Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-28-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
rwwupl

Update to TOC decertification (Ca.)

Lenny Shulman(Bloodhorse) summarizes the Ca. horsemen situation (TOC/CTHA)

Lenny Shulman appeared on the west coast radio show of Roger Stein and gave a summary of the horseman group problem about decertification of the TOC as of 11-27-11(Sunday).
Many can not hear the radio live in L.A. so I thought you may be interested in this archive report:

http://www.rogerstein.com/radio/archive2.asp

Sunday, 11-27-11, starting 53.30 in the broadcast.

Lenny says (paraphrase) that a few owners on the Board of the TOC have used their authority like it was their own private sandbox.
I hope we can get some new blood elected to a new Board of Directors with some consideration for others within the industry, and not the same people.

rw
rwwupl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 03:09 PM   #2
andymays
Veteran

Paulick: California Thoroughbred Owners: Don't believe everything you read
http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...hing-you-read/

Excerpt:

It’s one thing for Lou Raffetto, president of the Thoroughbred Owners of California, and TOC board members to be subjected to the repeated insults of people like disgruntled owner-breeder Jerry Jamgotchian and a handful of angry horseplayers who seem to think horse owners are an unnecessary part of the game, stealing money out of pari-mutuel pools to defray the costs of operating a racing stable.

For the whole story click on the link:

http://www.paulickreport.com/news/ra...hing-you-read/
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 03:10 PM   #3
andymays
Veteran

I guess we all just imagined the misleading information printed on the material sent to Owners by the TOC. I guess we all imagined the inappropriate phone calls to petition signers? I guess that wasn’t really Lou Raffetto on the message machine implying misconduct on the part of the CTHA.

Who said that they think Horse Owners are an unnecessary part of the game? This is a blatant falsehood. Show me a quote from someone who’s been involved in the industry meeting saying that. And how did a handful of angry Horseplayers get the handle to drop over 250 million dollars?

The funny part about all this is that this “small group of angry Horseplayers” is trying to help bring gamblers back to betting on California Racing. The TOC seems to believe that if you raise the takeout you make more money and if you lower it you make less money.

You really take the cake sometimes Ray. How about doing a fact check on your own before you make up stuff about others.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Letter to TOC Board..pdf (718.9 KB, 3 views)
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2011, 07:30 PM   #4
jelly
Veteran

Ray is part of a small group of incompetent Horse racing journalist.

Ray was pushing for higher takeout for horseplayers along with the TOC.

As long as the Owners,tracks and breeders continue to pay his bills Ray will be happy to clean up their waste.
jelly is offline   Reply With Quote Reply