Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 09-11-2020, 11:33 AM   #1
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Sports dropping like a rock?

https://hotair.com/archives/ed-morri...g-pharma-feds/

Read em and weep
Old 09-11-2020, 05:58 PM   #2
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Major league sports and their athletes, thru ignorance and arrogance, mistakenly believe they possess the power, when in reality, it is we the consumer who possess the power.

When one fails to understand and meet the needs of their customers, there is only one logical outcome, and that is the loss of revenue needed to sustain and even grow the business. Losses may be light and even unrecognizable at first, but eventually actions have consequences.

IMO the initial drops in viewership and popularity, if acknowledged at all, will be conveniently blamed on the pandemic, rather than folks who are fed up with all the in-your-face social justice causes which call you racist or label you a bad person if you don't support it.

Given that things are not likely to change anytime soon, it will be interesting to look back at all the major league sports leagues in 3-5 years to see how much if any that viewership has been impacted by then.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-11-2020, 11:58 PM   #3
ElKabong

It's not just the pros. I'm a college football junkie who's about to jump off the bandwagon. Since 1963 I've been glued in each Saturday. At first it was SMU or TCU games locally, then trips to Austin and Lubbock later on. The weeks I didn't see a live game, I watched Chris Schenkel and Bud Wilkinson call the game of the week.

Not anymore. A UT drum major stated the Eyes of Texas was rooted in racism (or some shit, from 100+ years ago). GTFOOH, now a band member is calling a race angle?? If that was the case why did you enroll?

Dumbass

I doubt I'll watch our game Saturday, the whole racial thing has turned me off. Coaches, admin, the fn band.... I'm out. Let me know when you've grown up and MAYBE I'll come back
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2020, 11:52 AM   #4
stuball

stocks

any investments in communication stocks would be foolhardy right now as sports of all kinds pro - college whatever are not the cash cow for them.. this has to hurt and hurt bad and will get worse as advertisers realize the audiences are not tuning in to be brainwashed.... if they keep overpaying the almight bottom line will suffer mightily. keep informed
stuball is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-12-2020, 01:05 PM   #5
GMB@BP

Some of this is the seasons being cancelled, but a lot more of this is blow back over the BLM and protests which are not intertwined in sports.

I dont know why it would be hard to understand that the majority of the people just live their lives and treat people right, they have tough times just like everyone else, being constantly reminded that somehow you are personally to blame, and thats what it feels like, for 3000 years of racial issues is not what we tune into a football game for,

They can take any stand they want, voice any position they want, no issues there, I just dont need to be bombarded with it hour after hour, and especially when I am trying to relax.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 05:00 PM   #6
elhelmete

By skipping the first 5 minutes of the broadcast...non-game time...so much can be avoided.

I have said for a few years now that sports is in a bubble of sorts. Gambling will help it keep going, but so much of the rest of it is and has been bloated for a while now, 100% non-BLM related.
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-13-2020, 06:31 PM   #7
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhelmete View Post
By skipping the first 5 minutes of the broadcast...non-game time...so much can be avoided.

I have said for a few years now that sports is in a bubble of sorts. Gambling will help it keep going, but so much of the rest of it is and has been bloated for a while now, 100% non-BLM related.
Used to be you could skip the first 58 minutes of any Bills game.
They would lose in the last 2 minutes every week.
Old 09-13-2020, 09:58 PM   #8
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Used to be you could skip the first 58 minutes of any Bills game.
They would lose in the last 2 minutes every week.
Bazinga!