Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-01-2016, 05:12 AM   #1
reckless
Veteran

Ann Coulter column Nov. 30, 2016

As usual, Ann nails it. One of her best and most important columns. Enjoy.

http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/20...html#read_more
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 08:42 AM   #2
chadk66

great article. and very true. if Trump backs off on prosecuting Hillary he is a one term president. end of discussion.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 10:32 AM   #3
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
great article. and very true. if Trump backs off on prosecuting Hillary he is a one term president. end of discussion.
You probably forgot the pressure Obama got to prosecute Bush/Cheney for engaging in illegal torture during the Iraq war. Saner voices prevailed then, they will now. The rabid right may find the same sort of delight the lunatic left did in the idea of prosecuting their political enemies, but if Trump wants to ensure total obstructionism from the Democrats he should follow your advice. Rule number one: if you don't want to be seen as the equivalent of a banana republic dictator, don't act like one. Trump has a window to gain the support of all Americans. He's smart not to slam it shut before he even has a chance to prove he wants to be president for all Americans. If he is president for only one term, not prosecuting his opponents will be about as far down on the list of reasons as it was for the success or failure of Obama's presidency.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 10:35 AM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Rabid right???
How about the thoroughly corrupt LEFT?

Hillary must be prosecuted. She betrayed the nation.
An example must be made that we will not tolerate that or it will happen again. A

Bush never tortured anyone for personal gain.
Not that water boarding is by any mean torture.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:05 AM   #5
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Rabid right???
How about the thoroughly corrupt LEFT?

Hillary must be prosecuted. She betrayed the nation.
An example must be made that we will not tolerate that or it will happen again. A

Bush never tortured anyone for personal gain.
Not that water boarding is by any mean torture.
She wasn't doing it for personal gain, it was all for getting more donations to the Clinton Foundation, which does so much good for the world.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 12:51 PM   #6
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
You probably forgot the pressure Obama got to prosecute Bush/Cheney for engaging in illegal torture during the Iraq war. Saner voices prevailed then, they will now. The rabid right may find the same sort of delight the lunatic left did in the idea of prosecuting their political enemies, but if Trump wants to ensure total obstructionism from the Democrats he should follow your advice. Rule number one: if you don't want to be seen as the equivalent of a banana republic dictator, don't act like one. Trump has a window to gain the support of all Americans. He's smart not to slam it shut before he even has a chance to prove he wants to be president for all Americans. If he is president for only one term, not prosecuting his opponents will be about as far down on the list of reasons as it was for the success or failure of Obama's presidency.
This has nothing to do with 'political enemies' trump isn't a child like you and many on the left, he's not holding grudges, he's just trying to put America first and move forward. Crooks are crooks, he's running on a law and order platform, if Hillary hasn't broken any laws at all, she has nothing to worry about, the concept of 'political enemies' suggests to me that you think a person innocent of zero crimes could be prosecuted and jailed simply because they can be.

Nobody is stopping you from moving out of America if you don't like trump you can leave, we won't stop you or lose sleep over your absence.
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 01:16 PM   #7
chadk66

Quote:
If they had a case they should have prosecuted them. but I doubt they did
Old 12-01-2016, 02:03 PM   #8
classhandicapper

I am curious about what's on Anthony Weiner's computer. That's what got the FBI interested again. The rumors making the rounds (supposedly out of the NYC police department) were interesting to say the least.
Old 12-01-2016, 02:29 PM   #9
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadk66
If they had a case they should have prosecuted them. but I doubt they did
The NY Federal prosecutor visited with Trump yesterday and agreed to stay on, even though he is a Democrat. Tick tock........
JustRalph is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2016, 02:49 PM   #10
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
This has nothing to do with 'political enemies' trump isn't a child like you and many on the left, he's not holding grudges, he's just trying to put America first and move forward. Crooks are crooks, he's running on a law and order platform, if Hillary hasn't broken any laws at all, she has nothing to worry about, the concept of 'political enemies' suggests to me that you think a person innocent of zero crimes could be prosecuted and jailed simply because they can be.

Nobody is stopping you from moving out of America if you don't like trump you can leave, we won't stop you or lose sleep over your absence.
The left leave America? No, the left can vex you far easier by staying here.

For the concept of political enemies, you might reference Nixon, Richard or Hoover, J. Edgar. They never went after someone just because they were on different political sides.

Being the political genius you are, you might not see the down side of prosecuting someone who ran against you, but then again anyone who thinks flag means arson is probably going to have a tough time grabbing that side of the equation.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:10 PM   #11
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
I am curious about what's on Anthony Weiner's computer.
You do NOT want to go there!
Old 12-01-2016, 04:15 PM   #12
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
The left leave America? No, the left can vex you far easier by staying here.

For the concept of political enemies, you might reference Nixon, Richard or Hoover, J. Edgar. They never went after someone just because they were on different political sides.

Being the political genius you are, you might not see the down side of prosecuting someone who ran against you, but then again anyone who thinks flag means arson is probably going to have a tough time grabbing that side of the equation.
I never claimed to be a 'political genius' but it's pretty obvious that she's not being prosecuted due to 'political rivals' she's committed some ungodly crimes and is closely tied to pizza gate as well as this Child trafficker who was doing business in Haiti. It's not just deleted e mails and pay for play, this is a sick individual who needs help that I think the prison system could nicely provide for her.

You're a big researcher why not dig into pizza gate and hillarys involvement and let us know what you find.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:56 PM   #13
chadk66

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph
The NY Federal prosecutor visited with Trump yesterday and agreed to stay on, even though he is a Democrat. Tick tock........
have no idea what your tocking about
Old 12-01-2016, 05:13 PM   #14
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
I never claimed to be a 'political genius' but it's pretty obvious that she's not being prosecuted due to 'political rivals' she's committed some ungodly crimes and is closely tied to pizza gate as well as this Child trafficker who was doing business in Haiti. It's not just deleted e mails and pay for play, this is a sick individual who needs help that I think the prison system could nicely provide for her.

You're a big researcher why not dig into pizza gate and hillarys involvement and let us know what you find.
Believe it or not, if Hillary has committed a crime I think she should be prosecuted. As I've said many times, I've never been a Hillary fan. But, if Trump is astute, he will make sure whatever happens, his hands are completely clean. The fact that Hillary was his political opponent would make it look like he's going after his rivals. If it is really necessary to go after Hillary, he'd be smart to stay a long way away from any prosecution. His calculus is, if he wants to gain support from Democrats, appearing like he has a vendetta against Hillary could kill that. Is it more important to try to unite the Congress and implement his agenda, or is it more important to punish Clinton, assuming there is even anything she can be prosecuted for?
Old 12-01-2016, 05:24 PM   #15
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Believe it or not, if Hillary has committed a crime I think she should be prosecuted. As I've said many times, I've never been a Hillary fan. But, if Trump is astute, he will make sure whatever happens, his hands are completely clean. The fact that Hillary was his political opponent would make it look like he's going after his rivals. If it is really necessary to go after Hillary, he'd be smart to stay a long way away from any prosecution. His calculus is, if he wants to gain support from Democrats, appearing like he has a vendetta against Hillary could kill that. Is it more important to try to unite the Congress and implement his agenda, or is it more important to punish Clinton, assuming there is even anything she can be prosecuted for?
I agree.

What do you think of Sessions as AG? Do you think that appointment leads to less likely or more likely they will go after her? I thought gowdy or Giuliani would be more likely to go after her but I don't know much about sessions.