Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 09-04-2020, 12:45 PM   #76
CBYRacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay View Post
The first time I took my son (who is now 33) with me to the track, there was a man watching the running of a particular race on one of the track's CCTV monitors who kept yelling, "Come on with that 2! Come on with that 2!" (referring to the horse by its number rather than its name). That was almost twenty years ago, but it's still a private joke between my son and me to this day.
I remember almost the exact same story with my Dad. Good times!
CBYRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #77
Clocker

I hung out with some back stretch guys for a while when I was younger, and they all told me the same thing.

The horses can't hear you.
Old 09-05-2020, 11:33 AM   #78
Longshot6977

I quietly say something like "Come on with this 5" or " Come on with this 7". But if the horse is 10-1 odds or higher, and needs to fill my exotic bet, then he needs some loud encouragement and I will yell the above. If the horse odds are under 10-1, I stay quiet. And If my horse is under 3-1, (rarely)the rule is he doesn't need any encouragement since he is already low odds, and him and the jockey should know enough to get it done, LOL.

Usually at Freehold simulcasting, I've heard guys yell stupid things like "whip him" or "whip him in the eye" or "Keep hitting 'em" or other stupid things.
I've heard people yell "Where's the wire?" or "Get him up, get him up". I personally don't like the rolled up newspaper noisemakers or the guys who scream out loud every race. I also hate the guys who throw things at the screen. They just can't control their losses.

Last edited by Longshot6977; 09-05-2020 at 11:35 AM.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply