Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-14-2018, 08:32 AM   #1
Andy Asaro

How the social justice mob decides who goes down, and who doesn't.

How the social justice mob decides who goes down, and who doesn't.

https://www.weeklystandard.com/kevin...and-who-doesnt

Excerpt:

One could spend a few entertaining hours listing the beloved celebrities who would be shunned by polite society—here meaning polite Hollywood society and polite leftish society more generally—if they were trying to get started today. Eddie Murphy’s Delirious made him a superstar, and it made HBO a ton of money. Anybody want to talk about how many times the word “faggot” is used in that act or about how the entire first section is one long rant about buggery and AIDS? Anybody want to revisit the personal life of Errol Flynn? And consider the question of which big publisher would bring out Philip Roth’s first few novels today without trigger warnings—and without subsequently firing whomever acquired them in the first place. The original opening number from Disney’s Aladdin is practically samizdat today, and poor old Howard Ashman would be un-personed if he had penned those purportedly anti-Arab lyrics in 2018.

For the whole story click the link. https://www.weeklystandard.com/kevin...and-who-doesnt

Last edited by Andy Asaro; 06-14-2018 at 08:34 AM.
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 09:09 AM   #2
woodtoo

Spot on and well written!
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 09:18 AM   #3
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yup.
there is no larger collection of perverted, bigoted, low-rent garbage than Hollywood. And a totally worthless collection of defective people.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:38 AM   #4
Inner Dirt

As far as Eddie Murphy's "Delirious" is concerned that was 35 years ago, the USA was a completely different place. The left did not celebrate homosexuality, call them brave and give them awards for being gay. As far as the modern social justice warrior is concerned the wrath that falls on you and what you can get away with depends on the color of your skin, gender, sexual orientation, religious beliefs and political affiliation. It also matters how the person or people you insulted fall under the above criteria. Note, I did not read any of the above articles.

Obviously in today's society a white Republican Christian male is the least tolerated, they get away with nothing. A good example with that group is how their view of homosexuality is chastised, yet Muslims have a worse view of homosexuality and it is never brought up. Ethnic minorities have a much longer leash unless they disrespect homosexuals, unless your a Muslim, then you even get a pass on that.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 07:08 PM   #5
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Yup.
there is no larger collection of perverted, bigoted, low-rent garbage than Hollywood. And a totally worthless collection of defective people.
C'mon. Your side has Tom Selleck, Scott Baio, Stephen Baldwin, Gary Sinese, Clint Eastwood and many, many other big time stars. Too many to list.

On, second thought, maybe you are right.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 07:24 PM   #6
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
C'mon. Your side has Tom Selleck, Scott Baio, Stephen Baldwin, Gary Sinese, Clint Eastwood and many, many other big time stars. Too many to list.

Anybody think Stephen Baldwin will vote for his brother Alec when Alec runs for President in 2020.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-14-2018, 08:59 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post

I will take that list you made over ANYthing the left has to offer.
At least my side are Americans.

What we need in Hollywood is another commie blacklist!
Ole Uncle Joe wasn't totally wrong.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
I will take that list you made over ANYthing the left has to offer.
At least my side are Americans.

What we need in Hollywood is another commie blacklist!
Ole Uncle Joe wasn't totally wrong.
The problem today is finding enough people who care.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply