Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-13-2020, 06:41 PM   #91
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
What was Arrogate’s official cause of death?
It was never disclosed. They said that there would be an autopsy, but never released it. Arrogate was obviously juiced up so his premature and mysterious death didn't surprise me.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 06:48 PM   #92
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandy View Post
It was never disclosed. They said that there would be an autopsy, but never released it. Arrogate was obviously juiced up so his premature and mysterious death didn't surprise me.
I felt the same way about Easy Goer.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 07:14 PM   #93
Sysonby

Quote:
I posted the piece about Baffert on my Facebook page, if anyone's interested.

Having a positive for every several thousand starts is one thing. Baffert has one every 500 starts, which is an astoundingly high rate.
I would be interested in seeing it but I don't know what your facebook page is under.
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 08:48 PM   #94
pandy

If you go to Facebook search for Bob Pandolfo it should come right up
Old 09-13-2020, 09:57 PM   #95
Sysonby

Thanks, Pandy!
Sysonby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 10:08 PM   #96
Spalding No!

Quote:
Coincidentally it was announced in the Blood-Horse just yesterday in an article about his first crop of yearlings. The horse had a spinal cord lesion discovered on necropsy per Juddmonte's manager:

"He had a core lesion in his spinal cord that basically rendered him a quadriplegic," said O'Rourke. "We don't know exactly how it occurred. He didn't have a fall or major accident that was obvious to have caused it, other than he was a horse that was always rearing and bucking and playing about. Some kind of whiplash effect might have caused what was more than a million-to-one shot, more like a 20-million-to-one shot."

O'Rourke said the stallion started to show signs of trouble one morning after covering a mare. Two days later, he collapsed in his stall.

"He was standing in his stall and shook himself a few times early one morning, we have it on the security camera, and then just collapsed and never got up again. It wasn't until the postmortem that we discovered his spinal cord had a lesion that would not have repaired. It was heartbreaking," he said.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 10:34 PM   #97
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sysonby View Post
Thanks, Pandy!
If you don't see it let me know
Old 09-13-2020, 10:35 PM   #98
pandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Coincidentally it was announced in the Blood-Horse just yesterday in an article about his first crop of yearlings. The horse had a spinal cord lesion discovered on necropsy per Juddmonte's manager:

"He had a core lesion in his spinal cord that basically rendered him a quadriplegic," said O'Rourke. "We don't know exactly how it occurred. He didn't have a fall or major accident that was obvious to have caused it, other than he was a horse that was always rearing and bucking and playing about. Some kind of whiplash effect might have caused what was more than a million-to-one shot, more like a 20-million-to-one shot."

O'Rourke said the stallion started to show signs of trouble one morning after covering a mare. Two days later, he collapsed in his stall.

"He was standing in his stall and shook himself a few times early one morning, we have it on the security camera, and then just collapsed and never got up again. It wasn't until the postmortem that we discovered his spinal cord had a lesion that would not have repaired. It was heartbreaking," he said.
I hadn't seen that, thanks. I didn't mention Arrogate in my editorial because it's really hard to know if his death had anything to do with his training and racing career.
Old 09-13-2020, 10:38 PM   #99
GMB@BP

Quote:
I hadn't seen that, thanks. I didn't mention Arrogate in my editorial because it's really hard to know if his death had anything to do with his training and racing career.
Yet it was obviously related to Baffert.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:49 AM   #100
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Yet it was obviously related to Baffert.
The most you can say about Arrogate is that it is suspicious. I could totally see it being the case that Baffert did nothing wrong there. But it is suspicious.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2020, 08:28 AM   #101
pandy

Editorial on Baffert and The Horseracing Integrity and Safety Act

https://www.facebook.com/robert.pand...t=feed_comment
Old 09-15-2020, 09:09 AM   #102
classhandicapper

Arrogate was a unique horse. Lots of 3yos improve during the spring or summer. Very few run 97, 103, 99 in allowance races and then run a 122 in a Grade 1 stakes only 23 days later unless it was bias aided. Usually the improvement is slower and steadier. Jumps like that are usually reserved for young second time starters that were more or less prepped or that had a bad trip first time out and horses just claimed by trainers doing seances with Oscar Barrera.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-15-2020 at 09:11 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2020, 09:21 AM   #103
dilanesp

If you know anything about track and field, Arrogate is like Florence Griffith Joyner.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-15-2020, 09:24 AM   #104
classhandicapper

Quote:
Quote:
Funny how so many other very successful trainers who have trained over 10,000 horses have never had that “tainted feed” problem that plagues the Baffert barn. Maybe Bob Baffert should buy his feed from Graham Motion.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:44 AM   #105
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I thought Motion had a feed issue eerily similar to the baffert case, thought he even took it to court.