could see him stop moving. Not sure what the delay in calling an ambulance was, could they have been getting their stories straight?

Two cops got pepper sprayed, one lost his glasses and one obviously had a leg injury as he was limping. A couple heads need to roll here, but not all 5.

I agree with you that he was not cooperating from what I see. I think the kicks to the head did him in.

There has to be more to the story regarding the reason they stopped him in the first place. Unless you murdered someone, I don't recall a procedure where you pull someone from their car right off the bat. There simply has to be more of a backstory.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:38 PM   #33
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

ID, I'll look tommorrow for when it waa, but I know it was laterr on.
I'll try to record a snipet and post on my FB page so I can link to it.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:45 PM   #34
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wisconsin View Post
I agree with you that he was not cooperating from what I see. I think the kicks to the head did him in.

There has to be more to the story regarding the reason they stopped him in the first place. Unless you murdered someone, I don't recall a procedure where you pull someone from their car right off the bat. There simply has to be more of a backstory.

I am 100% positive that killed him, and from what I saw it was only one guy doing it. He wasn't cuffed until he took his 3-4 kicks in the head, why he wasn't immediately transported after that, is odd and whomever was in charge of the scene needs to hang for not summoning the medics immediately. As far as yanking him from his car reckless driving likely gets you a citation if you are cooperative. In this state 81 mph on I-95 is considered reckless and you can be arrested, but that rarely happens.
Old 01-28-2023, 07:48 PM   #35
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
ID, I'll look tommorrow for when it waa, but I know it was laterr on.
I'll try to record a snipet and post on my FB page so I can link to it.

Thanks, best case scenario I can watch 720p video on a bad day it rarely runs on 240p. I let it run on auto so the resolution varies.
Old 01-28-2023, 10:19 PM   #36
horses4courses

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
Fighting the good fight against Trump, racist cops and white supremacy.
Which begs the question:
Why wouldn't any right-minded person fight the good fight against Trump?
Pssst....check the ballot boxes.....again....and again.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-28-2023, 10:22 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Which begs the question:
And now we've managed to turn this topic into something about Trump.

Bravo.

Welcome back!

If ONLY Trump were as evil as you make him out to be in your mind.
Old 01-28-2023, 11:08 PM   #38
dnlgfnk

Quote:

It is being revealed that due to anti-police effects (defund, etc.), and mounting resignations from the force, Memphis relaxed their standards and bypassed certain requirements such as an associates degree or 54 college credit hrs. I saw one source investigating whether 3 of the 5 defendants have other gang beatings on their phones.
Old 01-29-2023, 10:56 AM   #39
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:

The media probably will not tell us if the thug officers had a vendetta against the guy they murdered. The media ( both Liberal & Conservative ) are focused on their narrative.

Apparently the Scorpion gang was a law enforcement unit that had to fight fire with fire. Rough neighborhoods in Memphis. Dangerous, gang infested, poverty and violence.

Drug and prostitution markets are big and fought for, from streets to prison.

It's certainly possible that this was a gang killing in which case the Scorpions were the ones executing the killing.
Old 01-29-2023, 11:11 AM   #40
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by horses4courses View Post
Which begs the question:
1. Left-minded fight thatt fight.

2. Pssst...check the performance of the guy who got the most votes...again...and again.
Old 01-29-2023, 03:48 PM   #41
zico20

The chief of police said she reviewed the tapes and she could NOT find any reckless driving. So now we have to see why he was pulled out of the car. Did he say something to the cops to provoke it or did the cops have a beef with him. A rumor has circulated from someone who lives there that the guy was having an affair with one of the cops wives. Who knows, but it seems very strange that they would go through all of this for no apparent reason. Something is being left out that is vitally important.
Old 01-29-2023, 05:32 PM   #42
wisconsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
Something is being left out that is vitally important.

Old 01-29-2023, 05:57 PM   #43
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
The chief of police said she reviewed the tapes and she could NOT find any reckless driving. So now we have to see why he was pulled out of the car. Did he say something to the cops to provoke it or did the cops have a beef with him. A rumor has circulated from someone who lives there that the guy was having an affair with one of the cops wives. Who knows, but it seems very strange that they would go through all of this for no apparent reason. Something is being left out that is vitally important.

Interesting, but a police chief who serves a Democrat mayor quickly throwing the troops under the bus is common practice these days.
Old 01-29-2023, 06:34 PM   #44
Robert Fischer
clean money

Another black man murdered by police
Old 01-30-2023, 05:25 PM   #45
Inner Dirt

I finally saw a video where the guy was hit while standing and could have had his arms pinned. the video seemed to be pieced together from all 4 of them and only a couple minutes long. It looks like he was back up and trying to run, but two officers had him. It also looked like they could have been holding him up to get hit like I think Tom said, as after taking a few he went down and it did look like head shots. He did take a commutative beating at that point but they still could not cuff him. He kept resisting till he took a couple kicks to the head, then he was done.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: