Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 12-09-2020, 02:30 PM   #16
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this fruitcake is suing over states that he has nothing to do with claiming that thee is harm to Texas due to the other states certifying their election results.

Houdini couldn't get this right leaning court to listen to that one in a million years.

these guys are insulting the intelligence of good conservative people that are making these cases up.
lamboguy v2.0
Old 12-09-2020, 02:41 PM   #17
xtb

Quote:
this fruitcake is suing over states that he has nothing to do with claiming that thee is harm to Texas due to the other states certifying their election results.

Houdini couldn't get this right leaning court to listen to that one in a million years.

these guys are insulting the intelligence of good conservative people that are making these cases up.
If a state holds a fraudulent election that changes the outcome of a national election, how is that not harming other states?
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 02:47 PM   #18
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
How about a bet - if the Supreme Court overturns the election based on this suit, I'll never post again. If they don't, you agree to never post again. Please confirm the bet.
You act as if you have determined that Boxcar is a man of his word. Would you please abstain from forming baseless conclusions?
thaskalos is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 02:50 PM   #19
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
If a state holds a fraudulent election that changes the outcome of a national election, how is that not harming other states?
first of all the person that is representing the state that is claiming his state was harmed needs convincing evidence that it harmed his state. he is saying that another state's votes are more important than his.

if you allow a case like this, the Supreme Court will be compromised every single time there is an election and the loser wants to stall the process.

cases like this are demoralizing to the members of the Supreme Court. if they keep up with these cases i guarantee that good judges like Amy Barrett will resign from the court along with other justices.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 02:55 PM   #20
46zilzal
velocitician

It appears the Supreme Court has spoken
Old 12-09-2020, 03:02 PM   #21
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
if they keep up with these cases i guarantee that good judges like Amy Barrett will resign from the court along with other justices.
Wanna bet v2.0?
Old 12-09-2020, 03:05 PM   #22
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike View Post
1) There's an expectation that others states will join the suit. As of now, they have not.

2) Rep Kelly applied for injunctive relief on 12/3/20. It was denied on 12/8/20. That's expeditious in the case of the Supreme Court. The Texas suit was filed yesterday (12/8/20).

3) I think they're wrong.

How about a bet - if the Supreme Court overturns the election based on this suit, I'll never post again. If they don't, you agree to never post again. Please confirm the bet.
#2: and YES, yesterday, 6 justices decided that the plaintiffs had standing, otherwise they would not have voted to actually hear the case. Whether a plaintiff has legal standing not is a fundamental prerequisite to a hearing. However, some constitutional scholars have opined that the SC, technically, has not agreed to hear the case per se. They only want to hear the defendants' side first. In other words the four defendants must reply by 3 P.M. Thursday -- then the court will decide whether to formally hear the case or not.

I already have a bet with Hcap, thank you. Besides, as significant as this upcoming SC case is, I have reason to believe it's not Trump's biggest canon.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:14 PM   #23
boxcar

Quote:
first of all the person that is representing the state that is claiming his state was harmed needs convincing evidence that it harmed his state. he is saying that another state's votes are more important than his.

if you allow a case like this, the Supreme Court will be compromised every single time there is an election and the loser wants to stall the process.

cases like this are demoralizing to the members of the Supreme Court. if they keep up with these cases i guarantee that good judges like Amy Barrett will resign from the court along with other justices.
No, he's not. He's saying that since the four states, and all the others for that matter, are part of the electoral college pool, how those states play the election game impacts all the other states. If a state doesn't follow the rules of the U.S. Constitution with respect to national elections and [b]apply their state rules according the U.S. Constitution, then that very obviously impacts the rest of the states.

If the Supreme Court does not take this case, the American People's will will have been compromised.
Old 12-09-2020, 03:28 PM   #24
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I already have a bet with Hcap, thank you. Besides, as significant as this upcoming SC case is, I have reason to believe it's not Trump's biggest canon.
Didn't know that.

Amicus brief from other states hit about 20 mins ago.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 03:32 PM   #25
Light
Veteran

Quote:
#2: and YES, yesterday, 6 justices decided that the plaintiffs had standing, otherwise they would not have voted to actually hear the case.
No such ruling. Already been debunked as fake news, otherwise post a link.

Quote:
I already have a bet with Hcap, thank you.
B.S. You're scared. You know you have nothing.

Quote:
I have reason to believe it's not Trump's biggest canon.
Even Trump says you lie.

This is the big one,” Trump wrote in a Twitter post Wednesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/09/trum...biden-win.html
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 03:50 PM   #26
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light View Post
No such ruling. Already been debunked as fake news, otherwise post a link.

B.S. You're scared. You know you have nothing.

Even Trump says you lie.

This is the big one,” Trump wrote in a Twitter post Wednesday.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/12/09/trum...biden-win.html
The only thing fake around here are you commie-loving leftists.

Re my "lie": Are you aware that smart, savvy business people often employ the old boxer's head fake trick to throw off their opponents?

P.S. And if there was "no such ruling" as you claim, why would Trump post that "this is the big one"?

Last edited by boxcar; 12-09-2020 at 03:53 PM.
boxcar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 04:32 PM   #27
Light
Veteran

Quote:

P.S. And if there was "no such ruling" as you claim, why would Trump post that "this is the big one"?
Holy guacamole, are you juiced or what! You blended 2 separate issues into one!

I posted that Trump said "this is the big one" after you wrote "it's NOT Trump's biggest canon". In affect making you a liar of what Trump said.

The "no such ruling" has to do with your assertion that 6 SC justices ruled to hear the case when they never ruled on that and is a right wing debunked lie that you gobbled up. Making you a two timing liar.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-09-2020, 04:33 PM   #28
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
lamboguy v2.0
Exactly what I was thinking. It’s so obvious
Old 12-09-2020, 04:48 PM   #29
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Some real shitty lawyers in here.

The first case involving PA wasn’t dismissed. The request for immediate relief was. The case will get a listen still.

The Texas case will be heard, and several other State AG’s have announced they are joining. I’m sure they are preparing briefs.

Those who think the case is meritless are dreaming.

It’s not Texas saying their votes are more important than others etc

They are saying an illegal election in one State breaks the equal protection clause of the constitution. It diminishes or disenfranchises Texas voters intent with their vote.

They are also alleging that using Covid as a reason to allow leaner/less strict rules for mail in balloting does the same as above and the way they got to those new rules, by going around the State legislatures is unconstitutional.

It could be a very interesting case. All very interesting when it comes to who and when you can vote. Btw, I think the court does one of two things. They run with their tails between their legs or they really stir it up. Let’s hope they hear it. Make some new case law.
Old 12-09-2020, 04:51 PM   #30
xtb

Quote:

A fraudulently elected president harms most everyone. Our country is eroding before our eyes.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply