Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 08-19-2010, 03:35 PM   #31
Fager Fan
Veteran

If the horse is already running as fast as it can run, hitting it with the stick's not going to make it run faster.

A good jockey knows how much horse he has under him and how much they're giving, and they're not going to beat up on a horse who's already giving her all.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 05:03 PM   #32
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
If the horse is already running as fast as it can run, hitting it with the stick's not going to make it run faster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ****
Look, maybe I am wrong, but every horse isn't most effective when ridden in exactly the same manner. For example, there are plenty of horses that don't like the whip, and in fact these horses will constantly underperform until this is recognized ( assuming it is ever realized ). Does that mean the jockey was at fault when he hand rode the horse only to lose a photo?
long story - plz skip

so THIS YEAR im watching this important well meant filly run
and she a lookin GOOD -
CLEARS THE FIELD bold move
Opens up EASILY
and in the final 1/16th she jumps the damn shadows and changes leads.
No big deal. END OF STORY. STOP READING. I'M SERIOUS.

I was watching this I believe 3yo filly(i believe... (it could be a f'n colt for Gordon Gekko's sake) hard for a total recall of any random of my thousands of live watch list horses dispersed in 200 horse-limit sectors without so much as a search function (time to take it offline?? and do it myself?)...
[sidenote: how do horseplayers recal the darndest SPECIFIC details? it's uncanny at times we know the weather that day we hit the big tri and maybe the teller we bought it from where we were sitting...]

holy shit!
- either ginkgo and caffeine broke a blood clot broke loose (in the right direction for GG's sake) or these experimental Hawking1 neuro-capillary systems are actually starting to work...

i'm watching the MFing Dwyer Stakes and FLY DOWN (P.S. he's a lock for the Belmont if you haven't heard (lol P.P.S. don't tell those idiots who think ASSBOX did any running at all in KYD)) [forgive if I'm a bit behind calendar dating]

so I'm watching FLY DOWN in the DWYER and w/ everything Zito has put into him (training, i'm talking training boys c'mon)

and I see where he JUMPED THE SHADOWS in the final 1/16th.
happens all the time.
and im still in LUST with the bold ****ing move where he buried horses like SOARINGEMPIRE AND CARNIVORE with(i admit that i'm now using charts and replays, Stephen is just in the beta version w/ this shit & besides cerebral spinal fluid is nothing to gamble with).

so where tha **** are the SHADOWS?? im searching all over cursing my 240-360 estimated feed quality, and then i see it aint a shadow, It's Jose's final hard right hand(s? god don't make me rewind again) after he had already been fully extended that causes FLY DOWN to "shy-away". I am optimistic that the switch from whip-happy j.Lezcano to "Gentle John" Velazquez will be a huge benefit in the Belmont Stakes. This horse is as game as they come and if he could ever get out of the paws of a conservative hay-oats-water outfit like Zito, he'd have some real chances at stakes glory and passing on strong genes.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 08-19-2010 at 05:06 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-19-2010, 05:40 PM   #33
only11
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headbanger
Apparently your brain doesn't work much no matter what time. As has been mentioned time and time again is so very true at the meet at Saratoga more than anywhere, riders success and "winning percentage" is very much about their mounts and their opportunity more than anything at this meet. Just because Velazquez and Castellano have a flashy winning percentage doesn't mean much because Velazquez has won on numerous even money shot 2YOs for Pletcher. So while Leparoux might not be winning as much as them, he me theoretically be riding better because he may be getting better finishes out of horses who don't figure as much into a race than the mounts of Velazquez and Castellano because he's not riding horses that are as good or as live as their mounts.
Of course i understood what he meant but castellano hasnt had THE ELITE horses like most...
There isnt a better rider at the spa then Castellano..period.
only11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 08:29 AM   #34
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Going to be hard to top the last two posts in this thread.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 09:03 AM   #35
bitter

without knowing what the real issue was (if there was one to begin with), do you think he put his best effort in trying to win that race? thats why i understand how some people feel cheated, it simply looks like he fell asleep at the wheel, and when the chalk got near he tried to pick the horse back up.
i had no dog in the hunt, but if i did i would feel as though the jock didn't put his best foot forward in trying to hold on and win that race. unless the horse has some sort of problems (physically), really no excuse not to ride out to the finish, unless you're kent d.
Old 08-20-2010, 09:35 AM   #36
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bitter
without knowing what the real issue was (if there was one to begin with), do you think he put his best effort in trying to win that race? thats why i understand how some people feel cheated, it simply looks like he fell asleep at the wheel, and when the chalk got near he tried to pick the horse back up.
i had no dog in the hunt, but if i did i would feel as though the jock didn't put his best foot forward in trying to hold on and win that race. unless the horse has some sort of problems (physically), really no excuse not to ride out to the finish, unless you're kent d.
Sometimes people should use logic and reason.

The winning purse was $31,200 and second place was $10,400. Do you really think that he prefered to take home 5% of $10,400 ($520) over 10% of $31,200 ($3,120)? Or do you really think prior to the race that he knew his 18-1 shot was going to be in a position to win nearing the wire, and that he had set up some betting coup that required that his horse finish second? So now that we've ruled out those two options based on common sense, the only option left, outside of doing the best he could whether or not that means being human and making a mistake, is that he was taking care of the horse. Taking care of the horse may be at odds with betting sometimes, but there's no rational argument for not taking care of the horse. Besides, what hurts one bettor helps another.
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 09:56 AM   #37
bitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Sometimes people should use logic and reason.

The winning purse was $31,200 and second place was $10,400. Do you really think that he prefered to take home 5% of $10,400 ($520) over 10% of $31,200 ($3,120)? Or do you really think prior to the race that he knew his 18-1 shot was going to be in a position to win nearing the wire, and that he had set up some betting coup that required that his horse finish second?
So now that we've ruled out those two options based on common sense, the only option left, outside of doing the best he could whether or not that means being human and making a mistake, is that he was taking care of the horse. Taking care of the horse may be at odds with betting sometimes, but there's no rational argument for not taking care of the horse. Besides, what hurts one bettor helps another.
you should probably use some logic as well, b/c never did i suggest this was some sort of coup or fix.

if you're gonna take care of the horse fine, but why try and shake the reins when you're getting passed? im sure people have less of a problem coming to grips with the horse being out of gas or taken care of, its the fact that he look like he fell asleep is what i and others have a problem with.

as far as your last sentance goes, it offers zero logic or excuse
Old 08-20-2010, 11:26 AM   #38
snoadog

Has anyone ever thought: "Jeez did that jock have to urge his horse that hard?..... Was it really necessary for him to win by 20 lengths?"
snoadog is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2010, 12:11 PM   #39
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
Going to be hard to top the last two posts in this thread.
it's hard got dam work
Old 08-21-2010, 10:46 AM   #40
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer
long story - plz skip

so THIS YEAR im watching this important well meant filly run
and she a lookin GOOD -
CLEARS THE FIELD bold move
Opens up EASILY
and in the final 1/16th she jumps the damn shadows and changes leads.
No big deal. END OF STORY. STOP READING. I'M SERIOUS.

I was watching this I believe 3yo filly(i believe... (it could be a f'n colt for Gordon Gekko's sake) hard for a total recall of any random of my thousands of live watch list horses dispersed in 200 horse-limit sectors without so much as a search function (time to take it offline?? and do it myself?)...
[sidenote: how do horseplayers recal the darndest SPECIFIC details? it's uncanny at times we know the weather that day we hit the big tri and maybe the teller we bought it from where we were sitting...]

holy shit!
- either ginkgo and caffeine broke a blood clot broke loose (in the right direction for GG's sake) or these experimental Hawking1 neuro-capillary systems are actually starting to work...

i'm watching the MFing Dwyer Stakes and FLY DOWN (P.S. he's a lock for the Belmont if you haven't heard (lol P.P.S. don't tell those idiots who think ASSBOX did any running at all in KYD)) [forgive if I'm a bit behind calendar dating]

so I'm watching FLY DOWN in the DWYER and w/ everything Zito has put into him (training, i'm talking training boys c'mon)

and I see where he JUMPED THE SHADOWS in the final 1/16th.
happens all the time.
and im still in LUST with the bold ****ing move where he buried horses like SOARINGEMPIRE AND CARNIVORE with(i admit that i'm now using charts and replays, Stephen is just in the beta version w/ this shit & besides cerebral spinal fluid is nothing to gamble with).

so where tha **** are the SHADOWS?? im searching all over cursing my 240-360 estimated feed quality, and then i see it aint a shadow, It's Jose's final hard right hand(s? god don't make me rewind again) after he had already been fully extended that causes FLY DOWN to "shy-away". I am optimistic that the switch from whip-happy j.Lezcano to "Gentle John" Velazquez will be a huge benefit in the Belmont Stakes. This horse is as game as they come and if he could ever get out of the paws of a conservative hay-oats-water outfit like Zito, he'd have some real chances at stakes glory and passing on strong genes.
Are you off your meds or something?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2010, 12:16 PM   #41
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Are you off your meds or something?
c'mon

ch'mon!!

ch'mon!! C!

take out your samurai sword and shave my butt