Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 08-27-2019, 10:55 PM   #1411
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

He probably hurt the property values there with the talk of GW, so he could afford it.

Better get a special prosecutor looking at this!

BTW, joke's on him - Great White sharks are just off shore there now, in big numbers.

Enjoy your DIP, MR President!
Naw, no shark would bite him - professional courtesy!
Old 08-27-2019, 11:14 PM   #1412
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
If what all the climate changers say are correct, the Obama's don't seem worried. They have a mega mansion on Marthas Vineyard planned for purchase.

https://www.tmz.com/2019/08/22/barac...rthas-vinyard/
He talked the talk......if he really believed he would have leased.
Old 08-27-2019, 11:16 PM   #1413
mikekk

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodtoo View Post
Shocking!!! New Harvard study shows wind turbines create MORE
global warming than the fossil fuels they eliminate.

These global warming alarmists are NOT smart people.
Damned good news for all those clean, beautiful coal producers out there.

I'm going to get my air conditioning converted to clean, beautiful coal before the rush starts!

lol:lol
mikekk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-27-2019, 11:44 PM   #1414
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I doubt it. But sometimes I get surely mixed up with Shirley. Honest typo.
Isn't there a commandment about not telling the truth. Shirley was the first insult I noticed from you. I've probably seen you inject it into half a dozen other conversations. Probably more. That's not a who and whom issue. But this Shirley thing is your way of goading someone, and then turning around and saying, "I get mixed up." I'm going to put a slightly different spin on the commandment. Don't bullshit a bullshitter.

As for the continuing siege between you and Hcap, haven't you tired of the "read my 314" war of numbers." Do you really think Jesus is getting a kick out of you insulting others? Do you not feel like he would smile at a friendly act toward your fellow straight-man? Show Jesus you are just a warm human being trying to spread the words of Jesus. Words like, Shirley.
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 12:05 AM   #1415
fast4522

Make it a pissing contest that has nothing to do with the thread and he will close it too.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 12:24 AM   #1416
Stevecsd2

Michael Mann's suit dismissed

For a more details on why Michael Mann's lawsuit was dismissed:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2019/08/...nn-has-to-pay/
Stevecsd2 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 02:49 AM   #1417
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMTW
So, the graph was junk science. You could put baseball scores into Mann’s Climate Model and it would create the Hockey Stick..................................

.......But the big question then became: did Mann intentionally falsify his graph from motivation to make profit and/or cause harm (i.e. commit the five elements of criminal fraud)?......
Your source is bull shit. As usual.

What evidence is there for the hockey stick?
https://skepticalscience.com/broken-hockey-stick.htm

What the science says...

Since the hockey stick paper in 1998, there have been a number of proxy studies analysing a variety of different sources including corals, stalagmites, tree rings, boreholes and ice cores. They all confirm the original hockey stick conclusion: the 20th century is the warmest in the last 1000 years and that warming was most dramatic after 1920.

A critique of the hockey stick was published in 2004 (McIntyre 2004), claiming the hockey stick shape was the inevitable result of the statistical method used (principal components analysis). They also claimed temperatures over the 15th Century were derived from one bristlecone pine proxy record. They concluded that the hockey stick shape was not statistically significant.

An independent assessment of Mann's hockey stick was conducted by the National Center for Atmospheric Research (Wahl 2007). They reconstructed temperatures employing a variety of statistical techniques (with and without principal components analysis). Their results found slightly different temperatures in the early 15th Century. However, they confirmed the principal results of the original hockey stick - that the warming trend and temperatures over the last few decades are unprecedented over at least the last 600 years

Figure 2: Original hockey stick graph (blue - MBH1998) compared to Wahl & Ammann reconstruction (red). Instrumental record in black (Wahl 2007).

While many continue to fixate on Mann's early work on proxy records, the science of paleoclimatology has moved on. Since 1999, there have been many independent reconstructions of past temperatures, using a variety of proxy data and a number of different methodologies. All find the same result - that the last few decades are the hottest in the last 500 to 2000 years (depending on how far back the reconstruction goes). What are some of the proxies that are used to determine past temperature?
Old 08-28-2019, 03:15 AM   #1418
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
At least I got you off your rep point obsession for a few seconds.
Climate science deniers is a proper term. It seems the "deniers" object because there is a similarity to (sounds like)holocaust denial.

No "deniers" is not "borderline". And I haven't forgotten rep points are unfairly stacked in favor of the "good ole boys clique" here. I may remind you every so often, but I don't obsess about it as much as you obsess about your weird fake news, deep state conspiracy theories of reality.

Here is a video about how climate deniers, deny climate change, and AGW in general

Last edited by hcap; 08-28-2019 at 03:17 AM.
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 03:29 AM   #1419
hcap

More on the "hockey stick" from New Scientist

Climate myths: The 'hockey stick' graph has been proven wrong
https://www.newscientist.com/article...-proven-wrong/

The hockey graph was first published in a 1999 paper (pdf) by Michael Mann and colleagues, which was an extension of a 1998 study in Nature. The graph was highlighted in the 2001 report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC).

The new reconstruction has been generated using two statistical methods, both different to that used in the original study. Like other temperature reconstructions done since 2001 (see graph), it shows greater variability than the original hockey stick. Yet again, though, the key conclusion is the same: it’s hotter now than it has been for at least 1000 years.

In fact, independent evidence, from ice cores and sea sediments for instance, suggest the last time the planet approached this degree of warmth was during the interglacial period preceding the last ice age over 100,000 years ago. It might even be hotter now than it has been for at least a million years.

Read more: https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz5xsWYvVTt

Old 08-28-2019, 04:22 AM   #1420
hcap

More....

The hockey stick was repeatedly attacked, and so was Mann himself. Congress got involved, with demands for Mann's data and other information, including a computer code used in his research. Then the National Academy of Sciences weighed in in 2006, vindicating the hockey stick as good science and noting:

https://www.nap.edu/read/11676/chapter/2

Additionally Scientific American,
https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...-hockey-stick/

NASA, NOAA, The IPCC,
https://www.theguardian.com/environm...ph-ipcc-report

and all scientific private and governmental agencies, accept the validity of the graph and what it means.

Case closed
Old 08-28-2019, 06:59 AM   #1421
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
Isn't there a commandment about not telling the truth. Shirley was the first insult I noticed from you. I've probably seen you inject it into half a dozen other conversations. Probably more. That's not a who and whom issue. But this Shirley thing is your way of goading someone, and then turning around and saying, "I get mixed up." I'm going to put a slightly different spin on the commandment. Don't bullshit a bullshitter.

As for the continuing siege between you and Hcap, haven't you tired of the "read my 314" war of numbers." Do you really think Jesus is getting a kick out of you insulting others? Do you not feel like he would smile at a friendly act toward your fellow straight-man? Show Jesus you are just a warm human being trying to spread the words of Jesus. Words like, Shirley.
Shirely U. Jest with all your fake incredulity.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:30 AM   #1422
jimmyb

The Farmers Almanac has more credibility than many climate alarmists. The 2020 edition predicts that two-thirds of the country will face a colder-than-normal winter season.

There will be ice fishing in the streets of Miami, Al Gore says.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/weath...rnd/index.html
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-28-2019, 10:54 AM   #1423
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

hcap posted:
Quote:
Case closed
In science, nothing is ever closed.
As we sese all the time, things that were considered certain by science at the time have been proven wrong.

Only closed minds close cases. Remember that.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:56 AM   #1424
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyb View Post
The Farmers Almanac has more credibility than many climate alarmists. The 2020 edition predicts that two-thirds of the country will face a colder-than-normal winter season.

There will be ice fishing in the streets of Miami, Al Gore says.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/27/weath...rnd/index.html
Sharp post - makes more sense than many!
Old 08-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #1425
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Climate science deniers is a proper term. It seems the "deniers" object because there is a similarity to (sounds like)holocaust denial.

No "deniers" is not "borderline". And I haven't forgotten rep points are unfairly stacked in favor of the "good ole boys clique" here. I may remind you every so often, but I don't obsess about it as much as you obsess about your weird fake news, deep state conspiracy theories of reality.

Here is a video about how climate deniers, deny climate change, and AGW in general

https://youtu.be/dc8A6SIJijs
You aren't even aware of what "deniers" are "denying."

And to compare "client denial" (whatever the means, exactly) with Holocaust denial is just another round of anti-Semitism, as defined by the ADL. Minimizing the Holocaust by comparing it to something absurdly not even close to being the same thing.