Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-18-2018, 08:07 PM   #271
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
I agree with the agents who are doing there jobs.
A lot of Nazis were too afraid to stand up to authority even when they knew it was immoral to enforce the Nazi's laws.

It is cruel and immoral to punish children by separating them from their parents when those children had no say in their parents decision to come to America.
highnote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:07 PM   #272
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by highnote View Post
It is cruel and immoral to punish the children by separating them from their parents when those children had no say in their parents decision to come to America.
I agree with this. I am like you a pro-life supporter.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:11 PM   #273
highnote

Quote:
2 things:

1. The Milgram experiments had to do with following authority regardless of its ethics. Tryin to tie this to the current crap going on at the border is grasping for straws.
This is exactly what is happening. It is unethical and immoral to separate children from their parents when the children had to choice but to follow their parents.

Quote:
How dare you compare this to following the law and the agents that are paid to do their job.
How dare you think it is ok to punish children who had no say in their parents' decision to bring them to America.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #274
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
This is exactly what is happening. It is unethical and immoral to separate children from their parents when the children had to choice but to follow their parents.

How dare you think it is ok to punish children who had no say in their parents' decision to bring them to America.
Keep changing the narrative for what you believe in. Blame the parents and then we can talk.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:19 PM   #275
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
A letter from U.S. Civil Rights Commissioner Peter Kirsanow to Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen on the subject of separating families who enter the country illegally at the southern border.

The man sounds dangerously rational.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/archive...the-border.php
This man sounds dangerously callous and insensitive. I find his heartlessness disturbing. He sounds soulless.

Those children don't have a choice. Innocent kids are being punished for something in which they had no choice.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:22 PM   #276
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
This man sounds dangerously callous and insensitive. I find his heartlessness disturbing. He sounds soulless.

Those children don't have a choice. Innocent kids are being punished for something in which they had no choice.
When are you going to blame the parents?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 PM   #277
Clocker

Quote:

The notion that the children are being punished is nonsense. They are being fed, housed, and cared for by HHS.

Their parents essentially abandoned them by breaking the law and being incarcerated. Our government is taking care of abandoned children. Would you like to see the children put into the adult jails where the parents are being held? Or we could just turn them loose on the streets.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:31 PM   #278
horses4courses

Quote:
Have you even half a brain in your head?

Yes.
The parents should stop coming to the border - with or without kids.

In the meantime, what are you going to do?
Find a solution - it's not rocket science.
But get those kids back to their parents.

Current administration are political kidnappers.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #279
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
You are confused by what I said.

I never said it was OK to break the law. I said I agree with Laura Bush that it is CRUEL and IMMORAL to separate kids from the parents at the border.

You think it's OK to separate a two year old kid from his or her parents. I don't.

Those are not the Christian values I was raised with.

I never said it was ok to seperate children from parents.

Believe the bible teaches you one must follow the laws of the land the laws of this land and any land is there are consequences in entering a country illegal and if they didnt know guess they should look into the laws of the land they intend to enter so they can follow them or if christians they can follow the bible to know they wont break any laws of the land.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:35 PM   #280
highnote

Quote:
When are you going to stop blaming the children and letting them be punished for something they have no control over?

As for the parents, some may have legitimate grounds to be granted asylum. Others might not. It sounds like there are laws and procedures in place that allow parents to state their cases.

In the meantime, no good can come from punishing children by separating them from parents.

It is cruel and immoral. It is hard for me to believe this is actually going on in a predominantly Christian nation. It is harder still for me to believe some people believe separating innocent children from their parents is the right thing to do. Watching this unfold is heartbreaking.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:36 PM   #281
mrhorseplayer

Quote:
You should read up on Milgram 65.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment

The Milgram experiment showed how something like Nazi Germany could happen. People obeyed the authority figures because it was the law, even though the laws were immoral. We know how that ended up.

I agree with Laura Bush, separating children from their parents at the border is immoral.

It is mind boggling to me that anyone could be so cold-hearted as to separate young children from their mother just because the family crossed an arbitrary border looking for a better life.

dont care about any experiment. I care about the USA and these people breaking the law to enter our country taking away from our citizens.
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:37 PM   #282
highnote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhorseplayer View Post
I never said it was ok to seperate children from parents.

Believe the bible teaches you one must follow the laws of the land the laws of this land and any land is there are consequences in entering a country illegal and if they didnt know guess they should look into the laws of the land they intend to enter so they can follow them or if christians they can follow the bible to know they wont break any laws of the land.
The Bible also teaches one to act morally. It is immoral to obey an immoral law. More simply stated -- two wrongs don't make a right.
Old 06-18-2018, 08:38 PM   #283
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
When are you going to stop blaming the children and letting them be punished for something they have no control over?

As for the parents, some may have legitimate grounds to be granted asylum. Others might not. It sounds like there are laws and procedures in place that allow parents to state their cases.

In the meantime, no good can come from punishing children by separating them from parents.

It is cruel and immoral. It is hard for me to believe this is actually going on in a predominantly Christian nation. It is harder still for me to believe some people believe separating innocent children from their parents is the right thing to do. Watching this unfold is heartbreaking.

The children are receiving the end results of their parent's behavior. I hear everything you are saying and how it is heartbreaking about the children. Yada, yada, yada. Close the border and immediately return ALL persons that are not here legally. Does that fix your problem?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:39 PM   #284
horses4courses

Police State

MSM are not allowed into detention centers for filming.
They only receive footage of what the government allows.

What a sorry-ass country this is becoming.
chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2018, 08:40 PM   #285
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
The Bible also teaches one to act morally. It is immoral to obey an immoral law. More simply stated -- two wrongs don't make a right.
What is immoral? Laws? Anything that you do not believe in?