Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 06-05-2014, 01:53 PM   #1
Mr G

If California Chrome runs out of the money

and regardless of which other horses finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd do you feel the $2.00 Tri will pay at least $1,500.00 with CC off the ticket?

Just trying to get some opinions on tri payoff minimums as I am just starting to put some wagers together for the big day.
Mr G is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2014, 02:04 PM   #2
thaskalos

An odds-on horse being off the board in no way guarantees a $1,500+ trifecta.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:11 PM   #3
Mr G

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
An odds-on horse being off the board in no way guarantees a $1,500+ trifecta.
Yes, I know there is no guarantee but I am thinking how the majority of tri tickets will have CC on them and if he does not hit the board I just am thinking that the pay off will mostly like be huge...even if the next 3 favorites all hit....but I have a feeling it is going to be bombs away on Saturday...

I hope so but if CC does win it good for his connections and for racing.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2014, 02:15 PM   #4
Al Gobbi

no way the tri comes back $1,500 for $2 unless some big prices finish in the ticket. also don't forget the trifecta minimum is now 50 cents this year, not a $1 as it was in years past.

California Chrome will be bet heavily in the win pool for casuals looking for a souvenir. It won't translate in the other pools as much.

Last edited by Al Gobbi; 06-05-2014 at 02:16 PM.
Al Gobbi is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2014, 02:28 PM   #5
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr G
Yes, I know there is no guarantee but I am thinking how the majority of tri tickets will have CC on them and if he does not hit the board I just am thinking that the pay off will mostly like be huge...even if the next 3 favorites all hit....but I have a feeling it is going to be bombs away on Saturday...

I hope so but if CC does win it good for his connections and for racing.

Thanks
If California Chrome finishes off the board but the next three favorites all hit...then the trifecta will pay less than $200 for $2, IMO.
Old 06-05-2014, 02:30 PM   #6
Mr G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi
no way the tri comes back $1,500 for $2 unless some big prices finish in the ticket. also don't forget the trifecta minimum is now 50 cents this year, not a $1 as it was in years past.

California Chrome will be bet heavily in the win pool for casuals looking for a souvenir. It won't translate in the other pools as much.
Thank you for reminding me about the now 50 cent tri's.....

I had not considered that here in the early stages of stringing some wagers together....that fact will for sure change my strategy.

Thanks !
Old 06-05-2014, 02:31 PM   #7
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
and regardless of which other horses finish 1st, 2nd, 3rd do you feel the $2.00 Tri will pay at least $1,500.00 with CC off the ticket?

Just trying to get some opinions on tri payoff minimums as I am just starting to put some wagers together for the big day.
Very possible, as long as not both of the 2nd and 3rd betting favorites hit the board.
In 2008, it paid around 2000-1 with a 39-1, 7-1, and 35-1. To get a $1500 payout, you would need 750-1. I’d say a 6-1, 15-1, and 40-1 would get it done, especially if the 40-1 landed first or second. This could very well happen this year, this race is wide open.
Redboard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2014, 02:33 PM   #8
Mr G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Gobbi
also don't forget the trifecta minimum is now 50 cents this year, not a $1 as it was in years past.
Will there be 10 cent super's would you know?
Old 06-05-2014, 02:34 PM   #9
SecretAgentMan

If it comes in, Wicked....Tonalist......Ride Curlin, I think the triple pays $400 for $2 bet in an 11 horse field with the heavy fav Chrome out.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2014, 02:43 PM   #10
Mr G

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos
If California Chrome finishes off the board but the next three favorites all hit...then the trifecta will pay less than $200 for $2, IMO.
Thanks..

What I am considering is wheeling 2 horses 1st and 2nd in Tri's.....CC could very well take it but I am going to hope against that...(I had wheeled Commanding Curve 1 st and 2nd in Derby) And with CC winning it did not help me in what I was hoping for...

And I once again am planning on wheeling Commanding Curve 1st and 2nd in tri's along with one other horse 1st and 2nd as well....

I have not yet decided on the 2nd horse being Medal Count or Samraat...

But after reading some of the replies here I just might go with only 1 horse 1st and 2nd and that will be Commanding Curve once again...and if I do not use another horse I will also wheel him for 3rd also in the tri's...

At this moment in time I have a feeling Samraat will get out but fade and hopefully to 4th as a suiper I am considering would look like this

2-5-9 With ALL with ALL with 7

Again, I am just in the begging stages of putting a wagering plan in place...and just trying to get some other ideas on payoffs..and kicking around a few ideas with others.

Thanks
Old 06-05-2014, 02:46 PM   #11
Mr G

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
If it comes in, Wicked....Tonalist......Ride Curlin, I think the triple pays $400 for $2 bet in an 11 horse field with the heavy fav Chrome out.
I would like to see it come in Commanding Curve, Medal Count, General a Rod, Samratt
Old 06-05-2014, 02:50 PM   #12
SecretAgentMan

Quote:
I would like to see it come in Commanding Curve, Medal Count, General a Rod, Samratt

If it comes in this way & you have a $20 superfecta, back the pickup truck to the door of your local track so they can put your money in.
SecretAgentMan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-05-2014, 03:21 PM   #13
Mr G

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgentMan
If it comes in this way & you have a $20 superfecta, back the pickup truck to the door of your local track so they can put your money in.
Sweet dream for sure...

I just might end up not betting at all or betting very little as there are too many horses that scare me in addition to CC so that is why I am considering an exacta or trifecta wheel...

While I am going to stick with Commanding Curve Rosie on General a Rod gives me a concern.....if she should sneak in she very well could help light up the board.

It will be great for dumb ass partners if CC wins it and I feel he and Wicked Strong are the 2 horses to beat.

And I am always looking to beat the favorites...
Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #14
Mr G

Any one else putting their possible wagers together yet?
Old 06-05-2014, 03:29 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:

No.

If the 2nd, 3rd and 4th betting choices run 1-2-3 the tri will pay 190 for 50 cents.

IF that.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply