Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-30-2017, 11:23 AM   #16
Bluto Blutarsky

cj-
the point is-trainers/owners have will have options other than stabling at MP.
Drazin`s plan is shortsighted.
Bluto Blutarsky is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 12:35 PM   #17
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Doubt Delaware will let you stable and train there and turn around and race at Monmouth very often.
When I was in the game Del Park charged trainers a rental fee for each stall they used.

This 'allowed' trainers to ship horses elsewhere, anytime without any negative repercussions from the racing office.

I am not sure if this custom is still prevalent.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-30-2017, 07:11 PM   #18
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless View Post
When I was in the game Del Park charged trainers a rental fee for each stall they used.

This 'allowed' trainers to ship horses elsewhere, anytime without any negative repercussions from the racing office.

I am not sure if this custom is still prevalent.
Palm Meadows charges for their stalls $10 a day when the horse runs at GP they get $300 it is available only 1x per month and ends in april.
Old 11-30-2017, 07:21 PM   #19
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggestal99 View Post
Well there is the sports betting that will be decided by SCOTUS, most likely in the spring. With a few tweaks to the law, betfair will be a player should the opinion go Jersey way. And will Hill is just itching to take bets on football in the fall.

A few bucks will surely go Darby,s way.

Allan
It could hear the case as early as this February , but experts believe a more likely timetable is sometime this winter, with a decision in late spring or early summer.
Old 11-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #20
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
Next year, the Drazin plan is to close MP backstretch completely on October 1.
Wait until the trainers hear about that! Where do you train your horses for that 1 month gap until Tampa opens beginning of November?
Prediction- there will be even less horses stabled at MP in 2018 than there were in 2017. Go to Delaware Park- at least you are assured of stall space/training there until late October-just ship in to MP.
Just hope they get sports wagering. I also hope they get rid of a recent hire who is just one of the good ole boys and adds nothing to the bottom line!
Old 12-01-2017, 09:55 AM   #21
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluto Blutarsky View Post
cj-
the point is-trainers/owners have will have options other than stabling at MP.
Drazin`s plan is shortsighted.
Is there a conflict of interest that Forbes is paid by Drazin and represents the horseman?
If what you said earlier about the October 1st closing of the track(no one can confirm this at MP) and the fact that there is a meet going on at the meadowlands where would the trainers keep their horses?
Old 12-01-2017, 11:06 AM   #22
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
Is there a conflict of interest that Forbes is paid by Drazin and represents the horseman?
If what you said earlier about the October 1st closing of the track(no one can confirm this at MP) and the fact that there is a meet going on at the meadowlands where would the trainers keep their horses?
Club Med portion of meet scheduled to end 9/29
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2017, 11:14 AM   #23
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Club Med portion of meet scheduled to end 9/29
Then ending the use of MP as a training facility on 10-1-18 makes sense. Since GP is still running and Parx is in full swing as well as Laurel and Delaware and Penn and Aqueduct there are plenty of places to go.
Old 12-01-2017, 11:21 AM   #24
alhattab

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99 View Post
Then ending the use of MP as a training facility on 10-1-18 makes sense. Since GP is still running and Parx is in full swing as well as Laurel and Delaware and Penn and Aqueduct there are plenty of places to go.
Perhaps but it is a big competitive advantage to have a more permanent facility. I guess there isn't much difference between closing Oct 1 or Nov 1- at some point one has to pick up and leave or find a place to board- but man it would be nice to have year-round capabilities for 300-500 horses.

I like the Palm Meadows model. Run once per month you are essentially rent-free at worst. For Monmouth, pay $10/day off season- say $3k for the year-and get $500 starters bonus you get out if you run 6 times over an 18 week period.
alhattab is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-01-2017, 11:32 AM   #25
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by alhattab View Post
Perhaps but it is a big competitive advantage to have a more permanent facility. I guess there isn't much difference between closing Oct 1 or Nov 1- at some point one has to pick up and leave or find a place to board- but man it would be nice to have year-round capabilities for 300-500 horses.

I like the Palm Meadows model. Run once per month you are essentially rent-free at worst. For Monmouth, pay $10/day off season- say $3k for the year-and get $500 starters bonus you get out if you run 6 times over an 18 week period.
When MP paid $1000 guaranteed per start a few years ago horses were running every two weeks. I forget the name of one of the horses who ran on the turf but I saw him entered 3 times a month for 2 months...