Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-18-2019, 11:46 AM   #1
Half Smoke

Foreign Horses PPs - huh?

every time I see a foreign horse in Equibase charts or in U.S. PPs there is very little info - how come? - here is a screenshot of PPs from Nottingham I got from Hollywoodraces.com. very little info. how can you make a decision to bet based on such a small amount of info

I don't get it

sorry about the size of the image - I can't fix that

Last edited by Half Smoke; 06-18-2019 at 11:47 AM.
Half Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2019, 01:07 PM   #2
Immortal6

Class, surface, replays.

I played ascot this morning doing just this. Many horses can be eliminated by seeing how they’ve ran at different class levels. How have the horses ran previously on the surface they’ll see today? Then you have the most time consuming part of watching replays and seeing how the horses ran. If you don’t have time to sit and watch a few replays of a handful of horses you deem to be contenders in a race it’s probably a lost cause. Just some advice from someone who doesn’t really play euro tracks very often.
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2019, 01:38 PM   #3
letswastemoney

It's better to stick to the stakes races and look up the races on YouTube or Twitter. If it's a Group 1 race, most of their preps are on social media somewhere.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2019, 01:48 PM   #4
chiguy

One important factor in Australian racing and I believe other foreign tracks is how does the horse run on that track. Every track over there is quite different than any other and horses for courses really applies. The going (heavy, soft, good) also play a big role. Stay away from maiden races, there always seems to be a steam horse and outside of that horse it's a grab bag. In order for me handicapping these races:

• Record at course
  • Record at distance
  • Track condition
  • Class
  • Weight
I find winners looking at just this information and long shots that can fill in the underneath spots. I found a great app on my phone called Racenet.au
It has a ton of information on every horse, jockey/trainer stats etc.
chiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2019, 04:39 PM   #5
biggestal99

A perfect example of an uk

First of all, it’s a run of the mill handicap.

In handicaps like this it’s all about getting a good handicap mark from the handicapper.

The 4 played that game well as he had a nice 2nd at ascot two back, that run cost him 4 lbs. he was next entered at an inappropriate distance and ran up the track. Returned yesterday at the proper distance/class and jiggly jogged at 3/2.

A good handicap trainer doesn’t want his horse to show anything that would add weight to him when he races. This race will cost him in his next race when raised in class again. No way he can win.

Allan
biggestal99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-18-2019, 08:41 PM   #6
Zman179
Registered Wacko

For quality foreign pp’s, its best to use what the locals use:

United Kingdom/Ireland:
www.racingpost.com
www.timeform.com

South Africa:
http://www.computaformonline.co.za/

France: