Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 02-22-2024, 12:18 PM   #16
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave View Post
As long as any legal non-citizen can prove some contribution to the community, (property taxes, rental agreements, employment, etc) I say, “Why not?”

Aren’t they subject to the same laws, regulations and taxes as citizens?

I think we fought a war with the Brits about this very issue.
I hear what you are saying and I would agree that non-citizens who own property and pay school taxes should be able to vote for the school budget, nothing else, no elected positions.
Old 02-22-2024, 01:02 PM   #17
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
The illegals will vote, just not legally, but they will still vote.

It has always been my money was on illegals voting creates the largest amount of voter fraud. After living in SoCal for 50 years I am convinced of that and also convinced that 10.5 million illegal estimate is low. If I was in charge illegals from a foreign country get the same treatment their country would give to me, any sane person would consider that fair. If you are a Mexican citizen and crash into one of us with no insurance you go to jail.
If you stop before the cross walk while others drive through it almost hitting a little old lady, pay the cop $20 or go to jail. (that happened to me) If a cop catches you smoking wacky weed with your friends that will be $100 each or go to jail (co-workers and friends not me) . If the landlord of an apartment complex runs into your parked motorcycle and tells you to piss off and you get mad and shove him, you go to jail (Happened to my friend in Cali).
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 02-22-2024, 01:13 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTO Joe View Post
When's the last time you were there?

3/1 it was 1972 or before

Probably about 2019 for me, first and only time. My long time ex-girlfriend would know exactly as I do not keep a lot of dated pictures. Why does it matter when someone was there? Places only get worse in this country never better, as 3rd world country illegals from south of the border bring filth. Would you like some of those racist crime statistics? Gangs that originate there are constantly expanding into the suburbs and rural areas. When I was in California I was floored how far from the major cities you started seeing gang graffiti.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply