Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 10:08 AM   #16
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
wait till mon. and tues when hrtv show "horse auctions" and all BUT horse races and the tracks.
Make that Sunday and Monday. Is there really any important racing you want to watch on Sunday and Monday nights at 7:00pm?
Fager Fan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2010, 10:10 AM   #17
Shelby

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTM Al
I would just be happy to be able to have both.
ME TOO!
Shelby is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2010, 10:14 AM   #18
Fager Fan
Veteran

I always preferred HRTV to TVG. TVG comes across as actively trying to sell California racing, Pick 6s, and now Betfair (have you seen how they're putting up Betfair odds now alongside our odds?). HRTV also has the more knowledgable and less irritating (though dry) commentators. TVG hires people due to their looks instead of their knowledge.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:36 PM   #19
Fingal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
I always preferred HRTV to TVG. TVG comes across as actively trying to sell California racing, Pick 6s, and now Betfair (have you seen how they're putting up Betfair odds now alongside our odds?). HRTV also has the more knowledgeable and less irritating (though dry) commentators. TVG hires people due to their looks instead of their knowledge.
I have noticed the Betfair odds too- Part of what anyone watches or listens to has to do with how how the commentators manner of speech come across. For example, since both carry the NYRA races I was flipping back & forth for the pre race commentary of the Personal Ensign. The tone of HRTV was easier to take than the hype of TVG, but to watch the race I turned to TVG because while it's the same NYRA signal, for some reason it's better to watch on TVG. Both them have on air talent that are easy to take, some that are eh.......& some that are irritating.

If both TVG & HRTV show the Oak Tree races again, I'll be watching HRTV because-

1. HRTV shows the track feed. Period. No flipping, no angles. I guess HRTV feels that if it's good enough for the on track bettor, it's good enough for them.
2. HRTV shows & leaves up the internal fractions, while TVG
evidently doesn't believe they are important & haphazadly shows them if at all.
Fingal is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #20
tubesockshakur

i have both thru u verse, TVG is a joke. those a holes get a good laugh out of tough beats.......i guess they dont know people wager REAL $$.
tubesockshakur is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2010, 08:35 PM   #21
thespaah

Quote:
I always preferred HRTV to TVG. TVG comes across as actively trying to sell California racing, Pick 6s, and now Betfair (have you seen how they're putting up Betfair odds now alongside our odds?). HRTV also has the more knowledgable and less irritating (though dry) commentators. TVG hires people due to their looks instead of their knowledge.
Yes.. I agree wiht your assessment that TVG is most defintiely California racing biased.
Now some can refute that by stating TVG did have people at Mth for their meet. That's fine. 3 days per week. The rest of the week, TVG pumps up Cali racing as thought no other racing exists. And to watch these guys breathlessly fawning over Del Mar is almost as bad as the star gazers trying to get a view as the celebs hit the red carpet outside of the Oscars venue...Sheesh.. Take it easy guys. Bring it down an octave. It's a race meet....
thespaah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2010, 08:48 PM   #22
ldiatone

Quote:
Make that Sunday and Monday. Is there really any important racing you want to watch on Sunday and Monday nights at 7:00pm?
to me, yes, mnr races both on sun and mon night and pha. since monday is my day off when i play.

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2010, 08:53 PM   #23
ldiatone

Quote:
also do you really REALLY want to watch "how to train a Mustang"???

and now in Lancaster, CA.
ldiatone is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM   #24
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldiatone
to me, yes, mnr races both on sun and mon night and pha. since monday is my day off when i play.
Sorry about Mountaineer then. I enjoy the few times they show the auctions but could watch it online just as well.
Old 09-07-2010, 11:31 PM   #25
Wingtips

TVG sucks O'Neill's toes.
Wingtips is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2010, 12:15 AM   #26
Wickel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelby
ME TOO!
Ditto here.
Wickel is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2010, 09:29 PM   #27
WJ47

I love TVG. I could never get used to HRTV. I understand that the TVG personalities annoy some people, but I'm entertained by them. I think their comments are funny. I don't bet their picks, but I do enjoy hearing their analysis.

I am always suprised when I hear how many people hate TVG. I guess I must be simple-minded. I remember the first time I watched TVG when we got Dish; I couldn't believe that I could just watch horse racing on television all day! It was amazing to me!

My only problem with TVG is their constant belly rubbing of shady trainers like O'Neill.
WJ47 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2010, 09:38 PM   #28
Bullet Plane

I prefer TVG - more entertaining - the production is much better.

ON the other hand, HRTV has more Euro-racing, more special programming, and a few commentators I like such as Millie Ball, and Jeff Siegal, and Pincay is good too.

Glad I get them both. Slight nod to TVG.
Bullet Plane is offline   Reply With Quote Reply