Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-22-2018, 01:07 PM   #796
burnsy
self medicated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Local news this morning reports that busloads of theses kids are heading to Rochester, NY today.

Now this is where the real outrage can begin - sending kids to NYS????
That is child abuse.

They are dumping them off on the foster parent programs. Here's the thing, both sides screw these issues up....intentionally. The media and the politicians make hay off the suckers that support a "side" and the "sensationalism" is a win, win. There is no interest in a solution...….not in powers best interest. The pawns that take sides are just that....pawns. Somehow, this whole "crisis" will cost multiple times then just sending the families back> The USA way of doing things......

Secondly, the shameful morons, that cry we are Christians and a country of "laws". Seriously? Sessions and his ilk are wretched liars and fools. At least his church is looking to boot him. There actually are some clergy that back this thought. A good reason I don't go to church.

If one believes in Christ....you are here to follow Gods laws, not mans. People are hypocrites or just dumb mouth breathers and boot lickers. Christians have been fed to lions for following Gods law, not mans, crucified and massacred. Now that some have power they forget and think they have privilege. I don't think "confiscating" children as political pawns is a good precedent. Then to claim its "Christian". Like I said, I don't like church but I'm glad I'm not in your shoes on judgement day if there is one.

Christ would not be going for this BS. He followed Gods law not Mans and he got nailed to a cross for it. He was a thorn in the side of political and particularly church leadership. That got him a sword in the side. If he listened to these assholes...…..he would not of been from God. He pretty much got persecuted and executed for breaking a so called "nation of laws".
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 01:14 PM   #797
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
So...how does your Open House Immigration Policy help the U.S. to protect its land, its finite resources, its environment and its economy? How does More = Less?
Just found this...

https://grist.org/food/to-end-popula...ad-the-wealth/

Basically it comes down to this: It makes economic sense to have lots of kids if you are poor. As people have become more prosperous, the population growth rate has been trending steadily downward.

Population recently has slowed as the world has developed more than before 1950. Increase the rate of development and less population

Last edited by hcap; 06-22-2018 at 01:16 PM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #798
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post
They are dumping them off on the foster parent programs. Here's the thing, both sides screw these issues up....intentionally. The media and the politicians make hay off the suckers that support a "side" and the "sensationalism" is a win, win. There is no interest in a solution...….not in powers best interest. The pawns that take sides are just that....pawns. Somehow, this whole "crisis" will cost multiple times then just sending the families back> The USA way of doing things......

Secondly, the shameful morons, that cry we are Christians and a country of "laws". Seriously? Sessions and his ilk are wretched liars and fools. At least his church is looking to boot him. There actually are some clergy that back this thought. A good reason I don't go to church.

If one believes in Christ....you are here to follow Gods laws, not mans. People are hypocrites or just dumb mouth breathers and boot lickers. Christians have been fed to lions for following Gods law, not mans, crucified and massacred. Now that some have power they forget and think they have privilege. I don't think "confiscating" children as political pawns is a good precedent. Then to claim its "Christian". Like I said, I don't like church but I'm glad I'm not in your shoes on judgement day if there is one.

Christ would not be going for this BS. He followed Gods law not Mans and he got nailed to a cross for it. He was a thorn in the side of political and particularly church leadership. That got him a sword in the side. If he listened to these assholes...…..he would not of been from God. He pretty much got persecuted and executed for breaking a so called "nation of laws".
So, which of God's laws, specifically, is the Trump Admin. breaking?

Allow me to remind you that Jesus also taught that his followers are to render unto Caesar what is Caesar's and unto God what is God's. This principle applies here!. Show me, specifically, how rendering to the State (on this immigration issue) and rendering unto God are in conflict.

Also, have you ever read Romans 13 or 1 Peter 2?

And are you familiar with the spiritual law of Reaping and Sowing?
Old 06-22-2018, 01:40 PM   #799
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Just found this...

https://grist.org/food/to-end-popula...ad-the-wealth/

Basically it comes down to this: It makes economic sense to have lots of kids if you are poor. As people have become more prosperous, the population growth rate has been trending steadily downward.

Population recently has slowed as the world has developed more than before 1950. Increase the rate of development and less population

You forgot this "little" caveat -- the assumption is that IF the invaders at our border become more prosperous, then population will decrease.

And how has that been working out for China, Humpty? Shirely, there must have been a large decrease in peasanthood since the great economic and manufacturing boom in China. But while more Chinese are thriving, the population keeps growing!

Year Population
2018 1,415,045,928
2017 1,409,517,397
2016 1,403,500,365
2015 1,397,028,553
Old 06-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #800
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnsy View Post

Someone needs a lollipop and nap.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 03:41 PM   #801
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko699 View Post
Someone needs a lollipop and nap.
But aren't you tickled pink that Burnsy isn't supporting a side -- except the Dems and RINO's who are as ignorant of the bible as the church leaders who chimed in to agree with the Dems?
Old 06-22-2018, 04:40 PM   #802
davew

little girl separated from family

because mom kidnaps her and leaves husband and her 2 other kids as she risks their lives heading to USA

Time liked the pic of little girl crying and photo-shopped it into an entirely fake news cover

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tim...Yb9?li=BBnb7Kz
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #803
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
little girl separated from family

because mom kidnaps her and leaves husband and her 2 other kids as she risks their lives heading to USA

Time liked the pic of little girl crying and photo-shopped it into an entirely fake news cover

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tim...Yb9?li=BBnb7Kz
That pretty much covers it!
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 05:21 PM   #804
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Ironic.......

Immigration arrests at southwest border creep up but still at historic low

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ows/580846002/

The number of people caught trying to cross the southwest border with Mexico increased for a third straight month in April, but overall apprehension numbers remain at historic lows, according to data released late Thursday by U.S. Customs and Border Protection.
.................................................. .

Border-crossing arrests are at historic lows — but Trump is still bemoaning a 'drastic surge' in illegal immigration

http://www.businessinsider.com/borde...-charts-2018-4

Then where are these massive amounts of familes with children being RIPPED from them...coming from? Illegal immigration can't be at a historic low yet child ripping at a historic high.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:22 PM   #805
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I heard Trump claim "millions" of immigrants would infest the U.S if there was no "zero-tolerance" enforcement. Considering the long term trend of diminishing immigrants on the southwest border, how is that possible?

How is it possible there are massive amounts of children being RIPPED from their parents given this diminishing trend?

I know, I know...he's ripping more than Obama did, so that's enough for you.
Old 06-22-2018, 05:53 PM   #806
boxcar

And meanwhile, here's another huge problem the U.S. needs like a hole in the head:

DACA-Eligible Immigrants and Crime

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...igrants-crime/
Old 06-22-2018, 06:02 PM   #807
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
You forgot this "little" caveat -- the assumption is that IF the invaders at our border become more prosperous, then population will decrease.

And how has that been working out for China, Humpty? Shirely, there must have been a large decrease in peasanthood since the great economic and manufacturing boom in China. But while more Chinese are thriving, the population keeps growing!

Year Population
2018 1,415,045,928
2017 1,409,517,397
2016 1,403,500,365
2015 1,397,028,553
You are mangling what I said.
Your stats on population is OVERALL. I showed you population increases or decreases depending upon various factors. Apply these factors proactively, and there is a marked decrease in population. You aer ignorant about China. China's worrying decline in birth rate: China Daily columnist
https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/ea...aily-columnist

We can do these things bunky

1-developmenet
Meaning Economic aid

2-I showed you that recently as the world has increased in development overall population has slowed as compared the world before 1950.
Increase the rate of development and less population results.

Also,

4-I mentioned birth control
5-I mentioned education and

6-I said feed the poor.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #808
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paceadvantage
Then where are these massive amounts of familes with children being RIPPED from them...coming from? Illegal immigration can't be at a historic low yet child ripping at a historic high.

..How is it possible there are massive amounts of children being RIPPED from their parents given this diminishing trend?

I know, I know...he's ripping more than Obama did, so that's enough for
The numbers of decreasing immigration are are from US border and Customs Protection.
Look on the left bottom of the chart.

I did note that "Immigration arrests at southwest border creep up but still at historic low" in the USA Today link.The chart only goes up to 2017.

https://www.npr.org/2018/06/19/62106...-at-the-border

Updated at 4:40 a.m. ET Wednesday
The number of separated children...

Since early May, 2,342 children have been separated from their parents after crossing the Southern U.S. border, according to the Department of Homeland Security

It is even more despicable that Trump blew up so many families when the immigration numbers have dropped 5 x since 2000.
Old 06-22-2018, 06:36 PM   #809
hcap

Trump constantly screeches and rants about evil immigrants , all murderers, rapists, and members of gangs. Despicable bullshit about we are being infested.

He makes me sick to my stomach.

All of it is designed pump up his base, the Trumpeteer cult..

FYI.....

https://www.sentencingproject.org/pu...tive%20Summary

A rigorous body of research supports the following conclusions about the recent impact of immigrants in the United States:

Immigrants commit crimes at lower rates than native-born citizens.
Higher levels of immigration in recent decades may have contributed to the historic drop in crime rates.
Police chiefs believe that intensifying immigration law enforcement undermines public safety.
Immigrants are under-represented in U.S. prisons.

Figure 1. Reported Rates of Delinquent or Criminal Behavior in Previous Year
Old 06-22-2018, 06:53 PM   #810
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
And meanwhile, here's another huge problem the U.S. needs like a hole in the head:

DACA-Eligible Immigrants and Crime

https://www.nationalreview.com/corne...igrants-crime/
Debunked

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...ers-daca-gangs

Over that time, Lott found, immigrants who were “deportable” made up a disproportionate share of the people who were convicted of crimes and incarcerated, relative to their share of the Arizona population as a whole — suggesting that they might, in fact, commit crimes at higher rates than American citizens. And young deportable immigrants were the most overrepresented in Arizona’s prisons: Deportable immigrants “between 15 and 35 make up 2.27% of the total population and 7.94% of convicts,” Lott wrote.

Lott’s core thesis — that unauthorized immigrants are in fact more likely to commit crimes than other groups — is itself a little shaky. There are some questions about the reliability of the Arizona data Lott used. (A small but nonzero number of prisoners show up in the data as US-born but not US citizens, for example, which is all but impossible.)

There are much bigger questions about whether Lott is interpreting that data accurately. He says his data shows high incarceration among “illegal immigrants,” but the actual term in the records is “deportable” — a category that includes both unauthorized immigrants and legal immigrants who’ve lost their legal status, often because they’ve been convicted of certain crimes.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: