Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-20-2020, 11:45 AM   #916
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Actually the main benefit of wearing a mask in slowing the contagion, is to prevent you from giving it to me.

So make sure you do wear it, or you will be sued. However, since we live 500 miles apart, it won't be by me. Unless you continue to apply your pathetic "2 Ben theories" to every topic imaginable, causing me to laugh so hard I collapse in utter disbelief and astonishment. Or if all your exhaled preposterous rambling hot air, sets fire here locally
Interesting that everyone on the left refuses to answer my question, which is why do you support abortion that kills but support mask wearing which does not kill. Shouldn't you be more consistent?
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2020, 12:15 PM   #917
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Wait a second. Haven't we been hearing about overpopulation of the planet from you and your ilk for 50 years now? It's a good thing that we're killing off humans, no? Isn't this what we've been waiting for? A global virus killing humans. We should be invited to sports and concerts to CATCH the virus, not mask up and prevent it. Who's side are you on Harry? I thought you wanted less humanity. Isn't that why you support abortion? Well, isn't this a delayed abortion? Same thing. Humans die in an abortion and with the virus. Why prevent one and promote the other.

I'm confused by your changing positions on various subjects. Where is your cohesive viewpoint? Do you not want fewer humans? Do you not support killing the unborn? Why shouldn't you support the killing of the born?
Your comment has ZERO relevance to anything I said.

Tom, this board is filled with loads of posters who prefer the ridiculous and absurd, to science, fact, logic and common sense.

The universe does not always function as we wish. When we do not understand why, we jump to ascribing an "evil or good" intelligence to disorder and randomness. Professor Murphy's "if it can go wrong it will go wrong is a more accurate explanation. The conspiracy theorist looks for a solution to his conundrum, usually imagining a covert intelligence behind a random pattern.

Experts in any field pay their dues by experience and study. Few of us here are experts on many of the topics we debate. However a basic education, and knowing who are the experts are crucial. I am sure you know running a business, managing a project in many areas, requires delegating to those with that specialized experience and expertise in an area you may not have.

When I ran the custom manufacturing facility of a small business, I would not waste my time and energy re-inventing the wheel, when I could contract out to a wheel designer.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:21 PM   #918
tucker6

Quote:
Your comment has ZERO relevance to anything I said.

Tom, this board is filled with loads of posters who prefer the ridiculous and absurd, to science, fact, logic and common sense.

The universe does not always function as we wish. When we do not understand why, we jump to ascribing an "evil or good" intelligence to disorder and randomness. Professor Murphy's "if it can go wrong it will go wrong is a more accurate explanation. The conspiracy theorist looks for a solution to his conundrum, usually imagining a covert intelligence behind a random pattern.

Experts in any field pay their dues by experience and study. Few of us here are experts on many of the topics we debate. However a basic education, and knowing who are the experts are crucial. I am sure you know running a business, managing a project in many areas, requires delegating to those with that specialized experience and expertise in an area you may not have.

When I ran the custom manufacturing facility of a small business, I would not waste my time and energy re-inventing the wheel, when I could contract out to a wheel designer.
Such a wishy washy answer to a serious question. I am asking why you are trying to save humanity when you ascribe to the fear of overpopulation. I am asking you why wearing a mask to save lives is so important when you support the killing of the unborn. Don't you think it's relevant for us to know why you support killing on the one hand and living on the other hand. Why such opposite values on similar issues? It comes across as you trying to save your own hide by having everyone wear masks, but the unborn and the rest of the world can go to hell according to Harry's calculus.
Old 07-20-2020, 12:46 PM   #919
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Oh, you mean like those who bought into the RUSSIA RUSSIA RUSSIA thing...or those who think Trump is going to quit OR not leave the WH if he loses....that kind of ridiculous and absurd? Now I understand where you are coming from.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:40 PM   #920
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Such a wishy washy answer to a serious question. I am asking why you are trying to save humanity when you ascribe to the fear of overpopulation. I am asking you why wearing a mask to save lives is so important when you support the killing of the unborn. Don't you think it's relevant for us to know why you support killing on the one hand and living on the other hand. Why such opposite values on similar issues? It comes across as you trying to save your own hide by having everyone wear masks, but the unborn and the rest of the world can go to hell according to Harry's calculus.
You're wasting your time. He will not give you a straight answer. He realizes that his two positions (on overpopulation) and now suddenly all life matters at all cost is contradictory.
Old 07-20-2020, 02:47 PM   #921
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

hcap wrote-
Quote:
But, you stand alone at the top of that hill.
WE all acknowledge your #1 status.
Old 07-22-2020, 02:15 PM   #922
Ocala Mike

Ralph, the government is considering cutting the cord on small businesses like yours in a "survival of the fittest" policy, I guess. From one cat lover to another, I sincerely hope you land on your feet, and I apologize for any earlier posts that came across negatively.

Phase 4 of stimulus looks like it will be geared to the very poor and wage slaves. Back to normal in that the middle class and small businesses are cut loose.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-22-2020, 06:41 PM   #923
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post
Ralph, the government is considering cutting the cord on small businesses like yours in a "survival of the fittest" policy, I guess. From one cat lover to another, I sincerely hope you land on your feet, and I apologize for any earlier posts that came across negatively.

Phase 4 of stimulus looks like it will be geared to the very poor and wage slaves. Back to normal in that the middle class and small businesses are cut loose.
I think your right on the next phase. I just got approval for 2 different loans via SBA this morning. I have to decide which one I want. They also gave me a 10k grant that’s already hit my account.

I haven’t decided how I’m going to use them yet. Lots of factors to consider.........

Don’t sweat the small stuff......I appreciate your apology but really not needed.

We have been closed about a week now. In the vein of “how’s it affected your life?”

I was able to work with the latest 2 rescue dogs we had and do some training before they went off for adoption. One went to Michigan a few days back, the other shipped out for Wisconsin this morning. The dog this morning was our 8th rescue in the last ten weeks. It’s tough to let them go.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg CA37AA14-C848-441B-8425-4C860D035F06.jpg (420.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 7A5D2595-AB78-4A56-A0AA-0FD5C9918182.jpg (185.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 07-23-2020, 08:24 PM   #924
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocala Mike View Post

Heard anything on retirees?
Old 07-24-2020, 06:45 AM   #925
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Heard anything on retirees?
We’re putting them into nursing homes. What could go wrong?
Old 08-01-2020, 02:24 AM   #926
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Old 08-01-2020, 05:41 PM   #927
clicknow

"Republicans in the Senate had been fighting to trim back the $600 benefit, saying it must be slashed so that people don't make more in unemployment than they would if they returned to work. "

That seems to be the popular sentiment on this board so far.

But wait!

"But their resolve weakened as the benefit expired, and Trump abruptly undercut their position by signaling he wants to keep the full $600 for now."

I don't remember any of you being in favor of that.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coron...x6a-story.html

I'll stick with my original prognositcations: Since the economy runs on consumer confidence and consumer spending, people have to have both money and confidence in order to fully participate in the economy.

Most successful people like Elon Musk realize this, as did Henry Ford.

I also said allowing covid to get out of hand here would not do much for consumer confidence. Restaurants and businesses around me aren't doing well......everything is open but people aren't going. Oh well.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 06:57 PM   #928
MONEY

What I like most about the Republican Party is that they don't play follow the leader.
That means that they disagree on lots of stuff and have to bargain within the party to come up with legislation.
That's the way it should be.

Democrats on the otherhand may sometimes clash for show on T.V.,
but when it comes to legislating they vote for whatever Nancy Pelosi tells
them to vote for.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:10 PM   #929
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
What I like most about the Republican Party is that they don't play follow the leader.
Bet they WILL follow their leader on this one.

But I'm sure regardless of what happens, or ever happens, you will have a way to justify your thinking.

If they don't agree, and others see a party who can't get on the same page, you will say "that is good!"

If they all agree, and others see a party that's in lock-step, you will say "that is good!"

I get a kick out of reading this stuff
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 07:23 PM   #930
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Bet they WILL follow their leader on this one.

But I'm sure regardless of what happens, or ever happens, you will have a way to justify your thinking.

If they don't agree, and others see a party who can't get on the same page, you will say "that is good!"

If they all agree, and others see a party that's in lock-step, you will say "that is good!"

I get a kick out of reading this stuff
It takes 60 votes in the Senate to pass legislation, the Republicans have only 53.
No legislation will pass without Democrat support.

In the House a simple majority rules and the Democrats control the house.

Whatever legislation gets inacted into law will done because of the Democrat/Pelosi vote.