Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-11-2017, 02:18 AM   #1
incoming

YES....BUILD THAT WALL

Did you know that over 23% of the federal prison population are illegal immigrants...some very interesting stats on the prison population that has been hidden from citizens in the past...at the link.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/55370...#sp=show-clips

Last edited by incoming; 08-11-2017 at 02:22 AM.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 07:48 AM   #2
Inner Dirt

How about all the crimes committed directly and indirectly related to all the drugs that cross that border?
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 09:10 AM   #3
chadk66

last time I looked 38% of Federal prisoners were illegals.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2017, 09:12 AM   #4
chadk66

The lefty's big argument for not notifying ICE before they let one out is no reason for the cost for two days of imprisonment before they get deported. Well 38% of them in our federal prisons costs a fortune. we need to lessen the death penalty requirements it appears .
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2017, 03:52 PM   #5
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66 View Post
last time I looked 38% of Federal prisoners were illegals.
Ring accused of shoplifting $20 million

http://bit.ly/2j6cUzw

"Seven defendants are also charged with being in the U.S. illegally."
Old 09-08-2017, 08:15 PM   #6
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by incoming View Post
Did you know that over 23% of the federal prison population are illegal immigrants...some very interesting stats on the prison population that has been hidden from citizens in the past...at the link.

http://video.foxbusiness.com/v/55370...#sp=show-clips
Any guesses where an immigrant is sent for violating immigration laws? ICE detention facilities are a...? (Hint: Rhymes with "Mederal Trisson")

The idea behind these stories is that illegal immigrants commit crimes at a higher rate than the rest of the population. And it's true since 100% of them violated immigration law.

But if you back out violations of immigration laws, you'll find no evidence that they commit other crimes at a higher rate. In fact, the incarceration rate for undocumented immigrants is less than the population as a whole if you back out the illegal entry or overstaying of a visa.

Which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense. They want to stay in this country so they have more incentive than most to stay clean. Any crime results not just in prison but deportation following.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-08-2017, 10:37 PM   #7
JustRalph
Just another Facist

They get caught less often because they are hard as hell to ID and when they feel the heat they head back to Mexico or wherever.
Old 09-09-2017, 09:45 AM   #8
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

And when rouque cities defy the laws of the land and harbor them.
Sanctuary Cities needs to be cut off for all benefits of being in America - no $$, roads in and out blocked of....people not allowed to leave them.

You know martial law.
Army at the city limits, locked and loaded.

Traitors like Rahm Emanuel in the cross-hairs.
Old 09-09-2017, 10:00 AM   #9
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
And when rouque cities defy the laws of the land and harbor them.
Sanctuary Cities needs to be cut off for all benefits of being in America - no $$, roads in and out blocked of....people not allowed to leave them.

You know martial law.
Army at the city limits, locked and loaded.

Traitors like Rahm Emanuel in the cross-hairs.
Totally agree. These sanctuary cities should walk the talk by letting these industrious, upstanding illegal aliens take up the slack of no federal funding. What a way to prove to the world that all our illegal aliens add so much to our economy and to the general growth of our country.
Old 09-09-2017, 06:11 PM   #10
betovernetcapper

a racist view

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Totally agree. These sanctuary cities should walk the talk by letting these industrious, upstanding illegal aliens take up the slack of no federal funding. What a way to prove to the world that all our illegal aliens add so much to our economy and to the general growth of our country.
I live in a sanctuary city and the African American unemployment rate is fairly high, particularly for young males. If we didn't have the Illegals here, companies would be forced to hire them. If the AA refuse to work when offered, cut off all benefits until they come to their senses or starve.

My posts & letters & avatars & whatever reflect solely my own world view- Born in 1948 and never an I.C.E. visit
betovernetcapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-09-2017, 07:00 PM   #11
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by betovernetcapper View Post
I live in a sanctuary city and the African American unemployment rate is fairly high, particularly for young males. If we didn't have the Illegals here, companies would be forced to hire them. If the AA refuse to work when offered, cut off all benefits until they come to their senses or starve.
Companies would be "forced" to hire who?
Old 09-10-2017, 10:10 AM   #12
classhandicapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______ View Post
The idea behind these stories is that illegal immigrants commit crimes at a higher rate than the rest of the population. And it's true since 100% of them violated immigration law.

But if you back out violations of immigration laws, you'll find no evidence that they commit other crimes at a higher rate. In fact, the incarceration rate for undocumented immigrants is less than the population as a whole if you back out the illegal entry or overstaying of a visa.

Which, if you think about it, makes perfect sense. They want to stay in this country so they have more incentive than most to stay clean. Any crime results not just in prison but deportation following.
I have no idea what the reality is on this, but I want to point out that something seems amiss in this discussion.

One post claims that 23% of the prison population is made up of illegal immigrants and another says that the accurate number is 38%.

You are claiming that when you back out violations of immigration law illegals are no more likely to commit crimes than other Americans.

I don't know what percentage of the total US population is made up of illegal immigrants, but it's probably between 3%-7%. So if they were committing crimes at the same rate, the prison population should be a similar percent. I'll grant a couple of ticks higher just in case there is some kind of racism at work and some are in jail for immigration violation. But the numbers still don't add up. Something is wrong.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-10-2017 at 10:12 AM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2017, 11:12 AM   #13
_______
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
I have no idea what the reality is on this, but I want to point out that something seems amiss in this discussion.

One post claims that 23% of the prison population is made up of illegal immigrants and another says that the accurate number is 38%.

You are claiming that when you back out violations of immigration law illegals are no more likely to commit crimes than other Americans.

I don't know what percentage of the total US population is made up of illegal immigrants, but it's probably between 3%-7%. So if they were committing crimes at the same rate, the prison population should be a similar percent. I'll grant a couple of ticks higher just in case there is some kind of racism at work and some are in jail for immigration violation. But the numbers still don't add up. Something is wrong.
What's off is the deliberate exclusion of state prison's where most inmates are incarcerated and where immigration isn't a crime (The Constitution leaves the power enforce immigration law to the Federal government).

Undocumented immigrants are closer to 9% of the total population and around 4% of the combined state/federal prison population. But those numbers don't paint the picture the author's of pieces like those linked want you to take away. So they ignore the much larger state prison population and focus on only the tiny sliver in Federal prisons where (Shocker!!) people caught without papers are incarcerated.

They leave it to the reader to draw the conclusion that there is a crime wave being committed by illegals when, for the most part, the crime is nothing more than overstaying a visa or entering illegally.

The big picture is that undocumented aliens are a smaller slice of the much larger state prison population than their population outside. State prison is where you would find evidence of an undocumented crime wave and it simply isn't there. Undocumented are statistically LESS likely to be convicted of a crime and sentenced to prison than the population as a whole.

But, people will quote the linked articles because it reinforces their already held beliefs and ignore anything that like this that points out the flaws in their conclusions.

Last edited by _______; 09-10-2017 at 11:14 AM.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-10-2017, 11:39 AM   #14
Clocker

Quote:

The big picture is that undocumented aliens are a smaller slice of the much larger state prison population than their population outside.
And the big picture is that over half of the illegals in this country enter legally and overstay their visas. I have not seen any documentation on it, but it would seem that these are not the kind of people who are caught and go to prison. Or who would be stopped by a wall.

And logic would indicate that these are the kind of illegals who are really taking jobs from Americans, as opposed to those who sneak over the border and do low-pay manual labor.
Old 09-10-2017, 12:16 PM   #15
classhandicapper

Quote:
What's off is the deliberate exclusion of state prison's where most inmates are incarcerated and where immigration isn't a crime (The Constitution leaves the power enforce immigration law to the Federal government).

Undocumented immigrants are closer to 9% of the total population and around 4% of the combined state/federal prison population. But those numbers don't paint the picture the author's of pieces like those linked want you to take away. So they ignore the much larger state prison population and focus on only the tiny sliver in Federal prisons where (Shocker!!) people caught without papers are incarcerated.
I understand what you are saying, but I'm still not sure I'm buying it totally.

There are 320 million people in the US. When the number of illegal immigrants comes up, I've seen estimates that range from 10 million to 30 million depending on the motivation of the author. Officially it's a little over 11m. That's why I suggested it's probably really somewhere between 3% and 7%. I doubt it's 9%, but if it is, that's a different problem.

I'm also going to guess that even if the illegals are all sent to Federal prison, they are typically not just being sent away because they don't have papers. I've known illegals. None ever got sent away to prison. No one knows they are illegal. What happens is that they get caught committing a crime and that exposes that they are illegal. Plus, there may be illegals in state prison for things other than the fact that they are illegal.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 09-10-2017 at 12:23 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: