Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-21-2018, 02:50 PM   #706
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 03:08 PM   #707
johnhannibalsmith

You mean to tell me that all this time there were interviews widely available that shows Obama discouraging young future democrat voters from coming illegally?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 03:10 PM   #708
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

The duplicity is mind-boggling, isn't it?
Old 06-21-2018, 03:26 PM   #709
chadk66

I happen to be buddies with the head honcho for the Border Patrol here in ND. He covers the eastern half of Montana and all of ND. I ran into him down at the lake on tuesday night. I started talking to him about this very subject. He really just chuckled and said he didn't know where half these media outlets were getting their info from. They have been separating children from adults when they are picked up crossing since he started in the Border Patrol which was 96 I believe he said. This is absolutely nothing new. It has been the same procedure from then till the minute Trump signed the EO.
chadk66 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 04:48 PM   #710
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The duplicity is mind-boggling, isn't it?
The exploding numbers of family separations are the consequence of the Trump administration’s recent “zero tolerance” border policy, in which all people crossing the US-Mexico border illegally, even those seeking asylum, face criminal prosecution. This has led to the forced separation of families, with about 65 kids being split from their parents each day for the past six weeks.

Sessions designed “zero tolerance” as a deterrent without telling the very people who were to be deterred, until it over 2000 family's were split and their kids detained.

Obama's is warning not to send unaccompanied kids here.

So what? Where is the duplicity?

There is no law requiring family separation; this is a decision that the Trump administration has made.

Attorney General Jeff Sessions: the “zero tolerance” policy was my doing, and God approves of it.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 05:03 PM   #711
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
There is no law requiring family separation; this is a decision that the Trump administration has made.
This is soooo typical of you. When you have your back against the wall, you have to resort to lying.

Look up Public Law 107-296

Quote:
Attorney General Jeff Sessions: the “zero tolerance” policy was my doing, and God approves of it.
And even more importantly, I approve of it.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:10 PM   #712
newtothegame

Quote:
The exploding numbers of family separations are the consequence of the Trump administration’s recent “zero tolerance” border policy, in which all people crossing the US-Mexico border illegally, even those seeking asylum, face criminal prosecution. This has led to the forced separation of families, with about 65 kids being split from their parents each day for the past six weeks.

Sessions designed “zero tolerance” as a deterrent without telling the very people who were to be deterred, until it over 2000 family's were split and their kids detained.

Obama's is warning not to send unaccompanied kids here.

So what? Where is the duplicity?

Lmao this is hilarious!!!
So obama does an interview and says not to bring kids and that's acceptable as a deterrent. Trump has spoken about America first and WALLS to keep people out and that's not a deterrent????
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 05:15 PM   #713
newtothegame

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
I doesn't...

What point are you trying to make right now? I'm just asking.

If you want to argue then the underlined part above is wrong. Hence:
So, if this administration had stayed about 350 it would be ok for ya????
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 05:18 PM   #714
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
This is soooo typical of you. When you have your back against the wall, you have to resort to lying.

Look up Public Law 107-296

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ention-minors/

Does a Specific Law Mandate Family Separation and Detention of Minors?

As public debate over the policy of separating families at the border continued, rumors appeared blaming the practice on Public Law 107-296.

CLAIM:

The widely debated practice of separating families at the border is mandated by Public Law 107-296, which was passed by Democrats in 2002.

RATING
False

"Simply put, Subtitle E of Public Law 107-296 (establishing the Department of Homeland Security, DHS) placed immigration and related functions in the scope of the newly established agency. Section G of Subtitle E defined the term “unaccompanied alien child” as a minor under the age of 18, lacking lawful immigration status in the US, and primarily, an individual for whom “there is no parent or legal guardian in the United States” or “no parent or legal guardian in the United States is available to provide care and physical custody” This did not mandate that children be separated from their families, but instead, created a legal classification for children with no parent or guardian present or for whom no parent or legal guardian was available to provide care and custody..
Old 06-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #715
woodtoo

The Democrats have decided to freeze all Immigration Legislation so they can run in November on the issue. They want to sell America this:

A new poll by YouGov. provides the answer, and its an emphatic no.
A June 17 to 19 poll of 1500 U.S. Americans found only 19% favored "releasing
the families and having them report back for an immigration hearing at a later date." Even among Democrats it was only 30%.

By far the most popular of the 4 policies was "holding families together in detention centers until an immigration hearing at a later date." 44% backed that plan.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 05:22 PM   #716
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attorney General Jeff Sessions
the “zero tolerance” policy was my doing, and God approves of it.
Hate to tell you, god neither approves of you or Preacher Sessions
Old 06-21-2018, 05:23 PM   #717
woodtoo

RED ALERT!!!! RED TSUNAMI approaching!!!

Snowflakes should seek their safe places and take cover immediately!!!
Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #718
woodtoo

48% of Hispanics Americans support a plan at the Southern border where border crossing families are held in detention together while they are prosecuted.
Old 06-21-2018, 05:26 PM   #719
Andy Asaro

Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-21-2018, 05:28 PM   #720
boxcar

Quote:
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/do...ention-minors/

Does a Specific Law Mandate Family Separation and Detention of Minors?

As public debate over the policy of separating families at the border continued, rumors appeared blaming the practice on Public Law 107-296.

CLAIM:

The widely debated practice of separating families at the border is mandated by Public Law 107-296, which was passed by Democrats in 2002.

RATING
False

"Simply put, Subtitle E of Public Law 107-296 (establishing the Department of Homeland Security, DHS) placed immigration and related functions in the scope of the newly established agency. Section G of Subtitle E defined the term “unaccompanied alien child” as a minor under the age of 18, lacking lawful immigration status in the US, and primarily, an individual for whom “there is no parent or legal guardian in the United States” or “no parent or legal guardian in the United States is available to provide care and physical custody” This did not mandate that children be separated from their families, but instead, created a legal classification for children with no parent or guardian present or for whom no parent or legal guardian was available to provide care and custody..
What about when kids' parents are criminals and get busted?