Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 03-20-2019, 12:19 AM   #16
Greyfox

The day transgenders are allowed to enter the L.P.G.A. tour is the day I stop watching Women's Golf.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2019, 08:52 AM   #17
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

The part that gets me is that these dudes are being honored with "Courage" awards for whuppin' up on girls, while courageous real-girls are being ignored. What would be more courageous is these trans-dudes becoming girls but still being willing to compete against other dudes, assuming the sanctioning bodies that govern this kind of stuff would allow it.
rastajenk is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2019, 11:13 AM   #18
bobphilo

I identify as a shower head and demand to be allowed to be used in the showers in the women's locker room. :

Last edited by bobphilo; 03-20-2019 at 11:14 AM.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2019, 11:28 AM   #19
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxtrotter View Post
This exactly.

Imagine training since middle school to make the state championship, only to be smoked by a trans-female who was a middling male sprinter the year before.

CT is one of a dozen states that allows sports participation by identity. Others are more stringent, such as Texas which goes by sex on original birth certificate.

The track careers of those young women are by no means over, just temporarily hobbled until they get to the college ranks.

Personally, I would go identity and a hormone level test. Both must match readily accept norms to participate as a certain sex.
These poor biological women's track careers may be over since their athletic scholarships will go to the trans women who beat them.

Current hormone levels won't measure the physical effects of years of previous high levels of testosterone. The only way to determine biological gender is with the presence of the XX or XY chromosomes. That's how they blew the lid on the East German "women" athletes in the '70s.
Old 03-20-2019, 12:33 PM   #20
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Wonder if its chaotic in the dressing rooms?
If they requested their own, some stupid liberal in charge would gladly give it to them.
I really should be able to answer this. @%#&!, but I can't remember...

I was recently a member of the Gay-Straight-Alliance at a college. I was a "straight ally"(meaning a straight dude who supported their cause etc..)(was the only straight ally). Was hoping to catch a significant business score in a growing market that has a range of areas(media,networking,etc), but they weren't as 'open-minded' financially as they were sexually or identification wise .

From what I can remember... I think in terms of bathrooms they may already have the right to use whatever bathroom they identify with, but that there was a push in a building or two (wherever feasible due to existing construction etc..) to construct a third, 'gender-neutral' bathroom. (they have a whole thing for bathrooms, but i didn't get into details)

Didn't think of locker rooms, specifically, at the time.

that's got to be tough. Even men's teams, and women's teams have their own natural (hopefully low-level/moderate) hazing type of climate. Too complex to go into in a short horse racing board post.

Last edited by Robert Fischer; 03-20-2019 at 12:36 PM.
Robert Fischer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-20-2019, 09:01 PM   #21
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Didn't think of locker rooms, specifically, at the time.

That's got to be tough. Even men's teams, and women's teams have their own natural (hopefully low-level/moderate) hazing type of climate. Too complex to go into in a short horse racing board post.
Actually, there are plenty of HS games I've done with a male/female crew. We get dressed in separate rooms and do the pregame once everyone is ready. If there aren't two rooms at the site we let the AD know they need to find a place where the men/women have privacy. In my state once you get certified you can do both boys and girls games. Some states do have separate certifications for boys and girls. I have about 60% boys, 40% girls games.

Two good girls teams can be as much fun to referee as two good boys teams. Actually there is a girl here who can dunk the ball with ease. Her parents came to the U.S. from Nigeria and were trying to get their kids to excel in tennis. Tennis isn't that big here so she thought she'd try basketball. She'll definitely get a scholarship to a D-1 school.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2019, 12:06 PM   #22
delayjf

Quote:
Actually there is a girl here who can dunk the ball with ease.
Curious - how tall is she?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2019, 05:58 PM   #23
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf View Post
Curious - how tall is she?
About 6' 1". She's a great athlete. As a sophomore, college scouts were in the stands. You might be able to find her dunk in the ESPN archives.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-21-2019, 08:00 PM   #24
Robert Fischer
clean money

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Actually, there are plenty of HS games I've done with a male/female crew. We get dressed in separate rooms and do the pregame once everyone is ready.
that makes sense
Old 03-21-2019, 08:15 PM   #25
bobphilo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Wonder if its chaotic in the dressing rooms?
If they requested their own, some stupid liberal in charge would gladly give it to them.
It's the conservatives who are the most upset about sharing facilities with tranaexuals (bathrooms and lockers) and would want to give them seperate ones.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: