Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 04-06-2017, 12:22 AM   #1
RacingFan1992

When will it end?

I'm getting tired of this pissing match that Sheik Mohammed and Frank Stronarch are having over the world's richest race. It's being setup so your horse can go from an okay horse to a Super horse just by how much you have won. Don't get me wrong the track record in the Travers and the crappy start with every thing going against Arrogate in Dubai has proven he is the real deal but just because you win few races with giant purses doesn't make you the best of all time but rather how you win. Compare each successive money earning record breaker in the United States. We obviously can't compare Stymie who retired with less than a million to Arrogate with over 21 million. I think it's going to get to the point where people are going to say enough is enough. Pretty soon the Pegasus will be 50 million and Dubai will be 100 million. I don't think it will end.
RacingFan1992 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 12:43 AM   #2
GMB@BP

Two rich dudes throwing around their money, cant be a bad thing for anyone involved.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 09:00 AM   #3
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Two rich dudes throwing around their money, cant be a bad thing for anyone involved.
Not as long as they throw their money in the places it is most needed.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 06:13 PM   #4
MonmouthParkJoe

If these races with their purses continue to keep some of our racing stars on track for a race or two past the BC, I am all for it.

Easy to say when its not my money
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2017, 06:51 PM   #5
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe View Post
If these races with their purses continue to keep some of our racing stars on track for a race or two past the BC, I am all for it.

Easy to say when its not my money
i agree that this does bring interest to the game, but the game needs more towards the bottom. the game is structured to keep smaller owner's and trainer's away from it. eventually you will have nothing in North America without paying attention to the bottom.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-07-2017, 07:46 AM   #6
sammy the sage

Would the O.P. still be whining....if American Pharaoh had raced in these last two races....???

I see as way to keep the BEST horses from retiring at 3 and just going to Stud...which is destroying the game as well...

We got to see Arrogate's true ability...

People WANT stars...more THAN one would be even better....
Old 04-08-2017, 09:38 AM   #7
MonmouthParkJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
i agree that this does bring interest to the game, but the game needs more towards the bottom. the game is structured to keep smaller owner's and trainer's away from it. eventually you will have nothing in North America without paying attention to the bottom.

Absolutely agree. I think some tracks just love the idea of being able to say, we have a $1 million race! Realistically you could offer the same race for $750k and get the same horses. These purse subs will end at some point. Funnel the money back into the overnights. Even in the case of the Pegasus, it would be $4 million of their money, but I still agree.
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply