Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-20-2020, 08:36 PM   #16
RunForTheRoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebart View Post
It's worth pointing out that the NY Post is not liberal, lefty or anti-Trump. It is, in fact, pretty much a right wing rag that never misses a chance to take a shot at Democrats. It is owned by the Murdoch clan.

Back to critical thinking. Think about the Goodyear story. Someone in Goodyear publishes what appears to be a poorly thought out list of acceptable and unacceptable phrases or topics employees can wear at work inside its facilities.

Trump, or one of his flunkies, see the opportunity to fire-up many of those angry white folks you love it when Trump stirs stuff up. So, like Pavlov's dog he grabs the Twitter machine and starts posting calls for a boycott of a major American corporation.

Is this what a sensible or normal president would do? Wouldn't a real president, if he (or she) chose to do anything at all, likely call up the top CEO at Goodyear and inquire what this is all about? Wouldn't it make more sense to calm down the waters on all sides, rather than stir crap up?

But, that is not Donald Trump's style. His game is to incite and create tension and rally up as many of his amen chorus has he can. Meanwhile, if sales numbers at Goodyear really dive, you can feel good while thousands of American workers have an increased risk of getting laid off. All so Big Boss Don and gain a few brownie points.
Oh please, you sound like such an idiot. What is the NY Times? A left wing rag? And what did you think of their 1619 bullshit? Riling up simpleton minorities? Mau mauing the flak catchers? That is the 2020 reality.

the Democrap Party is aces at riling up and playing the division card. How dare you pretend that it is not?

The Bart-Total fake Phony fraud.

Last edited by RunForTheRoses; 08-20-2020 at 08:38 PM.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-20-2020, 09:24 PM   #17
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
It's worth pointing out that the NY Post is not liberal, lefty or anti-Trump. It is, in fact, pretty much a right wing rag that never misses a chance to take a shot at Democrats. It is owned by the Murdoch clan.

Back to critical thinking. Think about the Goodyear story. Someone in Goodyear publishes what appears to be a poorly thought out list of acceptable and unacceptable phrases or topics employees can wear at work inside its facilities.

Trump, or one of his flunkies, see the opportunity to fire-up many of those angry white folks you love it when Trump stirs stuff up. So, like Pavlov's dog he grabs the Twitter machine and starts posting calls for a boycott of a major American corporation.

Is this what a sensible or normal president would do? Wouldn't a real president, if he (or she) chose to do anything at all, likely call up the top CEO at Goodyear and inquire what this is all about? Wouldn't it make more sense to calm down the waters on all sides, rather than stir crap up?

But, that is not Donald Trump's style. His game is to incite and create tension and rally up as many of his amen chorus has he can. Meanwhile, if sales numbers at Goodyear really dive, you can feel good while thousands of American workers have an increased risk of getting laid off. All so Big Boss Don and gain a few brownie points.
He said "white."

Heh heh...heh heh heh...heh heh
Old 08-20-2020, 10:00 PM   #18
Thebart

Interesting comments

Riling up simpleton minorities? Mau mauing the flak catchers" Now there's the comment of a real intellectual giant.

This is typical Trump-right wing style attack. Change the topic, bring in comments totally unrelated to the issue at hand. My point is that what Trump did was un-presidential and typical of his "stir it up to piss off his base."

You know it, I know it, and frankly, the American people know it too.

Maybe you could educate me. Exactly what is a "maul mauling and a flak catcher.?
Thebart is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 11:16 AM   #19
GMB@BP

Quote:

I dont like the whole boycott thing, never have and its a cheap tactic...this is the first time i can really recall it coming from the right. I hope its the last.

However this thought control that is now being displayed by employers for their own personal agenda is deeply concerning.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 11:25 AM   #20
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
I dont like the whole boycott thing, never have and its a cheap tactic...this is the first time i can really recall it coming from the right. I hope its the last.

However this thought control that is now being displayed by employers for their own personal agenda is deeply concerning.
So isn't this a double standard GMB? On one hand, you say "its a cheap tactic by the right" and hope it never happens again. Next you say its "thought control by the employer and its "deeply concerning".

So should they (employers) be called our for their thought control or do you wish no one calls them out?
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #21
jimmyb

Hit 'em in the pocketbook works.

Goodyear Says 'Blue Lives Matter' Ban a Mistake After Trump Boycott Call

https://www.newsweek.com/goodyear-bo...matter-1526659
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 04:09 PM   #22
ElKabong

Quote:

I respect your opinion. But as individuals we have only 2 legal ways to voice our opinion in this society

Our vote
Our pocketbook

IMO that's how you create change. Nothing wrong with exercising your rights in a civil manner.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 04:40 PM   #23
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Schools n College are much worse.

From the morning till night it’s a constant drum beat.

Typical teenager gets up and heads to school for 7 hours of indoctrination. Goes to after school sports etc and gets a blue ribbon or trophy for participation. Comes home, watches sitcoms with a lefty bent. Goes to bed, has been in and out of YouTube all day long (where conservative voices are blocked) while texting his friends. Fires up Twitter n Facebook before sleep and gets the same left bend. Wakes up, starts over
Old 08-21-2020, 04:56 PM   #24
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Schools n College are much worse.

From the morning till night it’s a constant drum beat.

Typical teenager gets up and heads to school for 7 hours of indoctrination. Goes to after school sports etc and gets a blue ribbon or trophy for participation. Comes home, watches sitcoms with a lefty bent. Goes to bed, has been in and out of YouTube all day long (where conservative voices are blocked) while texting his friends. Fires up Twitter n Facebook before sleep and gets the same left bend. Wakes up, starts over
Not all schools

My wife teaches at a Charter school. Any hyper liberal or conservative chatting by a teacher to a classroom is dealt with immediately

She LOVES teaching there, 3 days a week in a "university method" school. The school is located in a former church but isn't affiliated w/ one.

The school has zero tolerance for plagiarism, cursing, lying, or disrespect towards teachers, staff, students. HUGE difference from her former campus

Last year she had a kid that lied to another teacher (forgot the details), the Principal was called in. Kid fessed up to the lie, as if "ok, what are ya gonna do about it". Principal calls his mom on the spot and tells her when she "picks up the student, he will have his belongings w/ him. He's been expelled per violation of the rules found in the Student Handbook you signed before enrolling"

Needless to say the faculty loves teaching there. The atmosphere is all about learning and proper attitude. Our chess classes there after school the last 2 years..., the kids were SO far above what we normally see in attitude and desire to learn

Public schools, tho… you're right on
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 08-21-2020 at 04:59 PM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 05:34 PM   #25
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Yep......I was not speaking of charter/private schools
Old 08-21-2020, 06:13 PM   #26
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
I

Firestone will pick up the slack,

THAT is how capitalism works.
Try it sometime.
Old 08-21-2020, 07:09 PM   #27
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtothegame View Post
So isn't this a double standard GMB? On one hand, you say "its a cheap tactic by the right" and hope it never happens again. Next you say its "thought control by the employer and its "deeply concerning".

So should they (employers) be called our for their thought control or do you wish no one calls them out?
I think there are better ways to get things done rather than a tit for tat kind of thing.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-21-2020, 07:13 PM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

I’m a Bridgestone guy but have bought Goodyear many times.

Not anymore
Old 08-24-2020, 09:05 PM   #29
horses4courses

Need new shoes?

chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-24-2020, 10:56 PM   #30
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Firestone will pick up the slack,

THAT is how capitalism works.
Try it sometime.
Bridgestone, which owns Firestone, is a Japanese company. This must be part of Trump's master plan to bring back jobs and profits back to America, he said sarcastically.

If Obama had called for a boycott of a major American company....

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply