Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-04-2020, 05:55 PM   #571
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by highernote View Post
This is why I love America. Can you imagine a Russian, Chinese, or N. Korean citizen posting this about their dear leaders?

https://twitter.com/TropicaliJaye/st...89663594139649
I would argue we are moving much closer to those type of countries. It is getting very dangerous to have a viewpoint that is counter to the majority narrative.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 06:01 PM   #572
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Yet we have Molotov cocktails being tossed into police vehicles
Yes, the police have 3 of them in custody now, which i already mentioned in another post. 3 Boolgaloo boys. Look it up. White right wing extremists/anarchists throwing molotovs.

You guys really don't keep an eye on what is going on very well do ya.

it's been covered by abc, nbc, wapo, las vegas review, etc.
clicknow is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 06:03 PM   #573
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
You want me to start listing them?

1. https://abc13.com/shannon-miles-plea...urder/2411748/

Anecdotal. Finer. I am questioning......
Quote:
Regarding threats to blacks from the police: A police officer is 18.5 times more likely to be killed by a black male than an unarmed black male is to be killed by a police officer.
Where did this originate?

Ralph, as an ex-cop, do you think black on black crime, or the above statement, in any way justifies what that cop did.....knee on neck till dead?
Old 06-04-2020, 06:06 PM   #574
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

Ralph, as an ex-cop, do you think black on black crime, or the above statement, in any way justifies what that cop did.....knee on neck till dead?
no one is arguing that, its the narrative that is being written that most of the damn force is evil, and thats just not the case.
Old 06-04-2020, 06:45 PM   #575
clicknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by clicknow View Post
Black leaders have come out against the rioting and what has been done to their cities. this is a disgrace. And has to stop.

But what also has to stop: I've gotten to see TWO incidents discussed of late here already, first with Ahmed Arbery, now with George Floyd, where everything starts out okay.....

..THEN the posts start coming in discrediting the victims: "Oh, he was tresspassing!". "Oh, he was resisting arrest and a drug user!."

And yet, when the video came out we had sheriffs in houston, tennesee, georgia, southern states, multiple sheriffs all denouncing what they saw during that arrest.

I watch a video where a guy was saying all this... that the excuses about streesful job doesn't cut it........that teachers in inner city schools are also under a lot of stress, but if they strangled a student, and then the superintendant held a press conference "oh we've put the teacher on admin. leave, blah blah blah BUT the student in question was known for some pretty serious incidences of bathroom graffiti and fighting on school bus".....people would go nuts. And if it happened more than once? Egads.

He said "Hey how come people don't talk about how much black people DON'T RIOT?"

And then I see that black analyst on Fox News breaking down, describing what its like to wake up every day, as a black man. "For a lot of African Americans in this country, they feel that being black is a curse. It’s a curse because before you know my name, before you know the content of my character, before you know my moral compass, I’m already considered a threat to you.”

ISN'T THIS WHAT HAPPENED TO THE BIRD WATCHER GUY IN CENTRAL PARK when that awful lady called him in to 911?

.....and there are still people saying there is no systemic racism in America.

And of course they've done themselves no good by rioting and looting....and all the right and left wing anarchists that are egging it on. they are very wrong very wrong very wrong to act like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
I say we put all white people into concentration camps. And we put all white cops into double-secret concentration camps.

There...problem sol-ved.
So what happened to the birdwatcher guy in Central Park, and everything else mentioned in my post, will be solved by a quip comment about putting everyone in concentration camps. Boy, that sure took a lot of effort on your part to respond with a "solution". I guess it's hard to come up with solutions though when one has decided it's all about some partisan election coming up in 5 months. Decades of problems, solved that way, eh? And still on-going, even though your candidate is in office now, and just making things worse, but all you can say is how bad it would be with Biden (and it will be, too, unless someone starts discussing accountability and such seriously).
Old 06-04-2020, 07:01 PM   #576
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post

You keep saying the same thing.
Everybody on Paceadvantage has agreed that what the cop did to Mr. Floyd was murder.
There is no justification for murder.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:05 PM   #577
highernote

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
You keep saying the same thing.
Everybody on Paceadvantage has agreed that what the cop did to Mr. Floyd was murder.
There is no justification for murder.
The autopsy seems to question that it was murder. So do we believe our eyes and hearts or a government report?
highernote is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 07:13 PM   #578
GMB@BP

Quote:
The autopsy seems to question that it was murder. So do we believe our eyes and hearts or a government report?
even if there were underlying causes the cop caused the death and let him die, thats murder in my book.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:14 PM   #579
clicknow

Quote:
I'll take the opinion of the multiple southern Sheriffs in Houston, Tenn, Georgia who denounced the "actions" of the officers in this case.

Some do not realize that EVEN IF Floyd did not die, the actions of the officer was totally unacceptable and has been denounced by countless other law enforcement members.z

They didn't need an autopsy report to see that.

Last edited by clicknow; 06-04-2020 at 07:15 PM.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #580
Marshall Bennett

In either case, the trial should be interesting if it goes that for. Whatever the verdict, anything short of death will ignite more riots and looting. Minnesota has no death penalty.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #581
Ocala Mike

Quote:

If it's not covered by Fox, OAN, or Limbaugh, won't be seen by many here.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-04-2020, 07:21 PM   #582
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Theres not much to say to someone who denies there is any systemic racism in the U.S. You must have a lot invested in keeping that opinion, so I'll leave you to it.
Racism, yes.
Systematic - prove it.
We elected a BLACK president, so I'll leave you to your dreams.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:23 PM   #583
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

So was RUSSIAN Collusion......
Old 06-04-2020, 07:26 PM   #584
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The white man who killed 9 black people in cold blood during a religious meeting in a South Carolina church wasn't due to systemic racism?
No, it was due one madman.
Do you think he got permission for the Board of Racists to do that shooting?

MY GOD, man.......think.
Old 06-04-2020, 07:31 PM   #585
Ocala Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post

no one is arguing that, its the narrative that is being written that most of the damn force is evil, and thats just not the case.

My older brother was "on the job" in NYC for 20 years (rough districts, the 81st in Bed-Stuy and the 110th in Queens). I watched his personality deteriorate to the point where I didn't know him when he retired, and we became almost estranged. The stress of being a cop contributed to his early death at the age of only 55.

When he died, I was the executor of his estate, and one of his so-called "buds in blue" stole his leased car so I couldn't turn it in. I got one of those repo guys to find it, though. I remember having to find his guns (he had a carry permit because he had a private security business) to turn them in to the Property Bureau.
Ocala Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply