Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-16-2018, 02:35 PM   #1
johnhenry81

Uriah st Lewis

Anyone familiar with this trainer or Parx know if he is P & E C Stable or part of that is listed as owner for many of his horses? I have seen that owner listed for his runners for 12 or 15 years it seems, and there is also a history of well meant longshots as there was in todays 4th race with Hear me Purr.
johnhenry81 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 02:51 PM   #2
lamboguy

when i see his name, i always skip over the horse and go to the next one. in the past year he has brought home some big priced horses and has beaten me a few times. but he is one i stay clear of.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 02:58 PM   #3
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhenry81 View Post
Anyone familiar with this trainer or Parx know if he is P & E C Stable or part of that is listed as owner for many of his horses? I have seen that owner listed for his runners for 12 or 15 years it seems, and there is also a history of well meant longshots as there was in todays 4th race with Hear me Purr.
Not sure about the stable name you mentioned.

But, Uriah St. Lewis' stable is Trin-Brook Stables.

St. Lewis was born in Trinidad and when he and his family came to the USA, they settled in Brooklyn, NY.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 03:48 PM   #4
johnhenry81

Thanks for the replies, including the Trinidad info.
Many of these small trainers have a tough time making ends meet so they pick some ownership in a horse for some autonomy to set up a price to help pay the bills. One can find a longshot or two by using the owner/trainer combined with some suspicious running lines.

jh
Old 01-16-2018, 05:13 PM   #5
castaway01

Quote:
Thanks for the replies, including the Trinidad info.
Many of these small trainers have a tough time making ends meet so they pick some ownership in a horse for some autonomy to set up a price to help pay the bills. One can find a longshot or two by using the owner/trainer combined with some suspicious running lines.

jh
I've been following Parx for 25 years, and I totally agree that this guy puts over some live longshots. With that said, if you are able to figure out the pattern for when he'll hit that 20-1 after missing with 25 of them, you really are the man because he's always been a mystery.
castaway01 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-16-2018, 06:18 PM   #6
Afleet

can't see how he stays in business-who would give him a horse? He is usually under 5% winners. That minor stakes horse he has, can't think of his name off the top of my head, but he runs every 2-3 weeks; think he ran in the Whitney.
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2018, 08:28 PM   #7
mikekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by castaway01 View Post
I've been following Parx for 25 years, and I totally agree that this guy puts over some live longshots. With that said, if you are able to figure out the pattern for when he'll hit that 20-1 after missing with 25 of them, you really are the man because he's always been a mystery.
I spent a good half-year a while ago, going thru as much information as I could round up, trying to get a bead on this guy. Workout patterns, distance changes, jockey switches, equipment changes, track changes...nothing worked. I finally decided it was a "broke clock is right twice a day" event when one of his horses popped up, and went on to more satisfying ways to spend my time.

If anyone can figure this guy out, let me know! Please!

Mike
mikekk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-19-2018, 01:23 PM   #8
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikekk View Post
I spent a good half-year a while ago, going thru as much information as I could round up, trying to get a bead on this guy. Workout patterns, distance changes, jockey switches, equipment changes, track changes...nothing worked. I finally decided it was a "broke clock is right twice a day" event when one of his horses popped up, and went on to more satisfying ways to spend my time.

If anyone can figure this guy out, let me know! Please!

Mike
That actually makes me feel a lot better because I thought I was missing something! I love doing detective work like that but this guy leaves no fingerprints.
Old 01-19-2018, 02:28 PM   #9
johnhenry81

Quote:
That actually makes me feel a lot better because I thought I was missing something! I love doing detective work like that but this guy leaves no fingerprints.
Alright lets play Columbo. Uriah has a horse entered tomorrow at Parx race 7 name Court Note. As our detectives reported, it is owned by his own Trin Brook stables, which allow him to manipulate things without the scrutiny of a micro managing owner.

Looking back back to the October 29 race, the horse faded badly at a relatively paltry price of 12 to 1. He miraculously ran a corker the next race when the odds were 34/1. Last race at 29/1 he led and threatened to win.

Considering these last two impressive performances, Uriah probably assumed that if the horse was brought back in 10 days or so, he'd being looking at 10 or 12/1. So what does he do? He lays the horse off for 42 days which will see the odds rise.

My prediction: An all out effort, the problem is that Uriah cant seem to get it over the goal line too often, and has to settle for a field goal like my Det. Lions!

Other reads of the tea leaves welcomed

jh
Old 01-19-2018, 04:22 PM   #10
castaway01

Quote:
Alright lets play Columbo. Uriah has a horse entered tomorrow at Parx race 7 name Court Note. As our detectives reported, it is owned by his own Trin Brook stables, which allow him to manipulate things without the scrutiny of a micro managing owner.

Looking back back to the October 29 race, the horse faded badly at a relatively paltry price of 12 to 1. He miraculously ran a corker the next race when the odds were 34/1. Last race at 29/1 he led and threatened to win.

Considering these last two impressive performances, Uriah probably assumed that if the horse was brought back in 10 days or so, he'd being looking at 10 or 12/1. So what does he do? He lays the horse off for 42 days which will see the odds rise.

My prediction: An all out effort, the problem is that Uriah cant seem to get it over the goal line too often, and has to settle for a field goal like my Det. Lions!

jh
St. Lewis is 64 for 1773 over the past 12 years. You're getting 20-1 ML tomorrow. I hope this is one of his non-duds but when I look at the "tea leaves" with this guy I always see mud.

I will say that while I don't know what the track conditions will be tomorrow, on a thawing track that is already outside biased I'd want no part of Uriah's horse from the 1 hole. If you hit though, you're buying.
Old 01-20-2018, 04:34 PM   #11
therussmeister
Out-of-town Jasper

Quote:

jh
He won the third race at 12/1.

~Alan Watts
therussmeister is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-20-2018, 08:13 PM   #12
castaway01

Quote:
Originally Posted by therussmeister View Post
He won the third race at 12/1.
I saw that---not the horse JohnHenry talked about but he certainly was right about St. Lewis getting on a hot streak! Hope he had it.
Old 01-21-2018, 08:26 AM   #13
johnhenry81

Quote:
I saw that---not the horse JohnHenry talked about but he certainly was right about St. Lewis getting on a hot streak! Hope he had it.
No, I did not play his winner, I played Court Note in the exacta back hole but he finished fourth.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:15 PM   #14
horseplayer

Quote:
No, I did not play his winner, I played Court Note in the exacta back hole but he finished fourth.
That is the problem with following trainers like that you try to pick the one that horse that looks like it will win and the other one that did not show anything pops up.

Two trainers that have confounded me are Kathy DeMasi and Pat Farro altho they do well with recent claims but they get good prices.
horseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: