Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 4.50 average.
Old 04-12-2014, 07:32 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The guy is a ****ing right wing nut-job... pay to use the land just like everyone else or get the hell off of it. Not paying, because of some BS excuse, to help support Federal and/or State land while your cows get fat off of it is about as un-American as you can get IMO.
Funny this guy is a citizen, yet the same government allows millions of illegals to do the exact same thing.

If cows could vote, there be no problem here.

This is about as AMERICAN as you can get - stand up to evil abusinve governments. IT is very TP of him.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:03 PM   #17
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Funny this guy is a citizen, yet the same government allows millions of illegals to do the exact same thing.

If cows could vote, there be no problem here.

This is about as AMERICAN as you can get - stand up to evil abusinve governments. IT is very TP of him.
Your comparison is completely irrelevant to the situation at hand.

Apparently you have never camped on Federal or State land because you will be charged a fee. Those fee's go to preservation and maintainence of the land. I would know I spend a lot of my free time on those lands and am involved in several different organizations including Michigan Conservation Reserve Program, Pheasants Forever, the Michigan Ruffed Grouse Society, and several others. Unlike you I understand what happens to land that isn't maintained by the people that use it. I live a very short distance from two state game areas that are dumps... I'm not saying that as a joke... they are literally dumps where people toss their trash. Consequently, they are actually closing one to the public this year.

This guy is nothing but a taker. If he actually cared about the land his family has supposedly been using since the 1870's he should be happy to pay to ensure its maintained and protected... But no... Only when his cattle are confiscated off of taxpayer land he is trying to fatten his pockets with does he pitch a fit.

As far as I am concerned this guy is exploiting land I put my time, money, and sweat into... then to top it all off has the gall to call anyone who doesn't take his side un-American...

Like I said we can agree to disagree on this one but my previous comment stands... **** this guy.
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2014, 08:11 PM   #18
fast4522

That is OK, every day prices inch up and soon many of these liberals will be eating dog food out of the can instead of steak. With hyperinflation in full swing is the best time to sell these folks down the river, they have piss running down their leg now with the mid term election in November. Without the cattle the land becomes baron, that is a proven fact. Beef prices have never been lower yee enlightened ones, wait till next year when the liberal specials flood your local supermarkets.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-12-2014, 08:36 PM   #19
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4522
That is OK, every day prices inch up and soon many of these liberals will be eating dog food out of the can instead of steak. With hyperinflation in full swing is the best time to sell these folks down the river, they have piss running down their leg now with the mid term election in November. Without the cattle the land becomes baron, that is a proven fact. Beef prices have never been lower yee enlightened ones, wait till next year when the liberal specials flood your local supermarkets.
This has nothing... literally nothing... to do with liberals and republicans as much as you want it to.

It has to do with a guy back in 1993 refusing to pay $1.35 per cow/calf pair per month to use government maintained land to feed his cash crop. After over 20 years and countless court rulings the government finally decided to confiscate the property of someone knowingly breaking the law.
Old 04-12-2014, 08:44 PM   #20
fast4522

Mmmm. . . .

Makes 6-8 Servings, with some meat left over
ingredients
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
5 pound rump of beef
2 or 3 tablespoons fat or oil
2 onions, sliced, or 10-12 small white onions, peeled
1 or 2 carrots, scraped and cubed
Herbs and other seasonings as desired
1 cup liquid (wine, bouillon, tomatoes, vegetable broth, etc.)
Other vegetables as desired
preparation

Season the flour with the salt and pepper and pound the mixture into the meat with the edge of a plate. Brown meat on all sides in the hot fat or oil. Add the onions, cover and cook over low heat 10 minutes. Add the carrots, herbs, seasonings and liquid. Cover tightly and simmer 3 1/2 - 5 hours, until meat is fork tender. Add desired vegetables during the last 20 or 30 minutes.

Pot Roast Variations

1. For part of the liquid, use a 10-ounce can (1 1/3 cups) of puréed tomatoes. For seasoning, add 1 tablespoon minced parsley or dill. When the meat has been removed from the pan, add 1 cup sour cream to the sauce.

2. For the liquid, use 3/4 cup dry white wine, 2 tablespoons brandy or rum, and 1 tablespoon chili sauce. For seasoning, add 4-6 coriander seeds and 12 peppercorns.

3. For the liquid, use 1/2 cup syrup from canned fruit, 2 tablespoons vinegar, 1/2 cup water, 1 beef bouillon cube. For seasoning, add a pinch of powdered fennel and a teaspoon of minced dill.

4. For the liquid, use half dry vermouth, half chicken bouillon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg potroast.jpg (105.0 KB, 114 views)
Old 04-13-2014, 12:37 AM   #21
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

That picture......DAMN YOU!
Now I gotta get dressed and head out to Denny's at 12:35 am!!!!
Old 04-13-2014, 05:26 AM   #22
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
That picture......DAMN YOU!
Now I gotta get dressed and head out to Denny's at 12:35 am!!!!
I have made it very similar to that recipe but when its cold out its all about the gravy and my families recipe would crush this one. Couple of major missing ingredients are cream of mushroom soup, french onion soup mix, A1, and Worcester sauce.
Old 04-13-2014, 10:26 PM   #23
DJofSD
Screw PC

"Blazing Saddles" land snatching?

Harry Reid was trying to appropriate the land for a $5BB solar project?
Old 04-14-2014, 10:22 AM   #24
chrisl

Funny: Cattle can not graze feds land, but illegals sure can. Where is that militia attitude on ours borders? Tards
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2014, 05:20 PM   #25
davew

I suspect we are not getting the entire story, but what they want us to hear. Is this land actually state owned and BLM managed or federal owned? Is there really an endangered turtle on this land somewhere? Is there really a proposed solar project getting slowed because of cattle in area?
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-14-2014, 05:35 PM   #26
DJofSD
Screw PC

I believe when Nevada was formed as a state, a lot of the land was ceded to the federal government.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:18 PM   #27
elysiantraveller

Federal owned and managed by the BLM. If it was state owned it would be managed by the Nevada DNR or whatever equivalent they have over there.

The whole solar project is a joke unless you believe Alex Jones.

Last edited by elysiantraveller; 04-14-2014 at 08:20 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #28
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl
Funny: Cattle can not graze feds land, but illegals sure can. Where is that militia attitude on ours borders? Tards
Illegals eat grass? Send some my way my mower is on the fritz.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:14 AM   #29
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller

It has to do with a guy back in 1993 refusing to pay $1.35 per cow/calf pair per month to use government maintained land to feed his cash crop. After over 20 years and countless court rulings the government finally decided to confiscate the property of someone knowingly breaking the law.
There are two sides to every story, including this one. I certainly don't know all the facts. There is no doubt in my mind that Bundy is breaking the law. But I have seen evidence that he may be justified. This country was founded on certain principles, including the need to refuse to comply with unjust laws. Here is one take on the situation.

Quote:
First, it must be admitted that legally, Bundy doesn’t have a leg to stand on. The Bureau of Land Management has been charging him grazing fees since the early 1990s, which he has refused to pay. Further, BLM has issued orders limiting the area on which Bundy’s cows can graze and the number that can graze, and Bundy has ignored those directives. As a result, BLM has sued Bundy twice in federal court, and won both cases. In the second, more recent action, Bundy’s defense is that the federal government doesn’t own the land in question and therefore has no authority to regulate grazing. That simply isn’t right; the land, like most of Nevada, is federally owned. Bundy is representing himself, of necessity: no lawyer could make that argument.

That being the case, why does Bundy deserve our sympathy? To begin with, his family has been ranching on the acres at issue since the late 19th century. They and other settlers were induced to come to Nevada in part by the federal government’s promise that they would be able to graze their cattle on adjacent government-owned land. For many years they did so, with no limitations or fees. The Bundy family was ranching in southern Utah long before the BLM came into existence.

Over the last two or three decades, the Bureau has squeezed the ranchers in southern Nevada by limiting the acres on which their cattle can graze, reducing the number of cattle that can be on federal land, and charging grazing fees for the ever-diminishing privilege. The effect of these restrictions has been to drive the ranchers out of business. Formerly, there were dozens of ranches in the area where Bundy operates. Now, his ranch is the only one. When Bundy refused to pay grazing fees beginning in around 1993, he said something to the effect of, they are supposed to be charging me a fee for managing the land and all they are doing is trying to manage me out of business. Why should I pay them for that?
I see evidence there that the government is screwing people over and breaking promises. Hmm, deja vu of earlier inhabitants of the west?
Old 04-15-2014, 05:58 AM   #30
fast4522

For the time being I am ignoring some aspects and would suggest that these SOB's are at every instant sticking it to the middle class. That being said what I think is resonating with the public is there is someone fighting back finally. Granted in the end they will be crushed but for today they back off because bad moves will send them into pure hell come November. Notice the same joc taking position here with the Harry Reid sides, like the ACA topic. Between break time, and lunch time, and November time there has to be some racing time so I might take a few days off for some serious handicapping for the KD and summer racing not to duck posts here.