Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 11-09-2017, 09:07 PM   #1
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

National Anthem is racial!

PA called it.
http://www.newsweek.com/naacp-urges-...-anthem-705207

The wacko state and a racist group show their true colors.
Clearly, America needs neither group.

Hmmmmm....Colored people.
Is that the preferred term these days?
I suggest everyone start using that term. Don't want to offend, you understand.

Ass clowns.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

The whole country is irredeemably racist according to a certain train of thought. USA is going the way of the Roman Empire.
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2017, 10:50 PM   #3
betovernetcapper

The NAACP is trying desperately to survive. It hasn't been relevant for decades.
Every damned thing that Martin Luther King was bitching about has been achieved. The fact that many Blacks are in prison or are living under the poverty line is something that is of their creation. Water is wet, rocks are hard & if you don't go to medical school, you are unlikely to be hired as a doctor.
The truth is the Blacks that were decedents of slaves and are living here are quite lucky. They were slaves in Africa and had they not been sold to Europeans, they would have been sold to the Arabs to work the mines. If they had remained in Africa, they would still have been slaves, but their offspring would be earning (at least in Nigeria ) $2 a day or less. The average American Black makes an average of about $20,000 a year. They should thank God they were lucky enough to become slaves here as apposed to remaining in the Dark Continent.
Interesting bit of trivia. What color were the first slaves in America? Answer WHITE. The punishment for anything in England was hanging & when it got to be a political hot potato, prisoners were given a choice, hang or go to the New World & pick cotton. I have never heard a White person complain about their fate because a few hundred years ago some distant relative was a slave.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-11-2017, 11:52 PM   #4
MONEY

Quote:
The NAACP is trying desperately to survive. It hasn't been relevant for decades.
I agree the NAACP sucks.
Quote:
Every damned thing that Martin Luther King was bitching about has been achieved.
Dr. Martin Luther King did not bitch about anything.
He brought attention to bad situations that needed immediate attention and correction.
Quote:
The fact that many Blacks are in prison
I have no pity for those that earn their way to prison, but I was beaten and almost arrested for running a couple of steps while I was crossing the street.
Quote:
or are living under the poverty line is something that is of their creation. Water is wet, rocks are hard & if you don't go to medical school, you are unlikely to be hired as a doctor.
This is the result of Urban politicians creating a population that subsists on the government/taxpayer's dole.
Quote:
The truth is the Blacks that were decedents of slaves and are living here are quite lucky. They were slaves in Africa and had they not been sold to Europeans, they would have been sold to the Arabs to work the mines. If they had remained in Africa, they would still have been slaves, but their offspring would be earning (at least in Nigeria ) $2 a day or less. The average American Black makes an average of about $20,000 a year. They should thank God they were lucky enough to become slaves here as apposed to remaining in the Dark Continent.
The descendants of slaves may have benefited from the misfortune of their ancestors, but I'm sure that being a slave anywhere was a curse and not a blessing.
Quote:
Interesting bit of trivia. What color were the first slaves in America? Answer WHITE. The punishment for anything in England was hanging & when it got to be a political hot potato, prisoners were given a choice, hang or go to the New World & pick cotton. I have never heard a White person complain about their fate because a few hundred years ago some distant relative was a slave.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:39 AM   #5
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONEY View Post
I agree the NAACP sucks.

Dr. Martin Luther King did not bitch about anything.
He brought attention to bad situations that needed immediate attention and correction.

I have no pity for those that earn their way to prison, but I was beaten and almost arrested for running a couple of steps while I was crossing the street.

This is the result of Urban politicians creating a population that subsists on the government/taxpayer's dole.

The descendants of slaves may have benefited from the misfortune of their ancestors, but I'm sure that being a slave anywhere was a curse and not a blessing.
Excellent reply, Money.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #6
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Excellent reply, Money.
Agreed.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2017, 09:49 AM   #7
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper View Post
The truth is the Blacks that were decedents of slaves and are living here are quite lucky. ...They should thank God they were lucky enough to become slaves here as apposed to remaining in the Dark Continent.
All people "living here" are quite lucky. We are virtually all descended from immigrants and we all start life with vastly improved chances of a comfortable existence. Singly out blacks as ungrateful is condescending.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:38 AM   #8
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Quote:
Every damned thing that Martin Luther King was bitching about has been achieved. The fact that many Blacks are in prison or are living under the poverty line is something that is of their creation. Water is wet, rocks are hard & if you don't go to medical school, you are unlikely to be hired as a doctor.
Anybody ,according to British law ,from a Christian country could not be forced to be a a slave.The whites you speak of were indentured servants who usually had to work 4 to 7 years to pay off their debt.Since the African nations were not Christian,they were considered slaves.In.1640, Virginia courts ruled that a black indentured servant who tried to escape would become a slave for life; 2 whites who escaped with him only had the length of their servitude increased by a year.(The John Punch case)This was important as is codified that race,not religion would become the basis of identifying those who could be slaves.So there never were any white slaves in the Americas.

Sorry to put a pin prick in your balloon.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2017, 12:39 PM   #9
betovernetcapper

Quote:

Next time the officer says STOP, don't run. It has a tendency to make you look guilty of something.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
Old 11-12-2017, 12:52 PM   #10
betovernetcapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
All people "living here" are quite lucky. We are virtually all descended from immigrants and we all start life with vastly improved chances of a comfortable existence. Singly out blacks as ungrateful is condescending.
It point of fact many Colored People are ungrateful as their complaints about the National Anthem suggests. If their fellow Africans had sold their distant relatives to the Arabs to work in the Sulphur mines, their lineage would have ended in a few years & they wouldn't exist. If they were unsalable they would have remained slaves & if by some chance managed to survive, they would probably living in hunger & poverty in the Dark Continent.

Old 11-12-2017, 12:57 PM   #11
Marshall Bennett

We're well into the 21st century now, so get over it already. The entire world is totally different for everyone now.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2017, 01:32 PM   #12
Clocker

Quote:
It point of fact many Colored People are ungrateful as their complaints about the National Anthem suggests.
Stupidity transcends race. If you can't deal with reality, there is always something else to blame it on: racism, sexism, etc.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:39 PM   #13
MONEY

Quote:
Next time the officer says STOP, don't run. It has a tendency to make you look guilty of something.
This would be funny if you were joking, but from what you've written before I think that you believe that I was running from the police instead of taking two quick steps to avoid a speeding car.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:54 PM   #14
betovernetcapper

Quote:
This would be funny if you were joking, but from what you've written before I think that you believe that I was running from the police instead of taking two quick steps to avoid a speeding car.
So you took 2 quick steps to avoid a speeding car & the police show up out of nowhere & having a free calendar decide to get some exercise by beating you up. Did you call a lawyer or file a complaint with internal affairs? What did you do to get justice in this matter?

Old 11-12-2017, 04:15 PM   #15
MONEY

Quote:
So you took 2 quick steps to avoid a speeding car & the police show up out of nowhere & having a free calendar decide to get some exercise by beating you up. Did you call a lawyer or file a complaint with internal affairs? What did you do to get justice in this matter?
The speeding car was an unmarked police car that was traveling north
on St. Ann's Ave. and turned right/east onto Westchester Ave. in the south Bx.
It didn't matter what the car was, I had to get out of it's way or get run over.

What I got was beaten, kick in the back and pistol whipped on my head. The cops then cuffed me, but let me go after they were surrounded by people from my neighborhood. It was around 1970, I was young, poor, lived in an abandoned building, never owned a television or heard of internal affairs or McDonald's. I was just happy that they didn't kill me.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: