Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > **TRIPLE CROWN TRAIL**

Old 05-18-2019, 08:56 PM   #16
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by zico20 View Post
What about Game Winner, he has the worst trip in the KD and closed from 19 lengths behind while wide the whole trip. I do like Tacitus also, think he will run big in the Belmont.
I am not a great fan of one run horses in the Belmont. They can win when the pace is fast, of course, but it often isn't.

I prefer horses who can maintain an even pace and just last 12 furlongs.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 09:01 PM   #17
Spalding No!

Quote:
What about Game Winner, he has the worst trip in the KD and closed from 19 lengths behind while wide the whole trip. I do like Tacitus also, think he will run big in the Belmont.
Has Game Winner been mentioned for the Belmont? Seems like a race Baffert avoids like the plague if a Triple Crown isn't on the line. Held Lookin At Lucky out of it despite winning the Preakness.
Spalding No! is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 09:15 PM   #18
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
Has Game Winner been mentioned for the Belmont? Seems like a race Baffert avoids like the plague if a Triple Crown isn't on the line. Held Lookin At Lucky out of it despite winning the Preakness.
He did run Point Given in it with no TC on the line. And I think Game on Dude..Can't remember if there were others.
Old 05-18-2019, 09:30 PM   #19
zico20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No! View Post
No he hasn't, I am just assuming he will run him in there, he is a perfect fit for the Belmont. He can run all day.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:00 PM   #20
Burls
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilanesp View Post
I think WoW looks like a perfect Belmont horse actually. He has great even-paced style for the race.
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about Owendale.
Burls is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 10:03 PM   #21
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burls View Post
Funny, I was thinking the same thing about Owendale.
Deep closers like Owendale sometimes win the Belmont, but they are often compromised by slow paces.
Old 05-18-2019, 10:16 PM   #22
razorback5

MS would’ve lost today had he gone.
razorback5 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 10:31 PM   #23
jettroofer

Attached pic may be the worst bad beat I've taken in this game. I had two tri tickets on the race. I was high on WOW so I singled him in my tri w/ all w/ 2,4,5,7 and on another ticket went 1/2,4,5,7/All.....except for to save a few bucks I unchecked the 6 and the 10 from my all ticket bc neither had any chance to run in the money. F#$## Dale Romans. I did get the exacta with 1/All that made it a bit better. $4700 lesson. All means all. #stillthrowingup

Attached Images
File Type: jpg badbeat.jpg (160.7 KB, 29 views)
jettroofer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 11:27 PM   #24
metro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettroofer View Post
Attached pic may be the worst bad beat I've taken in this game. I had two tri tickets on the race. I was high on WOW so I singled him in my tri w/ all w/ 2,4,5,7 and on another ticket went 1/2,4,5,7/All.....except for to save a few bucks I unchecked the 6 and the 10 from my all ticket bc neither had any chance to run in the money. F#$## Dale Romans. I did get the exacta with 1/All that made it a bit better. $4700 lesson. All means all. #stillthrowingup
Everfast didn't cost me a tri but he did a nice exacta.

Horse was 29-1 in the win pool but in the exotics he was more like 100-1, or more in line with his odds in his last half dozen races or so.

The 50k Superfecta was insane considering three logical horses drawn inside were part of it.
metro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 11:41 PM   #25
Afleet

Quote:
Originally Posted by jettroofer View Post
that sucks-I hated everfast
Afleet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 11:54 PM   #26
keithw84

I like WoW in the Belmont. Also, whatever happened to Tax? I like the way he rated. Thought he could be a good Belmont horse.
keithw84 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-18-2019, 11:55 PM   #27
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afleet View Post
that sucks-I hated everfast
I really hated Everfast. I was calling him Everslow before the race. I thought he was a huge underlay at 25-1.
Old 05-19-2019, 12:06 AM   #28
bobphilo

Quote:
I'm thinking Game Winner is the best of the bunch. He put up the best figures before the Derby and earned the top T-Graph figure in that race as well counting ground loss,
He lost 10 lengths on the turns and only lost by 3 3/4;
I'm curious to see what figures Owendale gets, especially on T-Graph. He also went very wide in the Preakness.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2019, 12:30 AM   #29
bobphilo

The Preakness had a quick honest pace and a very good final time though the track was glib. I wonder what cj's figures (that include pace) and T-Graphs figures (that include ground loss) will say. I'm guessing that War of Will and Warriors Charge as well as Owendale will get good figures.get.
bobphilo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-19-2019, 07:22 AM   #30
zico20

I am very disappointed in everyone. I just saw that no one hit the super high 5. I thought a few sharpies on here would have come up with that combination, may be even one or two with a straight ticket. Okay, that was impossible to hit in my way of thinking, did anyone even come remotely close to bringing down the whole pool for themselves.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: