Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 11-16-2017, 10:36 PM   #901
Handiman
BarelyWinning

CC,

What folder do you have the main application in?

You may need to delete everything and start over. When you start again there is a file called analyst.flg take notepad and open the file and make sure before you restart it has a T in it and not an F.

Try and reinstall everything and start again and let me know what happens.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 07:20 AM   #902
ccmd00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
CC,

What folder do you have the main application in?

You may need to delete everything and start over. When you start again there is a file called analyst.flg take notepad and open the file and make sure before you restart it has a T in it and not an F.

Try and reinstall everything and start again and let me know what happens.

Handi
Hi Handi,

Thanks for the response. I've deleted everything and started over.

1) created folder c:\handifiles\ and copied the 2 required files
2) created folder c:\handifast10\ and copied all main application to this folder
3) opened the analyst.flg file and made sure it sad T
4) launched the main app and initialized analyst folders
5) created an analyst folder
6) went again to build race analyst...same errors..ugh

any other thoughts? I am on windows 10.

Thank you
ccmd00d is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 07:48 AM   #903
Longshot6977

CC- Try disabling any antivirus apps you have since it may be deleting a required file named isfile32.dll. Then reinstall the program from scratch again. Then try the program to see if it now works. if yes, then make an exclusion for that file in your AV app. If no, then check to make sure you still have isfile32.dll still installed in the handi folder. Let us know.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 08:21 AM   #904
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longshot6977 View Post
CC- Try disabling any antivirus apps you have since it may be deleting a required file named isfile32.dll. Then reinstall the program from scratch again. Then try the program to see if it now works. if yes, then make an exclusion for that file in your AV app. If no, then check to make sure you still have isfile32.dll still installed in the handi folder. Let us know.
Also , close program down after creating folder and then start it again and build
mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 08:24 AM   #905
ccmd00d

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I tried disabling windows defender but received the same error. I see the isfile32.dll in the folder and it is never deleted.

I did realize something though. Even though I an "Initializing Race Analysts" the flag in the analyst.flg never changes from T to F in the file. So this is making me think my computer is still somehow blocking the application. I will try messing around more with Windows Defender in the meantime.

*I also tried disabling windows defender as well as running the handifast.exe "as administratror". Still can't get the flag in the analyst.flg file to update to F

Last edited by ccmd00d; 11-17-2017 at 08:37 AM.
Old 11-17-2017, 09:38 AM   #906
mikesal57
Veteran

just for curiosity....make a folder called temphandi on c: drive ...and put the 2 files in there too...see what happens...
Old 11-17-2017, 09:47 AM   #907
ccmd00d

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
just for curiosity....make a folder called temphandi on c: drive ...and put the 2 files in there too...see what happens...
That's the ticket! Worked once crated the temphandi folder and put the two files in it.

Let's see what else i can mess up, I'm sure ill be back with more questions on using the program. I will try to work my way through this thread for answers before I do. Thanks again to all and look forward to trying out a tool for the first time. I have been always been pen and paper guy.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:07 AM   #908
mikesal57
Veteran

Old 11-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #909
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Verion 10 should not access Temphandi. If it does something is wrong as Temphandi is not coded in Version 10.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2017, 09:13 PM   #910
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman View Post
Verion 10 should not access Temphandi. If it does something is wrong as Temphandi is not coded in Version 10.

Handi
Lol.

It worked... Don't ask me why tho
Old 11-17-2017, 11:45 PM   #911
Longshot6977

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57 View Post
Lol.

It worked... Don't ask me why tho
Sounds like he downloaded V9.5 and not v10.
Longshot6977 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-18-2017, 03:57 AM   #912
ccmd00d

Quote:
Sounds like he downloaded V9.5 and not v10.
Definitely downloaded version 10. To be fair I was messing around with folder permissions as well so perhaps one of those changes made it work at the same time I made the temphandi folder suggested. Either way it's working now and am enjoying testing it out and doing some back reading on this extremely long thread!

Last edited by ccmd00d; 11-18-2017 at 03:59 AM.
Old 11-18-2017, 09:25 AM   #913
ccmd00d

GM All,

Playing around in the program this morning and wondering if someone could clarify this simple example. From a previous post on methodology specifically Fib method

Quote:
The raw displayed factor numbers are only used to get rank. That's it. In your example, the horse with top class gets Factor points 100. 100% of the 100 points. Then the 2nd ranked horse for class gets 100 X 0.62 = 62 points for class. The 3rd ranked horse gets 100 X 0.38 = 38 points for class. The 4th ranked horse gets 100 X 0.24 = 24 points.

And that happens with every factor that is assigned point values in your setups. Then the horse's factor points they receive are added together to get their total points. Which then turns into a fair odds line.
So using this i built an analyst with a single factor for testing (DS) and set that to 100. Now taking was is said above, I would have expected to see horses with the top 4 rank DS be assigned 100-62-38-24. Instead i see 4 horses get ranked with 200-100-100-100. Can someone explain this to me?

https://imgur.com/a/jn0Dd

Also any NYRA circuit trackers here? My mini project over the winter is going to be back test last year's Saratoga meet using the great HandiSearch tool. Would love to chat with some experienced folks to maybe pick your brain a bit.

Thanks again all!
Old 11-18-2017, 09:45 AM   #914
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmd00d View Post
GM All,

Playing around in the program this morning and wondering if someone could clarify this simple example. From a previous post on methodology specifically Fib method

So using this i built an analyst with a single factor for testing (DS) and set that to 100. Now taking was is said above, I would have expected to see horses with the top 4 rank DS be assigned 100-62-38-24. Instead i see 4 horses get ranked with 200-100-100-100. Can someone explain this to me?

Also any NYRA circuit trackers here? My mini project over the winter is going to be back test last year's Saratoga meet using the great HandiSearch tool. Would love to chat with some experienced folks to maybe pick your brain a bit.

Thanks again all!
There are quirks in the program....
I also found that Woods & Fib give same numbers...

At this time Handi is not feeling well and we need him to get better...
Post what ever you find and he'll get to it when he can..

Thxs

Mike
Old 11-18-2017, 10:10 AM   #915
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccmd00d View Post
GM All,

Thanks again all!
The 200-100-100-100 is from you saving build as "WOODS"

Try same build and save as "FIB" you'll get 200-124-76-48

I have never used Woods , doesn't make sense , as you can see...

Last edited by mikesal57; 11-18-2017 at 10:12 AM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: