Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-16-2018, 06:34 PM   #16
garyscpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Fischer View Post
Andy Serling - has a nice pick pretty much every week. Sometimes several a week. He's very in tune to the competitiveness of the fields in his New York circuit and he does well at pointing out when the odds don't jibe with the relative abilities.
He's honest, and when a big race isn't a good betting race he won't place it on a pedestal. I guess that's my only 'complaint' with Serling.

Andy Beyer - I wish we got to hear his thoughts more often. Not sure if my memory is true here, but I'm giving him credit for Cloud Computing (and generally betting against Always Dreaming) in the Preakness last year. I'm not that critical of Beyer, and just enjoy when he can contribute. Generally enjoy hearing his train of thought.
I thought that was Serling with Cloud Computing.
garyscpa is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2018, 06:53 PM   #17
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I can't remember the last time either of those guys hit in a big race. I'm not a pessimist or trying to be annoying either. They're like Watchmaker at this point, I know they are smart but it doesn't seem to translate into any winners in top races in a long while.

I'll sing their praises if they get a big Travers winner or something of the like.
To refresh your memory. Breeder's Cup 2016- 6 winners on top out of 13 races. $94.40 returned on $2 bets. Haven't followed him much last couple years.

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=134445
Old 06-16-2018, 07:35 PM   #18
jocko699
Resurrectionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
Again with the Cloud Computing
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-22-2018, 02:31 AM   #19
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyscpa View Post
Andy was definitely super high on CC in the Preakness.
Old 08-15-2018, 09:17 AM   #20
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonSoupKid View Post
I can't remember the last time either of those guys hit in a big race. I'm not a pessimist or trying to be annoying either. They're like Watchmaker at this point, I know they are smart but it doesn't seem to translate into any winners in top races in a long while.

I'll sing their praises if they get a big Travers winner or something of the like.
I love internet clowns like you.

Let's see....I gave out the tri in the Exaggerator-Cherry Wine-Nyquist Preakness, loved Cloud Computing in the 2017 Preakness and had the exacta cold, and gave out the tri and Super in this year's Preakness. I crushed the BC in 2016 and did fine in 2017 when Talismanic was my best play of all the races. I've also had plenty of bad opinions mixed in over the years, but your apparent memory sucks.

Clown.
the little guy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-15-2018, 05:30 PM   #21
coachv30

True handicappers will live and die by their picks. They may look elsewhere for opinions but for the most part structure tickets based on their methodologies. When you have people who bash other’s selections, it’s evident their relying on you to do the handicapping and selections for them...some of these individuals just can’t handle when those opinions are wrong, I wonder if they bash themselves just as much when they actually make their own selections.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: