Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:27 PM   #16
Tall One
Scum Bum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowclew
Not a fan of his at all, but I suspect Kent D may be lurking and benefit
a ton, if he can stay away from GoGo and PVal.

He won at SA today, and I believe they said he picked-up mount.
Tall One is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 12:37 AM   #17
Greyfox

If Bejarano is healthy, he's as good or better than I've seen in decades of watching racing.

He is "at one with the horse" at any point in a race, with respect to balance and timing, and hence maximizes that horse's potential on any given race or day.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 12:39 AM   #18
precocity
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
If Bejarano is healthy, he's as good or better than I've seen in decades of watching racing.

He is "at one with the horse" at any point in a race, with respect to balance and timing, and hence maximizes that horse's potential on any given race or day.
right on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
precocity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 06:27 AM   #19
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox

He's the best in the game. If i were to rank jocks in America, he would be ranked first on my list.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #20
Thebigguy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
He's the best in the game. If i were to rank jocks in America, he would be ranked first on my list.
I would have him somewhere around 10. I know he got hurt and that's to bad, but I think some of you are being overly generous.
Thebigguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #21
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebigguy
I would have him somewhere around 10. I know he got hurt and that's to bad, but I think some of you are being overly generous.
You can have a mulligan, it was early in the morning when you posted this, we will let it slide because we like you.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:00 PM   #22
Mad Scientist
Delusional, compulsive liar and all around giant sack of shit

In my opinion ...

Best big race rider - Mike Smirh

Best rider day in and day out - Russell Baze

Bejarano would not even crack my top 10. Sure he was cleaning up at SA but really who else is riding out there ? Talamo is really the only other top level jock. The rest are mostly just Los Alamitos jockeys. Not that they are bad, but it's obvious that Bejarano is going to get most of the live mounts.
Mad Scientist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:10 PM   #23
dannyhill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Scientist
In my opinion ...

Best big race rider - Mike Smirh

Best rider day in and day out - Russell Baze

Bejarano would not even crack my top 10. Sure he was cleaning up at SA but really who else is riding out there ? Talamo is really the only other top level jock. The rest are mostly just Los Alamitos jockeys. Not that they are bad, but it's obvious that Bejarano is going to get most of the live mounts.
Everything you said above is 200% true for Russell Baze.
dannyhill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:12 PM   #24
Mad Scientist

Here is 10 jockeys just off the top of my head in no particular order that if I owned a derby horse I would rather have ride for me than Bejarano ...

Mike Smith
Russell Baze
Joel Rosario
John Valesquez
Julien Leparoux
Rosie Napravnik
Jose Ortiz
Joe Talamo
Calvin Borel
Joe Bravo

And that is just the first 10 that came to mind. I am sure I left at least another 10 out that if I sat and actually thought about it I would come up with.

If Bejarano is on chalk than he's not going to screw it up. He's a competent rider. I just rarely ever see him move horses up ....
Old 05-12-2014, 09:15 PM   #25
Mad Scientist

Did you mean to say that you thought everything I said was correct except for Baze being best day in and day out rider ?
Old 05-12-2014, 09:41 PM   #26
ultracapper

Good luck to Bejarano. He's been one of my favorites for years. Having said that, there were a number of times over the past 4 or 5 years when he and GoGo would be dueling with the 2 best horses in the race, and Gomez would school him. Now I know Gomez at the top of his game is exceptional, but Bejarano has some work to do it would seem to get to Gomez's level. And he can move a horse up, particularly if it's a closer. His timing is pretty sharp to the wire.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:42 PM   #27
ultracapper

And I'll take him over Talamo any day. Talamo can get a little rough with his mounts in the stretch.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 09:54 PM   #28
dannyhill

Quote:
Did you mean to say that you thought everything I said was correct except for Baze being best day in and day out rider ?
What you said about Bejarano applies to Baze at Golden Gate.
dannyhill is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 10:15 PM   #29
dasch

Quote:
If Bejarano is on chalk than he's not going to screw it up. He's a competent rider. I just rarely ever see him move horses up ....
I STRONGLY disagree with this statement. Bejarano is the ONLY rider who rides socal day in and day out that improves horses he rides on a daily basis over other jockeys and its not even close. Thats why he won the last meet by about 40 wins over the next rider.
dasch is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-12-2014, 11:30 PM   #30
Mad Scientist

That's a fair point that Baze gets the vast majority of live mounts at Golden Gate similiar to Bajarano at SA, but Baze has been doing it consistently at Golden Gate for MANY years and it was not always like it is now . Baze was getting a lot of winners back when their was a very strong jockey colony at golden gate/ bay meadows.There was a time they had Baze , Hansen , warren, r .gonzalez, m. Castaneda all riding there at the same time and blaze was still getting it done.