Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-27-2018, 08:24 AM   #31
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He woke her up early using an illegal leaf blower

And she went apeshit........at least that’s what I heard on the radio. The audio is being played on Sirius

I don’t care what she said.........I understand her being pissed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutz and Boltz View Post
That's it ! I learned my lesson. I'm not going to read any more "news" stories , from any source until three or four days afterward when the real story comes to light. When you're pissed you say things you wish you hadn't. Done that myself.

For the record I didn't watch. Another problem is too many people want their 15 minutes of fame or are promoting an agenda, a lot of incidents are staged or someone is set-up. A good example of a set-up was David Hogg and his buddy and the lifeguard video. They just happened to put a bogie board on top of a trash can and leave it there while the life guard was around.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 08:47 AM   #32
MutuelClerk

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
He woke her up early using an illegal leaf blower

And she went apeshit........at least that’s what I heard on the radio. The audio is being played on Sirius

I don’t care what she said.........I understand her being pissed
What is an illegal leaf blower? Do only illegals own them?
MutuelClerk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #33
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutuelClerk View Post
What is an illegal leaf blower? Do only illegals own them?

In some cities it is illegal to use them, when I lived in San Clemente Ca back in the early 90's just up the coast it was illegal to use them in the city of Laguna Beach. That was because of the aids crisis and having a lot of infected residents. Other cities have noise ordinances that they violate.
Old 06-27-2018, 11:40 AM   #34
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
That was because of the aids crisis and having a lot of infected residents.
Wait....WHAT?
Old 06-27-2018, 12:02 PM   #35
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

+1
Old 06-29-2018, 05:17 PM   #36
Inner Dirt

Quote:
In some cities it is illegal to use them, when I lived in San Clemente Ca back in the early 90's just up the coast it was illegal to use them in the city of Laguna Beach. That was because of the aids crisis and having a lot of infected residents. Other cities have noise ordinances that they violate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Wait....WHAT?

Pasted from a Times article, the issue with the HIV residents is not mentioned. Note the date, HIV or Aids was a big worry then and Laguna Beach had a very high gay population then, probably still does. I probably read the articles in the Orange County Register that mentioned HIV patients being an issue.

LAGUNA BEACH : City Prepares Law to Ban Leaf Blowers

January 08, 1993|LESLIE EARNEST

The noisy garden tools known as leaf blowers are getting the boot in Laguna Beach, where the City Council has agreed to prepare a law to ban them.
The council voted 4 to 1 on Tuesday to ask city staff to ready an ordinance that would eliminate the use of power blowers in the city after residents complained they are loud, messy and pollute the air.
Even the discussion at City Hall was punctuated by the sounds of a leaf blower, which a resident switched on outside council chambers, just to "set the tone," as City Clerk Verna Rollinger put it.
The city itself uses leaf blowers, and the city staff had recommended against banning them.
City Manager Kenneth C. Frank has said leaf blowers are very effective for clearing sandy beach walk areas and that discontinuing them will likely mean that he will have to hire more maintenance workers to wield brooms.

The council, however, opted for the brooms.
"I wholeheartedly and enthusiastically supported (the proposed ban) because it's an issue I've had strong feelings about for a long time," Councilwoman Lida Lenney said after the meeting.
Frank said Wednesday that the city will discontinue using the gas-powered machines, even before the ordinance is presented to the council for approval.
"We're stopping the use of our blowers this week," he said.
Options open to the council included allowing only electrically powered blowers or restricting the decibel level or times the gas blowers can be used. Councilman Wayne L. Peterson voted against the ban.
The council's action was in keeping with a request from the Laguna North Neighborhood Assn., which conducted a nine-month study of leaf blowers and finally deemed them "not compatible with Laguna's ambience."
A number of other cities and communities in Orange County have also moved to either ban or limit the use of leaf blowers.

Last edited by Inner Dirt; 06-29-2018 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-29-2018, 05:20 PM   #37
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

I'm still not getting what the heck this had to do with HIV or anything else for that matter, other than noise.
Old 06-29-2018, 06:36 PM   #38
Inner Dirt

Quote:
I'm still not getting what the heck this had to do with HIV or anything else for that matter, other than noise.

The dust and pollutants stirred into the air when you had a lot of very sick people with compromised immune systems. Heard about it frequently during the diseases height in the late 80's early 90's from newspapers, local news, etc,etc. I lived in California then where there were quite a few cities with large gay populations.
Old 06-29-2018, 07:46 PM   #39
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
The dust and pollutants stirred into the air when you had a lot of very sick people with compromised immune systems. Heard about it frequently during the diseases height in the late 80's early 90's from newspapers, local news, etc,etc. I lived in California then where there were quite a few cities with large gay populations.
Ding! He’s not making it up. I remember it was also considered noise pollution, that was outlawed around nursing homes etc.
Bedridden people were complaining of being awakened
Old 06-30-2018, 11:57 PM   #40
davew

Quote:
Wait....WHAT?
the winds can pick up needles that druggies leave on the ground after use (with their infected blood) and can prick someone near
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply