Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-08-2017, 11:37 AM   #31
ElKabong

Listening to comey, he interprets the words "I hope" as an order. How did this guy ascend to his former position? He's a buffoon

This was a waste of time. Like I said earlier, comey has a need to be in the news. How soon is his book going to hit the racks and be on Oprah twice a week?
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 11:45 AM   #32
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Listening to comey, he interprets the words "I hope" as an order. How did this guy ascend to his former position? He's a buffoon

This was a waste of time...
Comey was a darling of the whacko-right when he reopened the Hillary investigation.

Probably got the orange-haired, comb over buffoon elected.
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 11:46 AM   #33
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Why are FBI directors appointed to a 10-year term, if only they can be fired at any time?

Can Supreme Court Justices be fired?
It is not a 10 year appointment, it is an appointment with a 10 year term limit. The limit was passed by Congress to prevent another Director like J. Edgar Hoover, who served for 37 years because many in Washington feared his power. Since the law was passed in 1976, only one director has ever served the full 10 years.

SCOTUS justices can only be removed by Congressional impeachment.
Old 06-08-2017, 11:49 AM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
This quote smells desperate.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 12:14 PM   #35
wisconsin

Quote:
Comey was a darling of the whacko-right when he reopened the Hillary investigation.

Therapy may help.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:18 PM   #36
delayjf

Quote:
Sure they did, but Comey had no choice - Judicial watch had broken the story regarding Clinton's use of her personal server. Giving the way the investigation was handled / bungled, one could conclude that he was running interference for Clinton.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #37
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Sure they did, but Comey had no choice - Judicial watch had broken the story regarding Clinton's use of her personal server. Giving the way the investigation was handled / bungled, one could conclude that he was running interference for Clinton.
Sure, but in this case timing was everything.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:41 PM   #38
ElKabong

Quote:
Sure, but in this case timing was everything.
You should pass that bit of wisdom to Hilary. Ignoring Wisconsin and other key states in October cost her the election.

One trip....That's possibly all it took to wrap the election up. She was either too tired to campaign more than she did, or she was too stupid to realize those states could possibly be in play

Either way, it proves she isn't capable to do the job
Old 06-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #39
delayjf

The timing was obviously not in Clinton's favor. Perhaps that was the intent of Judical Watch, that's politics. But what choice did Comey have with his investigation?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 12:46 PM   #40
Greyfox

John McCain asked Comey some questions that were very confusing to follow. When Comey responded McCain didn't seem to grasp what Comey was saying.
At one point McCain referred to James Comey as "President Comey."
McCain's stayed too long and it's time for him to retire.

Last edited by Greyfox; 06-08-2017 at 12:47 PM.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 12:49 PM   #41
ElKabong

So listening to cliff notes, Comey leaked memo to a "friend"?

snippage

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...pecial-counsel

Shortly after his dismissal as head of the FBI, James Comey authorized "a close friend" to leak the contents of his memos to the press in order to prompt a special counsel investigation.

"I asked a friend of mine to share the content of the memo with a reporter," Comey told the Senate Intelligence Committee on Thursday. "I didn't do it myself for a variety of reasons but I asked him to because I thought that might prompt the appointment of a special counsel."

The New York Times first reported the memos on May 16. The Justice Department appointed former FBI Director Robert Mueller as special counsel two days later.

Comey characterized the leaker as a close friend who is a professor at Columbia Law School. The former director is known to be friends with Daniel C. Richman, a Columbia professor and former federal prosecutor who served as chief appellate attorney in the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York.

Last edited by ElKabong; 06-08-2017 at 12:51 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 01:04 PM   #42
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
John McCain asked Comey some questions that were very confusing to follow. When Comey responded McCain didn't seem to grasp what Comey was saying.
At one point McCain referred to James Comey as "President Comey."
McCain's stayed too long and it's time for him to retire.
If it wasn't becoming the norm for him, I'd have thought he was shitfaced today. Hard to imagine he could find a way to be the most pathetic and amusing with the cast to choose from.

My favorite part I think is the derision of media reporting on classified leaks with the train of logic that there's no way to discredit the reporting because of the nature of classified material. You can't set the record straight. Then legislator after legislator gets on the soapbox to float theories in the form of questions that deliberately tread on the classified nature of the question to guarantee that you will get a non-answer and certainly not a denial or rebuttal. Just throwing shit out there casting allusions with no foundation knowing that you can just make statements in the form of a question with the cover of classification to guarantee you get no pushback.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #43
barn32
tmrpots

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
If it wasn't becoming the norm for him, I'd have thought he was shitfaced today. Hard to imagine he could find a way to be the most pathetic and amusing with the cast to choose from.

My favorite part I think is the derision of media reporting on classified leaks with the train of logic that there's no way to discredit the reporting because of the nature of classified material. You can't set the record straight. Then legislator after legislator gets on the soapbox to float theories in the form of questions that deliberately tread on the classified nature of the question to guarantee that you will get a non-answer and certainly not a denial or rebuttal. Just throwing shit out there casting allusions with no foundation knowing that you can just make statements in the form of a question with the cover of classification to guarantee you get no pushback.
And you thought McCain was confusing?
Old 06-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #44
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
And you thought McCain was confusing?
Yes. One thousand pardons.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #45
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
So listening to cliff notes, Comey leaked memo to a "friend"?
To mix a bunch of metaphors, Comey is covering his own butt, washing his hands of a mess, and poking his finger in the eyes of the higher-ups.

He did this with the Clinton investigation. There was no way that his boss, Loretta Lynch, or her boss, Barack Obama, were going to bring changes against Hillary. And there was no way either was going to take responsibility for the decision. So they put it on Comey. Comey's long and very unusual speech essentially said Hillary was guilty, making it plain that the White House and the DOJ were doing the Potomac Two Step.

Comey knows that nothing Trump did or said was obstruction under the law. But he obviously felt that Trump inappropriately pressured him on Flynn, and similarly pressured him to be a good little soldier and swear loyalty to the chief. Trump could have legally ordered an end to an investigation of Flynn, or worst case, pardoned him. But he didn't want the decision to come from him, he wanted it to appear to be entirely Comey's.

So he leaked the memo and waited for the shite to hit the fan. His testimony makes his position clear: Trump did nothing illegal, but it was sleazy, and all anti-Trumpsters know it. And Comey plays the victim. Again.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: