Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-11-2023, 05:51 PM   #61
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

For you, it wouldn't be.
And YOU are hardly qualified to judge the Pope.
What, is Youtube running low on fake videos?

*poof*
Old 12-11-2023, 06:04 PM   #62
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
For you, it wouldn't be.

*poof*
I'm unique in that I have perspective from both sides of the Bible...so yeah...I kinda do qualify...maybe even more than you.

But this isn't a competition.

But keep insulting me...it's fun
Old 12-11-2023, 06:58 PM   #63
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
Having the power does not mean you aren't doing the work of Satan (assuming you believe in God and Satan).
Mel Gibson said that, not me.

And I don’t believe there is a god…or satan
Old 12-11-2023, 08:48 PM   #64
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

I was responding to this.

Quote:
Papal supremacy grants him the power to dismiss anyone in holy orders.
He does have the power to do what he's doing. That doesn't mean what he's doing is right. He's doing exactly what the left is doing in America politically using the media and high tech. He's not only censoring people that disagree with him. He's basically eliminating them from the Church. I would see that as intrinsically immoral and evil even if I agreed with him on all the issues.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 12-11-2023 at 08:51 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2023, 06:21 AM   #65
Richie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post

your going to meet them some day
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-12-2023, 04:46 PM   #66
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie View Post
your going to meet them some day
No, I won’t.

You won’t either.
Old 12-12-2023, 05:22 PM   #67
thaskalos

People are strange...

Put a "WET PAINT" sign on a newly painted park bench, and people don't believe you and they touch the wet paint in order to see for themselves.

Tell the same people that there is an invisible old man with a long white beard who is sitting somewhere up in the sky, keeping score of all their "sins"...and they will believe you sight unseen, without any hesitation.

Last edited by thaskalos; 12-12-2023 at 05:24 PM.
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2023, 10:35 AM   #68
classhandicapper

https://www.lifesitenews.com/news/ar...lown-apostasy/

Vigano not holding back at all

Quote:
His Excellency made similar remarks in his “Vitium Consensus” message on October 1. At the time, Viganò argued that Catholics should consider the possibility that Jorge Bergoglio obtained the office of the papacy with a “criminal intention” to “carry out a coup d’état within the Church and bring the prophet of the Antichrist to the Throne of Peter.” He doubled down on those remarks Saturday by mentioning that a “Luciferian intelligence” is at work.

Quote:
“We know that John Podesta was working on behalf of Hillary Clinton and Obama – and the globalist elite in general – to promote a ‘colored revolution’ within the Church that was supposed to oust Benedict XVI from the papacy, elect an ultra-progressive pope, and substantially modify the Catholic Magisterium by making it accept the demands of the Agenda 2030: gender equality, the introduction of gender ideology and LGBTQ+ doctrine, the democratization of Church governance, collaboration in the neo-Malthusian project of the Great Reset, cooperation on immigrationism, and cancel culture,” he stated.

“It seems clear to me that this subversive project has found perfect realization in the appointment of Bergoglio – and I use the word ‘appointment’ deliberately – and that it is confirmed by his consistent pattern of acts of governance and magisterial teaching, both public and private, over the course of this most inauspicious decade.”

Quote:
“The consensus and support for the Argentine Jesuit comes significantly from the ultra-progressive and pro-heretical wing that sponsored his election: all notorious members of the deep church and closely-linked to the homosexual and pedophile lobby of the deep state.”
Old 12-15-2023, 10:42 AM   #69
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
Put a "WET PAINT" sign on a newly painted park bench, and people don't believe you and they touch the wet paint in order to see for themselves.

Tell the same people that there is an invisible old man with a long white beard who is sitting somewhere up in the sky, keeping score of all their "sins"...and they will believe you sight unseen, without any hesitation.
In the first case they believe it was once wet, but are checking to see if it is still wet.

In the second case they consider Biblical testimony of miracles and communication followed by claims of more modern miracles (like Fatima and Lourdes) as evidence of God. They also have deeply intuitive convictions that there must be something going on beyond our senses and understanding because the scientific view is obviously nonsensical. It's not all some cosmic accident. Something is going beyond our comprehension.
Old 12-18-2023, 09:05 AM   #70
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2023, 10:28 AM   #71
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
For you, it wouldn't be.

*poof*
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2023, 02:25 PM   #72
porchy44

Pope publishes

The Pope only confirmed individuals in same sex relationships could be blessed, not the relationships themselves.

Pope will bless gay people but no gay union.

Difference between pastoral blessing and sacramental blessing. The Church's teaching on marriage has not changed.M aking an effort to accompany people through the imparting of pastoral blessings because each of us needs God’s healing love and mercy in our lives.”

Last edited by porchy44; 12-18-2023 at 02:33 PM.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-18-2023, 06:06 PM   #73
classhandicapper

Serious issue I'm totally ignorant about.

I was raised Catholic.

I still consider myself Christian, but no longer consider myself Catholic. I can't support the Catholic Church anymore. I am still considering which Christian religion most closely matches my views. When I decide, is there anything I have to do other than officially proclaim than I am now XYX and attend those masses if I want to go to church?
Old 12-18-2023, 09:20 PM   #74
thaskalos

Quote:

I was raised Catholic.

I still consider myself Christian, but no longer consider myself Catholic. I can't support the Catholic Church anymore. I am still considering which Christian religion most closely matches my views. When I decide, is there anything I have to do other than officially proclaim than I am now XYX and attend those masses if I want to go to church?
To whom do you intend to proclaim that "you are now XYX"?
Old 12-19-2023, 06:13 AM   #75
fast4522

Quote:

I was raised Catholic.

I started out as Catholic but even at 4 the earliest memory I did not want to be a Catholic. My Mom made the law that I would go to church but it did have to be only one church in my life, I got to try more than a few. Around 4 or 5 years old I set out to go to different places of worship with the help of the Law (my Mom) and neighbors who I went with. Around the same time in my life I was taught kindness with the first lesson about others and what they believed in religion to not question what worked in other homes. Many lessons about kindness followed during the years as I got older. So I have to credit my Mom and yes the church for lessons in kindness. It seems the main reason so many are broken people today for not been given these lessons early on. To many I say find the church that you feel has the kindest people and the one you feel good about being in. To criticize the church and those in it just shows who is more broken than the rest.

Last edited by fast4522; 12-19-2023 at 06:15 AM.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply